Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fabian

This is Woof! 14.3.0 (Mar 15, 2024)

11 minutes ago, <

The second screenshot is how it loads in Chocolate Doom or Crispy Doom.

Woof's initial scale is identical to Chocolate's.

Crispy Doom is different by initializing zoomlevel on all maps so that a 4096 units square map would just fit in (MAP01 is 3376x3648 units).

On 4/6/2021 at 10:20 AM, fabian said:

There are now mouse button bindings available for backward motion and turning left/right.

Currently in the sources only, but it will get installed into the docs/ directory from the next release on.

https://github.com/fabiangreffrath/woof/blob/master/docs/mapcolors_vanilla.cfg

sweet! can't wait for having a raw meat carnage in old school stylo once I'll try that out.

thanks for getting that covered!

On 4/6/2021 at 4:42 AM, <

Is there a chance for such features as brightmaps and blood fix?

I must take exception to the term "blood fix". You can't fix something that is not broken.

IOW, it's an extra feature. And the name for it is "colored blood".

On 4/7/2021 at 6:59 AM, <<Rewind said:

The second screenshot is how it loads in Chocolate Doom or Crispy Doom.

Jade Earth is a Boom map, though. Perhaps a comparison with prb+ would be more appropriate?

Hey, I was wondering. I recently started using this port because it's exactly my cup of tea but I ran into some issues while playing Back to Saturn X: Episode 2 MAP20.

I kept getting no clipped out of the map boundaries while going though the level. I couldn't replicate this issue with Crispy. I tried loading the added MAP20patch but that didn't seem to change anything. 

I'm not trying to complain or anything, I've been enjoying this port so much and it's just right up my alley but I thought that maybe it's worth mentioning. I might screwed something maybe?

doom00.png

doom04.png

Yeah I was aware of that blockmap bug but I thought it wouldn't affect the port. Thanks anyway, I'll just stick to Crispy.

20 hours ago, Uni said:

Yeah I was aware of that blockmap bug but I thought it wouldn't affect the port. Thanks anyway, I'll just stick to Crispy.

Sure, but why don't you just load the map patch?

I tried dragging it but it still didn't work. I don't know how to use launch commands. 

I feel like i could really enjoy using this port, but as of right now, the sensitivity slider is too insignificant for me to even use this port.

In other ports there's usually plenty of wiggle room for mouse sensitivity and i don't even have to push it to the maximum (save for a few exceptions such as k8vavoom), but with woof! even with the mouse sensitivity pushed to the maximum it feels two or three times slower than a medium-ish sensitivity i have set in EE or PRBoom+ (which works perfectly fine in those even without mouse acceleration).

I have no idea why it's this way in woof! specifically, but if it's possible i'd really like to see this issue solved for people like me, since it seems to be a problem others have had too.

9 hours ago, MattFright said:

I have no idea why it's this way in woof! specifically, but if it's possible i'd really like to see this issue solved for people like me, since it seems to be a problem others have had too.

Woof! comes without any mouse acceleration, maybe that's the cause. Anyway, you may want to set a higher value directly in woof.cfg instead of using the in-game slider.

3 minutes ago, fabian said:

Woof! comes without any mouse acceleration, maybe that's the cause. Anyway, you may want to set a higher value directly in woof.cfg instead of using the in-game slider.

I still fail to remember that's a thing with most ports... Well, thanks for the advice!

On 4/7/2021 at 6:48 AM, <<Rewind said:

The automap is also too small

but the jade earth map is so huge, but u can still expand the automap with the keys that you have binding in the setup so that the problem disappears

Captura de Pantalla 2021-04-14 a la(s) 12.12.03.png

On 4/14/2021 at 8:53 AM, MattFright said:

I still fail to remember that's a thing with most ports... Well, thanks for the advice!

It is now possible to set mouse sensitivity to arbitrarily high values using the in-game sliders. 

Will Woof fix the Doom\Boom mf_noblockmap bug for doomEd things 79, 80 and 81 ?

They just need the mf_noblockmap flag removed.

Test map attached.

noblockmap.zip

22 hours ago, hawkwind said:

Will Woof fix the Doom\Boom mf_noblockmap bug for doomEd things 79, 80 and 81 ?

If this flag is already in Vanilla Doom and Boom, why is this a bug? Could you elaborate, please?

Yes, I realise that this is a doom\boom\mbf issue. Clearly an original oversight from iD.

Those "decorations" should clearly be able to be placed on moving plats.

Many modern sourceports have rectified this. Did you check my test wad ?

4 minutes ago, hawkwind said:

Yes, I realise that this is a doom\boom\mbf issue. Clearly an original oversight from iD.

Those "decorations" should clearly be able to be placed on moving plats.

Many modern sourceports have rectified this. Did you check my test wad ?

Not yet, because this is most probably not the right project/author to fix this. My projects are all about compatibility...

Woof! 5.0.0

• Support for the "UMAPINFO" lump has been added, compliant to Rev 1.6 of the spec (@rfomin).
  • The concept of compatibility levels has been added, currently offering "Vanilla", "Boom" and "MBF" (default). The default compatibility level may be changed through the menu and overridden with the -complevel parameter, allowing for both numeric and named arguments as in PrBoom+ (@rfomin).
  • The comp_3keydoor compatibility flag has been removed for better compatibility with PrBoom+. Fixing this bug is now handled through compatibility levels.
  • Mouse button bindings for backward motion and turning right/left have been added.
  • Support for recording and playing back Vanilla demos without reduced turning resolution has been added through the -longtics parameter (@rfomin).
  • Support for "autoload" directories has been added, both for common ("doom-all") and per IWAD files. WAD files in these directories are loaded before those passed to the -file parameter, DEHACKED files in these directories are processed after those passed to the -deh parameter and before those embedded into WAD files.
  • The limit for the values set by the mouse sensitivity thermometers in the menu has been removed.
  • The instruction message for multiple choice menu items has been fixed (@rfomin).
  • Some portability issues caused by different platforms using either / or \ as directory separators have been fixed (@rfomin).
  • The order of the demo sequence has been changed to show the CREDIT graphic screen after the first demo and the port's own credit screen after the second.
  • The widescreen offset for the color picker cursor in the menu has been fixed (@rfomin).
  • Comments and helps strings are now saved in the correct order in the config file (@rfomin).
  • Widescreen graphics for Doom 1 endings have been fixed (@rfomin).
  • Boom friction is now properly saved in savegames (@rfomin).

https://github.com/fabiangreffrath/woof/releases/download/woof_5.0.0/Woof-5.0.0-win32.zip

12 hours ago, fabian said:

Woof! 5.0.0

• The concept of compatibility levels has been added, currently offering "Vanilla", "Boom" and "MBF" (default). The default compatibility level may be changed through the menu and overridden with the -complevel parameter, allowing for both numeric and named arguments as in PrBoom+ (@rfomin).

An interesting addition, but still pretty cool. What complevel does Vanilla run on, complevel 2 or 3 or does it not really matter much like Crispy?  Also I now have to joke that Fabian and company have  accomplished the creation of PrCrispyWoof+ and soon their conquest of the Doomiverse will be complete.

5 hours ago, Eric Claus said:

What complevel does Vanilla run on, complevel 2 or 3 or does it not really matter much like Crispy?

If set to "Vanilla" it detects the Doom2/Ultimate/Final gamemode by the IWAD. But you could also explicitly set one of these levels on the command line and override the default:

https://github.com/fabiangreffrath/woof/blob/e8749c65955b82dbf504769a57d882d95c7b24b0/Source/g_game.c#L2294

I can select the chapters in Eviternity now, and I think some level packs have now map names in automap. Couldn't spot another difference but I'm glad my beloved source port gets updates. I'd like to ask two questions:

- Can I find a preset for traditional Doom automap colors somewhere?

- Does changing the compability to Vanilla change the gameplay or presentation of the game in some way?

Edited by game

5 hours ago, game said:

- Can I find a preset for traditional Doom automap colors somewhere?

It should be in Woof's docs folder: mapcolors_vanilla.cfg

5 hours ago, game said:

I can select the chapters in Eviternity

It looks like your Eviternity.wad has been modified with UMAPINFO lump. As far as I know, UMAPINFO is "officially" available only in the following wads:

1. Fork in the Road

2. DBP25: Dead, But Dreaming https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/d-f/dbp25_dbd

3. Sigil v1.2

4. No Rest For The Living - Community MIDI Pack (PRBoom variant) 

Thanks for the info! And yes, I updated Eviternity, Ancient Aliens and Valiant with the recent patches I found in the Prboom thread.

hey, i found the following error in vae victus:

image.png.e96ebf2d689e4f6259a9e685e61087ca.png

it seems that it's causing some textures to be misaligned, strangely enough. it works perfectly in crispy and changing compat settings does nothing. does anyone know what's going on here?

Hi @fabian, few questions.
I like the features your port brings, but I have some problems running pwads since whenever I try to drag and drop wads like ancient aliens on woof.exe it always says: "Error: couldn´t open d:\User\My non-latin name\Desktop\DDoom - sourceports\woof\aaliens.wad. I´m running windows 10 machine.

Is there some wad loader I overlooked or comand line like in prboom plus (although I don´t know how to use it there)?

Also does the sourceport have console I could use to enable -pistolstart, I looked at the project github page and it said that pistolstart command was taken from crispy doom, but have no idea how to enable it.

Edit 1: It seems the reason that I can´t open pwads is because of My non-latin username, when putting the sourceport in D:\woof I managed to load ancient aliens. Can this issue be fixed in future versions?

Edit 2: Disregard that pistolstart nonsense, I finaly learned how to use command line like a civilized person :p. To anyone who might be reading this simply create a .bat file and write the following:

@echo off
start woof.exe -iwad DOOM2.wad -pistolstart
exit

Edited by MS-06FZ Zaku II Kai

Woof is now my source port of choice, rather than crispy doom

59 minutes ago, game said:

Why aren't you using ZDL? Would that be too convenient? Woof runs anything.

Because I don´t wanna :p, and ZDL also doesn´t agree with my OS thanks to my username having non-latin characters.