Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fabian

This is Woof! 14.3.0 (Mar 15, 2024)

Woof 9.0 executable is removed by antivirus software. I don't know what that is but I hope the next release will see good scrutiny.

Edited by game

1 hour ago, game said:

Woof 9.0 executable is removed by antivirus software. I don't know what that is but I hope the next release will see good scrutiny.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/4f7330755716d0768346d15d84acc2fd244c18620af24018a1d99568691d68d0

The only hit on the woof.exe from this release is from "Sangfor Engine Zero", so I'm not sure what you're running exactly.

Well, up to you then, but I'd file that under "false positive." Did it explain to you what threat that it thought was presented? 

Sorry if this questions sound very stupid

Can Woof! still use Hardware acceleration? Does the port use it by default? How can it be turned on and off?

Given that the option to turn it on and off was removed, I'm not sure anymore

Thanks in advance :-)

^I was just about to ask the same thing lol. Anyhow, just a tiny consideration: will Woof also include the updated exit messages that Crispy Doom has where it detects what your OS is when you exit the game?

Ex: "I wouldn't leave if I were you, Windows is much worse." (true statement right there lmfao) instead of "I wouldn't leave if I were you, DOS is much worse."

4 hours ago, Lol 6 said:

Can Woof! still use Hardware acceleration? Does the port use it by default? How can it be turned on and off?

25 minutes ago, VoanHead said:

I was just about to ask the same thing lol.

The variable for the "Hardware Acceleration" setting is internally called "page_flip". It is still used in the code, and seems to be enabled by default. As of Woof 9.0.0, it can only be toggled by editing the CFG file; a commit for that version of the port rearranged the first page of the General settings menu, and the item to toggle page_flip was removed for some reason.

Sorry for the confusion! Accelerated rendering is still available and is used whenever possible. I just figured it doesn't need a menu switch, because nobody seriously does "it looks absolutely identical but performs worse, I want this" :)

I've come across something very strange.  On Map 25 of Valiant, there's a secret berserk, and while the secret is recorded as being tagged on the extended HUD, the "A Secret is Revealed!" message doesn't appear even though the option is enabled.  The secret rocket launcher in the same map displays the message as expected, and if I load the map in DSDA-Doom, the message for the Map 25 berserk secret is displayed with no issue.  I'm not sure what would be causing this, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

2 hours ago, fabian said:

Is this reproducible? Does the "woosh" sound play?

No, the sound effect doesn't play, either.  The glitch happens every time I load up this map and tag that secret.

Indeed, sectors with a generalized secret mask were forgotten when implementing the "Secret Revealed!" message feature. Thanks for the bug report!

Ho riscontrato un problema tecnico nell'HUD Boom, quando riavvio la mappa 2 di Doom 2 for the Pistol start,la motosega appare nell'HUD. (Scusate il mio pessimo inglese, spero di essermi spiegato bene).

41 minutes ago, Valboom said:

Ho riscontrato un problema tecnico nell'HUD Boom, quando riavvio la mappa 2 di Doom 2 for the Pistol start,la motosega appare nell'HUD. (Scusate il mio pessimo inglese, spero di essermi spiegato bene).

Translated, found and fixed, thanks!

On the subject of Valiant, regarding its arachnorbs specifically, I was wondering if the extended HUD has the capability of tracking specially spawned enemies like them by adding to the total monster count.  I know this was implemented in DSDA-Doom at some point, and it would be quite useful for UV Max if that was done here, too.

Indeed, the extrakills were substracted from the player's killcount in the widget. I have now changed it to count them explicitly on the totalkills side.

So i decided to give this port a try and I'm loving it so  far. I'm having one issue though.

I can't load "No Rest for the Living" as an episode for Doom 2 (so that it can be selected in the menu), regardless if i load it with the original Doom2.wad or the BFG Edition of the Doom2.wad. In Crispy it works flawlessly, what am i doing wrong?

Its a minor issue in the grand scheme of things, whatever the intro music track is for any wad does not play when I have Fluidsynth as the midi player. If the demo plays, the music for that map kicks in, but when it goes back to the title screen, the intro music does not play.  I've tried various wads including just base doom & doom2.wad.  The intro music works fine when i have fluidsynth selected with dsda-doom or gzdoom.

I am using kubuntu 21.10.  Apart from that one weird issue, everything else works great and i've really enjoyed using this port. 

On 3/17/2022 at 12:14 AM, EnrichedUranium said:

Its a minor issue in the grand scheme of things, whatever the intro music track is for any wad does not play when I have Fluidsynth as the midi player. If the demo plays, the music for that map kicks in, but when it goes back to the title screen, the intro music does not play.  I've tried various wads including just base doom & doom2.wad.  The intro music works fine when i have fluidsynth selected with dsda-doom or gzdoom.

I cannot reproduce this on Debian. Just selected Fluidsynth as the MIDI backend and sat through the Doom 1 demo reel for several minutes. The intro music plays exactly when it's supposed to.

Yea i figured it was just some issue on my end. If I use a wad with mp3s (like Ozonia), the intro music works fine.  Here's the console output if you are really interested, but unless something jumps out as me missing something obvious, don't worry about it. I tried with a new cfg file where I only swap the sound to fluidsynth from SDL, but the same thing occurs.  

IWAD found: /home/uranium/Games/Doom/IWAD/DOOM.WAD
Ultimate DOOM version
                         The Ultimate DOOM Startup v2.03                           
Built on Mar 15 2022
M_LoadDefaults: Load system defaults.
 default file: /home/uranium/.local/share/woof/woof.cfg
V_Init: allocate screens.
W_Init: Init WADfiles.
 adding /home/uranium/Games/Doom/IWAD/DOOM.WAD

Loading DEH file /usr/local/stow/woof-3-15-22/share/woof/autoload/doom-all/bloodcolor.deh
M_Init: Init miscellaneous info.
R_Init: Init DOOM refresh daemon - [                    ]..................
R_InitData
R_InitPlanes
R_InitLightTables
R_InitSkyMap
R_InitTranslationsTables

P_Init: Init Playloop state.
I_Init: Setting up machine state.
I_InitJoystick: Found a valid game controller, named: XInput Controller
I_InitSound: Configured audio device with 2048 samples/slice.
Precaching all sound effects...done.
I_InitMusic: Using SDL_mixer.
NET_Init: Init network subsystem.
D_CheckNetGame: Checking network game status.
startskill 3  deathmatch: 0  startmap: 1  startepisode: 1
player 1 of 1 (1 nodes)
S_Init: Setting up sound.
S_Init: default sfx volume 8
HU_Init: Setting up heads up display.
ST_Init: Init status bar.

On 3/16/2022 at 7:14 PM, EnrichedUranium said:

I am using kubuntu 21.10.  Apart from that one weird issue, everything else works great and i've really enjoyed using this port. 

I see a similar issue on Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS. For me, the intro music doesn't play at all. If I manually compile and install the newest version of Fluidsynth (2.2.5), the issue is resolved. My apt installs version 2.1.1.

This fixes the issue on my end:

Spoiler

diff --git a/Source/i_flmusic.c b/Source/i_flmusic.c
index 05bc739..862dfc3 100644
--- a/Source/i_flmusic.c
+++ b/Source/i_flmusic.c
@@ -183,7 +183,7 @@ static void I_FL_ResumeSong(void *handle)

static void I_FL_PlaySong(void *handle, boolean looping)
 {
-    fluid_player_set_loop(player, looping ? -1 : 0);
+    fluid_player_set_loop(player, looping ? -1 : 1);
     fluid_player_play(player);
 }

1 hour ago, mikeday said:

This fixes the issue on my end:

Thank you! Does this work for both APIs? If yes, could you file a PR, please? 

1 minute ago, Eddie 2077 said:

So, I bought REKKR Sunken Land and know it works with Crispy, but does it work with Woof? If so, what do I need to do?

Should work just fine. Just run it with -complevel 3.

1 minute ago, maxmanium said:

Should work just fine. Just run it with -complevel 3.

What file should I be looking to run? REKKR.iwad?

1 minute ago, Eddie 2077 said:

What file should I be looking to run? REKKR.iwad?

Yes, REKKRSL.iwad, but I think you'll need to change the .iwad extension to .wad, and run it instead with doom.wad as the iwad. The .iwad extension to my knowledge only works with GZDoom, for all other source ports you'll need to load it like a PWAD.

6 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

Yes, REKKRSL.iwad, but I think you'll need to change the .iwad extension to .wad, and run it instead with doom.wad as the iwad. The .iwad extension to my knowledge only works with GZDoom, for all other source ports you'll need to load it like a PWAD.

Apparently, it can run on it's own in Woof! when added to Doom Launcher as an iwad (as REKKRSL.wad). But doing what you said got it to work, though.