Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fabian

This is Woof! 14.3.0 (Mar 15, 2024)

5 hours ago, fabian said:

As you can see, the sx value is based around FRACUNIT. If you disable bobbing by setting player->bob to zero, what remains is FRACUNIT and not zero.

I'm aware, this is one of "the other instances", likely the one causing that minor inaccuracy across the rest of ports. At this point it seems like it was intentionally kept as is, although I believe it could be rather easily fixed since only sy seems to matter for demo compatibility; my fork seems to be running alright without it, at least.

It's not a "fix" though to change where things are rendered, nor is the existing implementation inaccurate.

Trying to make demos while playtesting, I noticed "idmypos" is disabled while recording a demo. Position shows up on automap, but I am trying to make mapping bug reports so need position displayed when automap is off. Tested a couple ports from Chocolate to Eternity and it seems probably all ports support idmypos while recording, except woof. Seems like this might be a bug.

I have a feature request: freecam mode during demo playback. It's all I really need to migrate from DSDA doom to Woof, as the low resolution settings Woof offers are essential for pulling off glides with ease, and the extended HUD is a bonus :)

11 minutes ago, DoomBoomer said:

And I wish option to change colors of numbers on the HUD. Crispy Doom has that feature, and it's neat.

At least on current versions, you can toggle colored Status Bar numbers by going to Options > Setup > Status Bar/HUD and disabling Use Red Numbers. The source code does refer to the Status Bar and the HUD as two somewhat separate things though, so you might be talking about something else.

Screenshot of the setting:

Spoiler

image.png.011db207e910772b7e34bcbe25804654.png

And this is what it looks like:

image.png.1781417daf757077124ca7bf5cf578b2.png

9 hours ago, evanisdead said:

I have a feature request: freecam mode during demo playback. It's all I really need to migrate from DSDA doom to Woof, as the low resolution settings Woof offers are essential for pulling off glides with ease, and the extended HUD is a bonus :)

You can play dsda-doom with the same resolution settings, and woof's extended hud is originally from dsda-doom. Woof is a great port, so I recommend it regardless, but these conditions are available in both :^)

On 2/17/2022 at 9:42 AM, kraflab said:

You can play dsda-doom with the same resolution settings, and woof's extended hud is originally from dsda-doom. Woof is a great port, so I recommend it regardless, but these conditions are available in both :^)

I already have DSDA-Doom, but Woof just seemed more likeable to me, which is why I'm making this feature request. The whole reason I decided to update my Woof in the first place was because I heard it borrowed the extended hud from DSDA.

Congratulations on the release, guys. This one took a while.

False-positive with Avast and AVG.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/4f7330755716d0768346d15d84acc2fd244c18620af24018a1d99568691d68d0

I wasn't sure if my previous post got missed, so in case it did, I was wondering if there's any way to -viddump with Woof, and if not, if it's a feature that can be added at some point down the road.  Also, I noticed that in a six-key map, the status bar didn't update to show that both a keycard and skull key of the same color had been collected, so I wonder if this, too, could be considered as an enhancement.  Lastly, are there any plans to add support for ACS to allow special features like the animal sounds in Ancient Aliens teleporter sequences to be played?  Thanks!

15 minutes ago, Bytefyre said:

Also, I noticed that in a six-key map, the status bar didn't update to show that both a keycard and skull key of the same color had been collected, so I wonder if this, too, could be considered as an enhancement.

Go to Options > Setup > Status Bar / HUD > Single Key Display and set it to No.

5 minutes ago, Rotwang said:

Go to Options > Setup > Status Bar / HUD > Single Key Display and set it to No.

Wow...I have no idea how I missed that earlier.  Thanks!

I apologize if I'm being a bother, but I have another question, this time regarding multiplayer capabilities.  I don't see any means of setting up the game configuration, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if these capabilities are going to be added in a future release.

49 minutes ago, Bytefyre said:

I apologize if I'm being a bother, but I have another question, this time regarding multiplayer capabilities.  I don't see any means of setting up the game configuration, so I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if these capabilities are going to be added in a future release.

You did see this?

Integration of the Chocolate Doom network code. Demo compatible multiplayer for all supported complevels allowing for cross-port network games with the Chocolate family of ports, e.g. Crispy Doom (remember to set -complevel vanilla for the server).

10 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

Yes, I did, but I don't see how to actually set any options, i.e. game type, respawning items, etc.  Chocolate Doom has its own setup program for that.  Am I supposed to copy that setup program into my Woof directory?

19 minutes ago, Bytefyre said:

Yes, I did, but I don't see how to actually set any options, i.e. game type, respawning items, etc.  Chocolate Doom has its own setup program for that.  Am I supposed to copy that setup program into my Woof directory?

I actually went ahead out of curiosity because the readme clearly states integration of Chocolate Doom network code.

So i did some logical deduction: Using Chocolate Doom network code, the input syntax should be the same, right?

So i looked up the MP page of Choco and saw this:

chocolate-doom -server -deathmatch

I figured, if its identical, i just need to change chocolate-doom for Woof, right? So away i did in a command-prompt. This is what i got:

2Kkk2gN.png

So, in a command prompt:

woof -server -deathmatch

And generally just follow the Chocolate Doom page.

However i think the setup program or atleast a guide to do this in Woof would be highly beneficial if you were to ask me.

Edited by Redneckerz

1 minute ago, Redneckerz said:

I actually went ahead out of curiosity because the readme clearly states integration of Chocolate Doom network code.

So i did some logical deduction: Using Chocolate Doom network code, the input syntax should be the same, right?

So i looked up the MP page of Choco and saw this:

chocolate-doom -server -deathmatch

I figured, if its identical, i just need to change chocolate-doom for Woof, right? So away i did in a command-prompt. This is what i got:

2Kkk2gN.png

So, in a command prompt:

woof -server -deathmatch

And generally just follow the Chocolate Doom page.

I totally get all of that, and I do now understand better that things are currently limited to what vanilla Doom would offer in terms of customization, but the one issue I see is that you can't set your player name - in Chocolate Doom, the only place you can do that is in the setup program, and it gets written to its config.  Woof doesn't seem to have any concept of what that "player_name" field is right now; it just auto-generates a name each time.  It would also be nice to have more than four players be able to join a session.

3 hours ago, Bytefyre said:

Woof doesn't seem to have any concept of what that "player_name" field is right now; it just auto-generates a name each time.

There is plans to make setup program like in Chocolate Doom. Note that the current multiplayer is in beta.

3 hours ago, Bytefyre said:

It would also be nice to have more than four players be able to join a session.

This is a limitation of the vanilla network code, it is not practical to increase the number of players.

On 2/26/2022 at 4:57 AM, Bytefyre said:

I wasn't sure if my previous post got missed, so in case it did, I was wondering if there's any way to -viddump with Woof, and if not, if it's a feature that can be added at some point down the road. 

Sorry, but no, there are no such plans. Video dumping is highly non-trivial, especially if you want to preserve sounds and music and I am glad we have PrBoom+ for this. ;)

Also, I noticed that in a six-key map, the status bar didn't update to show that both a keycard and skull key of the same color had been collected, so I wonder if this, too, could be considered as an enhancement. 

There is a config switch for this, but this has already been pointed out. No idea why this is disabled by default, probably another MBF'ism.

Lastly, are there any plans to add support for ACS to allow special features like the animal sounds in Ancient Aliens teleporter sequences to be played?  Thanks!

No, sorry, this isn't on the agenda, not even on its bottom. ;)

On 2/26/2022 at 11:10 PM, Bytefyre said:

I totally get all of that, and I do now understand better that things are currently limited to what vanilla Doom would offer in terms of customization, but the one issue I see is that you can't set your player name - in Chocolate Doom, the only place you can do that is in the setup program, and it gets written to its config.  Woof doesn't seem to have any concept of what that "player_name" field is right now; it just auto-generates a name each time.  It would also be nice to have more than four players be able to join a session.

Yes, sorry, network gaming is a bit rudimentary at this point. It works on the command line, there is no shiny GUI for this. And you always get assigned a paw patrol dog for the player name. :D It's declared beta state after all.

Edited by fabian

11 hours ago, fabian said:

Sorry, but no, there are no such plans. Video dumping is highly non-trivial, especially if you want to preserve sounds and music and I am glad we have PrBoom+ for this. ;)

There is a config switch for this, but this has already been pointed out. No idea why this is disabled by default, probably another MBF'ism.

No, sorry, this isn't on the agenda, not even on its bottom. ;)

Yes, sorry, network gaming is a bit rudimentary at this point. It works on the commend line, there is now shiny GUI for this. And you always get assigned a paw patrol dog for the player name. :D It's declared beta state after all.

Thanks for following up!  I appreciate all the info, and I'll figure out what to do about recording going forward. :)

I'm currently having an issue with the -warp command-line parameter when running Woof!. When trying to warp to any map that uses Doom 1's map format, be it E1M2 or E4M6; the game loads E4M1. Is it because I'm doing something wrong? This issue persists on the most recent version of Woof!, compiled from source.

Do you leave a gap between episode and map, e.g. `-warp 4 6`?

Edit: It is now possible to warp to e.g. E2M6 by calling `-warp 26`.

Edited by fabian