Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quadraphonics

GZDoom - Annoyingly Long Loading Times

Between levels in classic DOOM and DOOM 2, I get loading times which are around 12 seconds long using OpenGL and Vulkan. SoftPoly fixes this, but the performance significantly decreases (like 25 fps max), is there any way I can decrease these load times?

GL and Vulkan are a lot slower?

What's your hardware specs? I have a feeling it doesn't support the required GL version of 3.3, or your drivers are very out of date. But without the specs there's only speculation that can be made.

26 minutes ago, seed said:

What's your hardware specs? I have a feeling it doesn't support the required GL version of 3.3, or your drivers are very out of date. But without the specs there's only speculation that can be made.

+ Which GZDoom version is used.

What kind of hires texture pack or texture scaling factor are you using?

12 seconds normally means that you are trying to upload huge textures to the graphics card.

Just now, Graf Zahl said:

What kind of hires texture pack or texture scaling factor are you using?

12 seconds normally means that you are trying to upload huge textures to the graphics card.

I don't have a texture pack, I'm just running vanilla DOOM. If texture scaling is what I think it means, I use xBRZ and a 3x texture resizing multiplier. When I turn it off, the load times are still the exact same.

19 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

+ Which GZDoom version is used.

46 minutes ago, seed said:

I said SoftPoly is a lot slower than the other 2. The version I use is GZDoom 4.3.3. The hardware specs I have are 8GB of RAM and an Intel i5 processor. I've updated my drivers and the problem still remains.

1 minute ago, triplebarrel said:

I said SoftPoly is a lot slower than the other 2. The version I use is GZDoom 4.3.3. The hardware specs I have are 8GB of RAM and an Intel i5 processor. I've updated my drivers and the problem still remains.

Hm, yea, I must be tired then, oops.

What's your video card?