Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Szuran

A mysterious NOTHING is blocking the way

Question

Look here, I have an empty area of the map and I can't go through here, even shots hit this nothing like it's a wall. This is an exploding projectile:

Screenshot-Doom-20200229-211617.png

As you can see, there is NOTHING there. This is something in this area, and sometimes this wall lets me through, sometimes not. It also feels like it's pushable, I can get blocked, wiggle a bit, and then the place when it's blocking me changes a bit.

Spoiler

obraz.png

I tried making new sectors, removing and readding lines - it just doesn't work, this tiny space is cursed. Map analysis shows no problems. What should I do?

8 answers to this question

It sounds like a linedef is missing a sidedef somewhere. This can cause strange bleed-over effects.

You could try running an error check in Doom Builder (since that appears to be the editor you're using).

I did it, it showed nothing. I just placed a small obstacle there (made of sectors) and it seems to work fine.

What happens when you delete both the long and the short linedef,

highlighted in your screenshot, and then close the sector again with

a single linedef? Make new linedef or drag vertex.

You may have to add the sector again in Make Sectors Mode.

I tried this, nothing happened, it wasn't exactly on the linedef either, it's like in the middle of the sector, like an actor being there, one that you can move. But it's not some empty actor, there's nothing there.

2 minutes ago, Szuran said:

I tried this, nothing happened, it wasn't exactly on the linedef either, it's like in the middle of the sector, like an actor being there, one that you can move. But it's not some empty actor, there's nothing there.

Upload your map, or at least that portion in a workable map.

Or pm it, I'll take a look.

7 minutes ago, Kappes Buur said:

Upload your map, or at least that portion in a workable map.

Or pm it, I'll take a look.

I'm PM-ing you, thanks.

Oh, looking closer, you may have overlapping linedefs, possibly with invalid sector references.

I see a vertex that looks like it should split the linedef you're hovering over, but isn't.

I'd check all that also.

It's not a vertex, it was a position of the cursor at the time I took the screenshot. I checked for overlapping lines. Thanks anyway.:)