Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zen4040

what games to play while listening to death metal?

I'm listening to tons of boltthrower and I love fantasizing about what ever the songs sound like, which can be way more fun when you're actually playing game that matches the experience. Doom is an obvious one and I've done a few times now but i want a little more variety besides there's also the problem that doom allready has it's own kickass soundtrack so I feel weird turning it off. Are there any good games that don't require you to listen to every footstep ingame?

The only games besides doom I found so far are vermintide 2, a melee combat based coop game in the warhammer(fantasy) universe where you slaughter hordes of rats, norscas and beastmen and planetside 2, just a free MMO shooter, similar to battlefield, in a sci fi setting. what makes it epic are the huge battles you can get yourself into, apparently there can be thausends of players in one server.

know any other games?

No games from my experience.

Yeah I know, shitpost-tier comment but honestly I have discovered a while ago that, at least with me, metal just distracts me from the game rather than help me focus on it, so I prefer listening to other genres or no music at all when playing as a result.

Back when I didn't have the Quake 1/2 soundtrack (before the GOG release) I'd put some 90's DM in the background. I might do it again sometime.

Jaguar Doom is a good game to play while listening to some DM. Heh.

I used to play Left 4 Dead a lot while listening to metal, with subtitles on so that I knew at least when a Hunter, Smoker, etc. were nearby. Thoroughly enjoyed that experience. 

Actually most competitive FPS shooters are perfect for it, as well, if you're just playing casually. Some CS:GO deathmatch, gun game, etc. are great places to throw on some metal and play (if you're just practicing your headshots, that sort of thing, you don't really need to hear footsteps).

Edited by RonnieJamesDiner

I don't listen to music while gaming unless it is part of the game. Though I don't really listen to straight death metal either way as I'm more of a deathcore and metalcore kind of guy.

Edited by randomgamerguy1997