Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
slayermbm

Huge difference between SFX and music volumes

I'm playing the latest x64 SVN build from today, march first.

Question: why there's such a huge difference between the volumes? The music is overwhelming, even when setting the bar all the way low and the SFX all the way high. The SFX's are barely audible compared to the music. Is it fixable or there's something inherent to Windows audio drivers that makes this matter not solvable? Sorry for any mistakes, english is not my first language.

After testing some more, I realized that when I raise the music volume bar, the SFX's also get louder, so I was wrong in my opening post, but I believe they should be (more) independent from each other. Even then, when both bars are maxed out, the music is obviously louder in comparison.   

You're missing the midiproc.exe I think.

Make sure you grab that from the latest stable build as the devbuilds do not build it along with the rest of the files.

Make sure to use the x86 build for the moment, and set the volume of Eternity via Windows' mixer.

I have midiproc and using x86 latest SVN on top of the stable 32-bit build and the sound is still playing back too low.

E: Tried turning midiproc up in Windows mixer and it doesn't do shit. This is frustrating. In fact, it just jacked up my total system audio.