Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xanthier

Wadauthor is the bane of my existence.....

I started making a math in wadauthor, it only uses sectors, well it works fine for the most part but when i wanted to expand a sector or combine two sectors wadauthor said they weren't closed and i tried defining all my linedefs and and I don't know how to fix this but it happens alot...it sounds simple but i never had that problem with doomed, making sectors was easy, help someone please.

Explain exactly what you're doing, because I've never had this problem with wadauthor.

I usually do it like this:
1) Clicking on the first sectors linedef,
2) then with Ctrl held down, you click on the other sectors linedef and
3) right mouse button and choose join linedefs.

Do what Lobo says to connect one sector to another (make them share one or more lines). You can also use WadAuthor's hotkeys, the J key is for joining. To join lines, go into line select mode (hit the L key), click on one line, CTRL-click on the second line, then hit the J key.

If you need to fix a problem where a sector is said not to be closed, go into sector select mode (hit the S key). Wherever you put the mouse cursor, inside a sector, the sector should hilight. Each line which is identified as belonging to that sector will hilight. See any lines which don't hilight? Those need to be re-identified as belonging to the sector you are trying to fix. Double click on the line, look down in the lower right of the dialog box, see the "Sector" entry. Put the right number there. Note that you can enter numbers for both the front and back side sectors. A one-sided line will have -1 for the backside sector.

Biffy said:

Do what Lobo says to connect one sector to another (make them share one or more lines). You can also use WadAuthor's hotkeys, the J key is for joining. To join lines, go into line select mode (hit the L key), click on one line, CTRL-click on the second line, then hit the J key.

If you need to fix a problem where a sector is said not to be closed, go into sector select mode (hit the S key). Wherever you put the mouse cursor, inside a sector, the sector should hilight. Each line which is identified as belonging to that sector will hilight. See any lines which don't hilight? Those need to be re-identified as belonging to the sector you are trying to fix. Double click on the line, look down in the lower right of the dialog box, see the "Sector" entry. Put the right number there. Note that you can enter numbers for both the front and back side sectors. A one-sided line will have -1 for the backside sector.

Thanks, that's what i was looking for, you guys rule.