Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
guitardz

Atomic Island - 12 Map Boom WAD with OTEX and Mini-Charge (COMING...when it's done.)

2 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Holyshat, a 3rd party wad using Minicharge.

It's a really nice mod.  We are replacing all the enemy sprites that it doesn't change though.  Also, we will be tweaking the regular zombieman's behavior to make him slightly more of a threat.

Gonna post a few 4-shots.  Starting with MAP01: Doomsday Clock.  Very little has been done on this map, mainly just the opening beach area and a well with a silent teleport in it to drop you into an underground chamber.

doom00.png

doom01.png

doom02.png

doom03.png

MAP02: Haunted Earth.  This map is a "demake" of mine and Bauul's Mapwich 2 map "Savages" It's an abandoned techbase deep in the jungle.  I felt that it fit in with this wad so I am converting it to Boom format for this project.  There may also be a few surprise differences from the Mapwich 2 version ;)

doom02.png

doom09.png

doom15.png

doom17.png

Posted (edited)

MAP03: Nuclear Remnant.  An abandoned power plant next to some caves.  This is the map I have spent the most time on so far in this project.  It is hard to pick out just 4 shots to sum it up since it is such a sprawling map, but here are a few highlights.

doom01.png

doom22.png

doom36.png

doom00.png

MAP06: Chaos Circuit.  This will be a more abstract techbase map, consisting of a mostly black metal and concrete theme with red circuitry and lighting throughout.  I have plans to make some black "void" areas, but so far it is just an entryway.  This is going to be the sendoff for the first episode so I plan on it being fairly large and adventurous.

doom00.png

doom03.png

doom04.png

doom08.png

7 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

Fucking awesome.

This gets a write up.

I wanted to make sure we had a solid foundation to work from before i made an official topic on it :)

So, Atomic Island uses the Mini-Charge MBF gameplay mod, which is a lite version of Supercharge, which is the continuation of the gameplay mod featured in Paradise. Wow =)

The screenshots are impressive, dark and exciting. Wish I could try it on a 4K-monitor.