Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
twistedhydrgoen

What would you do if an actual invasion of Earth by Hell happened?

I like to think that I'd be bad enough to take on the demons but I'd just end up as another statistic casualty in settings like these resembling Warhammer -tier carnage. Even in Halo or Berserk or any such setting the hero is always some kind of a superhero to be able to even the overwhelming odds. Normal mortals can't even begin to relate to such power.

Show them all the cringe of this World, which will lead the Demons to awaken a new and fearsome feeling on their bodies, causing them to leave and never come back, thus saving the day thanks to humanity's silly things.

and then die.

I would do everything Doom taught me to do. Except only There are no guns anywhere near here and I weigh like 130 lbs. So I'd get utterly destroyed.

Die

On a more serious note, I'd get my survival supplies and canned food together. If any Demon shows up at our door my father has a few hunting rifles so we have a small chance of living. I'd also pray for the Doomslayer to come to earth.

I would let the demons zombify me so I could finally help them wiped out the humankind once and for all!!! Muahahaha!!!

I kind of mean it, cause I just want this fucking world to end! And thank God it's ending!

The demons can tank rockets. Anyone who thinks they are strong enough to handle anything above an imp without some elite group is fucked!

Succubi/Incubi: Planet's been taken over, that kinda sucks, but hey, tons of demon chicks/dudes to date and/or fuck! Hell, might even become one if the benefits outweigh the risks.

Normal Doom enemies: MILITARY HELP ME, or: "Damn, those demon bastards are gonna pay-" *Heart suddenly goes missing from body at a fast speed, followed by not-alive*

Anything tougher than that, I'd probably yeet myself off the nearest bridge I can find, only to probably fail and have my spine ripped off by some Elite Baron of Hell or something similarly threatening.

I would barricade my place with crates. Dumb monsters won't be able to pass

Edit: the bad thing is flying ones

I'd go down with the world, I don't think we're prepared for any sort of attack of such dimension, hopefully I'd die early not to see everything go to shit for too long.

On 3/14/2020 at 6:23 AM, kinker31 said:

Succubi/Incubi: Planet's been taken over, that kinda sucks, but hey, tons of demon chicks/dudes to date and/or fuck! Hell, might even become one if the benefits outweigh the risks.

Huh, that's an interesting proposal...

All that HDoom training sure gonna help.

Depends of what kind of hell invasion will happen. Probably just simulate stigmata to jump into "to heaven" train. Or start screaming "black as the night, metal we fight, power up set to explode".

This are also a pretty good ideas.

On 3/5/2020 at 5:49 AM, Solmyr said:

0btEoYj.png

On 3/4/2020 at 11:33 PM, DoomedFox said:

"Damn all that doom playing is gonna pay off today!" I say before getting my spine ripped out mins later by a demon

On 3/5/2020 at 3:56 AM, Nine Inch Heels said:

If demons invaded earth? Party with the Succubi, of course.

I'm sure there are people who would like to think they would say: "I knew all that time playing slaughtermaps would pay off! It's finally happening! This is my time!"

On 3/4/2020 at 5:38 PM, Egg Boy said:

I'd just hide up a flight of 24 unit high stairs.

If they were very narrow, that might save you, but if they were wide steps, you'd need them to be 25 units high. At least until the cacos, pain elementals, and lost souls (and whatever other flying custom monsters existed) crashed the party.

On 3/5/2020 at 12:40 PM, Redneckerz said:

Technically you have no way of knowing how anyone would react because such an event has not happened yet. Maybe you will freeze. Maybe you will tie your shoe laces and nothing more. Maybe you buy an ice cream or a copy Doom 2016 without the disc in it.

I assume most of us will keep on doing the same thing, and create threads here with the following titles:

• ''Which source port is the best?''
  • ''What do you think of Brutal Doom?''
  • ''I hate the Lost Soul so much. What Doom monster do you hate?''
  • ''Terrywads: Why aren't they discussed on Doomworld?''
  • ''Let us talk here about how Linguica still discovers new mapping tricks as the end draws near''
  • ''Announcing KBDoom/Legacy 2: First release''
  • ''Can't seem to make a room in Doom Builder''
  • ''GZDoom crashes for me. Any tips?''
  • ''Favorite WAD you have played since you were little?''
  • ''Have you ever been mellow?''
  • ''ghwetreht OCYUIP29.com'' <- Spam

There might also be threads like:

"Doom Eternal. Do you think it lived up to the hype?" (Poll)
"Problem with high ping during TNS. Did anyone else have this problem?"

"Now that the apocalypse is here, which wad are you playing?"

And invariably someone would respond to the "what Doom monster you hate" thread by complaining that we already talked about 6 months ago and linking the dozen threads over the past 5 years where some variation of that question got asked.

If that ever happened I would go buy a serious Sam outfit or doomguy one an I would say Everytime I get up in the morning I have to fight a alien invasion then I get my grandpas shotgun and I would fight the demons an send them to hell

Believe in me, humans can be way worse than anything demons could ever imagine.

On 3/21/2020 at 8:36 PM, DSC said:

Believe in me, humans can be way worse than anything demons could ever imagine.

If Heaven told us we deserved a demon invasion, I'd agree.

How much humans can do to make things miserable is astounding.

Going to load my gun and then aim down the sights on them.
They will make a huge rant about how reloading and aiming down the sights belongs in Call of Duty and not Doom, and they will just quit in butthurt, looking to invade another world where REAL fighters doesn't aim down the sights and never reloads their weapons.

On 3/13/2020 at 2:14 PM, Pegg said:

above an imp

Imps will kick your ass as well. So the normal stupid zombies are as far as we can possibly hope to go.

On 3/20/2020 at 9:19 PM, Pegleg said:

"Doom Eternal. Do you think it lived up to the hype?" (Poll)

I would let a goddamn Imp tear me apart rather than having one more of these.

On 3/12/2020 at 8:45 AM, Wrathoxic said:

I'd also pray for the Doomslayer to come to earth.

On the condition that he was real though.

I'd walk around everywhere with my left fist cocked and ready to punch, my trusty Phantom ring on, and my right hand out in front of me, thumb down