Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
19Wraith

Uac Last Stand

Hey guys i would like to share with you my latest map i've recently finished. Its a fairy looong map with lots of enemies.

Link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/gnthnrv55lsjqpb/uaclast.zip?dl=0

Play it with Gzdoom, i had some troubles trying to run it on zdoom. If anyone has problems playing in any sourceport i would thankfully if you let me know. Feedback is wellcomed 😃

Screenshots: 

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200306_194008.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200306_194034.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200306_194100.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200306_194152.png

Edited by 19Wraith

Place screenshots in your post (in a spoiler, if large) rather than require people to click five separate links to view them. Rather than a mega.nz download link with a key, which looks strange, use a more standard file host or attach the file to your post.  

Done. Just wonderwing what is needed to upload maps in the database?  i tried several times but i coudn't. I got my filezilla client and done everything  suposed right ( i hope so), but my map wasn't uploading while others where. What did i wrong?

Too cool to use dropbox/imgur, huh? 😎

Sorry but I keep getting this error message that it failed generating a direct download link. If your wad is small, you can just use forum attachments.

I gave this try on UV in Gzdoom 4.2.4 and I found quite a few problems:

-Are linedefs 6117 etc. supposed to be impassable?

-Misaligned texture at blue door 8986.

-HOMs at linedefs 25061 etc.

-It's not clear how to rise bridge 4486, I had to look in the editor. Generally, it's not clear which switch opens what, the player has to run around like headless chicken and check everything. It would be prudent to mark them with specially textured pillars or other means as is usual in modern maps.

-Two small HOMs at linedefs 31119 and 31121.

-Teleporters 6716 and 6717 are missing destination thing.

-The monster closet design is rather unrealiable, some monsters are running around the walls and don't teleport out even after several minutes. It would probably help to add radial teleport linedefs.

-Line 9593 has no first side.
-Line 23701 has no first side.

On 3/8/2020 at 1:29 PM, Caleb13 said:

I gave this try on UV in Gzdoom 4.2.4 and I found quite a few problems:

-Are linedefs 6117 etc. supposed to be impassable?

Yes, they are meant to be impassable

-Misaligned texture at blue door 8986.

-HOMs at linedefs 25061 etc.

-It's not clear how to rise bridge 4486, I had to look in the editor. Generally, it's not clear which switch opens what, the player has to run around like headless chicken and check everything. It would be prudent to mark them with specially textured pillars or other means as is usual in modern maps.

-Two small HOMs at linedefs 31119 and 31121.

-Teleporters 6716 and 6717 are missing destination thing.

-The monster closet design is rather unrealiable, some monsters are running around the walls and don't teleport out even after several minutes. It would probably help to add radial teleport linedefs.

-Line 9593 has no first side.
-Line 23701 has no first side.

Thanks for the feedback! Just uploaded a new version with some flaws fixed