Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Personal Best Demo Thread ← POST YOUR NON-WRs HERE

Plutonia
MAP10 UV Fast in 2:47.69 (record is 2:47.49 by Tatsurd-cacocaco, 2013)

Demo: pl10f247.zip
Video: https://youtu.be/7bGOyFGm26c

Failed at beating Tatsurd-cacocaco's record by 200ms. Beating this time felt so close and so possible. But ultimately, I decided to give up; the beginning of this map is just too f***ing random, and my patience completely wore out. In 602 attempts (out of 610!) I couldn't even reach the exit.

Posted (edited)

E1M1 NM-Speed (0:10:26)

This is the lowest decimal I got while attempting a 9. It took about an hour.
I'm gonna put some more time into getting 9.

e1m1n10_26.zip

@Narque Your demo has been moved here, this is the appropriate thread to post non-WR personal bests.

Posted (edited)

Ultimate Doom
E2M1 UV Max in 1:28.00 (record is 1:25.97 by Vile, 2003)

Demo: e2m1-128.zip
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2zioN_lq9c

Mastering the shotgun timing is the key to mastering this map - as well as strafe-running properly. Pressing the buttons on the floor can be tricky depending on monster movement. After some practice, it's easy to get between 1m30 and 1m40. To go below 1m30, however, requires a ridiculous amount of good RNG.

Posted (edited)

Ultimate Doom
E2M2 UV Max in 3:18.57 (record is 3:15.77 by Vile, 2013)

Demo: e2m2-318.zip
Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZgF06eBBzM

Finally got under 3m20 on this map! That was a solid run. I followed the route of [Vile, 2013] almost entirely. The only small change was trying to hit a few more shotgun blasts when moving in-between areas, and after getting to the secret containing the backpack, I finished the last imp with the shotgun to save cells for later.

Edit: Sorry! Incorrect text. This is actually for E2M2.

Edited by Coincident

Ultimate Doom E2M1 in 40

Port used: Crispy Doom

Demo: kovic_e2m1-40.zip

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXyPH0J4BD8

I was inspired to attempt to run something in Doom by a couple of content creators on YT (you probably know which ones), decided to try E2M1. I got 41 in about ten minutes and then spent three more hours grinding 40. It might be bias but for now I think that running Doom is much harder for me than bunnyhopping in Source games (which is what I usually play and run).

I hope I read all the rules correctly and that the demo works fine.

Ultimate Doom E1M1 pacifist in 9.77 

Realised I never tried this meme and oof, it is tougher than I thought.
e1m1p977.zip

doom2m2m-155.zip

Here is my first ever public demo, and I won't lie it took courage to post this.  I decided to go with something from the original IWADs just to get practice and figured it would work well as a first demo.  Just wanting to practice my skills and track my own progress but of course pointers are welcome!

For this particular run I was happy to get below a 2:00 time as I typically got stuck around 2:10ish.  I enjoy compact maps but also like a nice aesthetic in them where it can be found and this map tickles that a bit despite being original and thus a bit more basic looking.  Some of the issues I bumped into was the cramped spaces can make movement tricky for me as I will bump into walls killing momentum, and of course working on not over-turning to line up shots.  That said I enjoy the UV Max format and will probably continue that format in my future runs.

Next run will probably be something from a more recent .WAD and if there is anything or any maps that are similar to more compact maps like those found in Scythe please feel free to give me suggestions!

35 minutes ago, Eric Claus said:

doom2m2m-155.zip

Here is my first ever public demo, and I won't lie it took courage to post this.  I decided to go with something from the original IWADs just to get practice and figured it would work well as a first demo.  Just wanting to practice my skills and track my own progress but of course pointers are welcome!

For this particular run I was happy to get below a 2:00 time as I typically got stuck around 2:10ish.  I enjoy compact maps but also like a nice aesthetic in them where it can be found and this map tickles that a bit despite being original and thus a bit more basic looking.  Some of the issues I bumped into was the cramped spaces can make movement tricky for me as I will bump into walls killing momentum, and of course working on not over-turning to line up shots.  That said I enjoy the UV Max format and will probably continue that format in my future runs.

Next run will probably be something from a more recent .WAD and if there is anything or any maps that are similar to more compact maps like those found in Scythe please feel free to give me suggestions!

Welcome! Nice demo!

I hope you enjoy your stay on this community. Good luck!

54 minutes ago, Alaux said:

Welcome! Nice demo!

I hope you enjoy your stay on this community. Good luck!

Thanks for the welcome! Happy to be here.

On 4/22/2020 at 7:22 PM, Eric Claus said:

doom2m2m-155.zip

Doom 2 Map 2 UV MAX 1:55

I realize I didn't head the post properly before my apologies.

Posted (edited)

Czechbox Map 1 UVMAX (1:00.29)

czechboxm1m-1.zipczechboxm1m-1.zip

Love what I am seeing with this WAD so far, still working on map 2 and going through the wad.  This run is nice and quick like you would get in many map 1 style runs with cramped shotgun action, and tricky turns.  The secrets were interesting to find and the backpack one requires some backtracking to get as you have to go into the red key room first.  I hope to get a sub 1 minute time eventually but I am proud of this run.

If you don't know about the .wad here is a link to the post, nice visuals and seems a bit scythe like...

Also as a side note please let me know if there is anything wrong with these demos that needs mentioning trying to make sure the settings and such are proper, and this is a new thing for me.

Edited by Eric Claus : Forgot the Czechbox thread link doh!

You don't need to delete anything, a mod can move it for you.