• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Personal Best Demo Thread ← POST YOUR NON-WRs HERE

On 7/20/2020 at 9:40 PM, Nirvana said:

Sl25 UV Max in 7:45

sl25-745.zip

I noticed that your screen is black before it shows the demo. Are you using OBS? If so, then just press the pause button before the demo starts playing, wait 1 second, and then start it. Hope this helps.

17 hours ago, Starduster said:

I noticed that your screen is black before it shows the demo. Are you using OBS? If so, then just press the pause button before the demo starts playing, wait 1 second, and then start it. Hope this helps.

This is actually made using prboom's in-built record function and the black screen isn't in the mkv that was uploaded to youtube originally, so I think youtube must have clipped the start off when I edited it for some reason. 

1 hour ago, Nirvana said:

This is actually made using prboom's in-built record function and the black screen isn't in the mkv that was uploaded to youtube originally, so I think youtube must have clipped the start off when I edited it for some reason. 

Oh. I don't use -viddump, but it seems to be something happening only on mobile. An awesome demo, though!

Posted (edited)

Newgothic Movement 1 map13 UV-Max in 31:19 (NOT FOR DSDA)

ng13-3119.zip

Slow as hell, unwatchable toward the end, I don't care, I'm just glad I did this without saves.

Trivial edit:

Spoiler

In the text file, I said that I had 2-key SR50 enabled by accident, which I assumed was the case because I was able to turn while doing what I thought was SR50. Several hours later, I realize this isn't actually true. My folders are a mess, and I have multiple instances of the same GLBoom+ 2.5.1.4 executable with slightly different settings. This one didn't have my usual key bindings for SR50 set up, so it's most likely that no SR50 actually occurs in this demo. I've edited the text file in the zip.

Edited by Pseudonaut

On 8/5/2020 at 4:53 PM, MeanGreenCowBean said:

Oh wait, messed up, nevermind, here is my new one, and submit it to leaderboards since nobody has done a run there

Doom 2 In Name Only - Map01 - Collector - Skill 4 - cndoom-2.0.3.2 - No Footage

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5pk507uo1h2m3ex/template_collectorinname.txt/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6q6g7zu07ww5p3f/collectorinname.lmp/file

Hello and welcome.

If you want your demos to be included in DSDA, please upload your demos directly to the forums, instead of using mediafire or other hosting websites.

19 hours ago, mutownik said:

e1m1 Ultimate Doom, 12 seconds done on Crispy doom

e1m1 demo.zip

Hello and welcome.

Please specify, in your .txt file, the version of the source port you are using.

For example:

port: Crispy Doom v5.8.0

Czechbox Map 08 UV Max in 8:10.17

Back after a long break I wanted to record Map 8 "Mountain Hideout" from Czechbox. This map is probably the best of this wad that I have played so far.  The action is immediate, the music is awesome, and while not the most difficult map in existence still provided a challenge for me.  The main difficulty in my opinion is in the initial fights. While my instinct is usually to take out the toughest mobs first I found it a better move to chaingun down the weaker enemies like the imps which are placed well to screw over any movement you can get in the maps tight spaces.  The action is constant and even in the later parts some strategic weapon use is key to not wasting time, and fortunately if you get the secrets and such you get plenty of ammo and the ability to tank well for the rest of the map.  Overall good map and very fun I may revisit it again in the future after some different maps and improvement.

czechboxm8m-810.zip

10 hours ago, Some Nerdy Noob said:

Ultimate Doom E1M1 UV-Speed in 10.43
e1m1-1043.zip

Hello and welcome.

Please specify, in your .txt file, the version of the source port you are using. For example: "port: Crispy Doom v5.8.0"

Description:  Bored one day I asked a good friend of mine what some of his favorite levels were from the original IWADs and he mentioned map 2 and 3 of Episode 1.  I decided to do a demo on Map 3 which was his most favorite to both do another classic map and just find another challenge for myself.  This run is fun but challenging and I am sure I am missing all sorts of things that would make it faster but I set a 4:30 time for myself and in the end the run that beat that time even passed my next planned threshold of 4:20!  I have heard it said the RNG with the shotgun as opposed to the SSG can be much more frustrating and I can see why in this run though the chaingun and the rocket launcher seems to alleviate that a bit.  Now that I have found a personal best I am happy with using just my own analysis I will probably watch some other of the UV Max demos on this run and pick up some tricks, and maybe even attempt a UV -Fast as well one day!

e1m3m-417.zip

Doom episodes

(I did a initial pause in episode 3 because I lose the sound when I open the shortcut with -record parameter in crispy doom 5.8.0 don't know why, when I pause the game the sound returns, so I did my other runs without sound or listening music. I'll try to fix it)

Episode 3 - 4:46 (4:55)

ep3-455.zip

video:

Spoiler

Episode 2 - 4:16 (5:08) - (file date changed because I downloaded it from my google drive (22 jul))

ep2-508.zip

video:

Spoiler

Episode 1 - 5:58 (6:52)

ep1-652.zip

video:

Spoiler