• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dew

Personal Best Demo Thread ← POST YOUR NON-WRs HERE

Chex Quest 1 in 4:10

cq-410.zip

I used the -skill 4 parameter and -complevel 3

(If any problem I will use another port, sorry)

Edited by kokrean

Ultimate Doom episode 1 UV-Speed in 10:37
This is my first ever attempt at speedrunning something, and I wanted to run Doom simply because I love the game! No idea if I'm doing the whole posting thing right, but yeah.

e1-1037.zip

Doom 2 Map 7 UV Max 1:34

Port: Crispy Doom 5.9.1

Description:  I have been experimenting between source ports to find which one I prefer for recording demos and lately Crispy has been starting to shine as compared to PrBoom+ as it seems the input/control just...feel better I am not sure why.  Unfortunately I did not include a levelstat file as a new update of Crispy is still in the works and the current implementation is bugged until then (thanks fabian for your work! Glad I was able to help find the bug).  Anyway about the run and the map itself.  What is there to say about Dead Simple other than it's a great map to cut to the chase and shoot some fatties and spider robots while holding down the fire button like a madman.  With Crispy I was able to get to this time consistently so I figured this is where I would benchmark myself for future runs.  As another aside, too bad these kind of special triggers wern't available for more maps I think it could have made for some interesting level design, but I am sure there were some limitations that are less of an issue today.

doom2m7m-134.zip

@RadicalMacaroni I have been running Doom for over a month now. I just joined Doomworld because I never had an email until yesterday and never bothered to create one until then.

8 minutes ago, Maxine said:

I have been running Doom for over a month now. I just joined Doomworld because I never had an email until yesterday and never bothered to create one until then.

How did you confirm your TikTok registration without an email though...

1 hour ago, dew said:

How did you confirm your TikTok registration without an email though...

Today in "answers nobody asked for": TikTok allows you to register using your phone number.

2 hours ago, Creeper2006 said:

Ultimate Doom E1M1 Hangar in 00:08.94

Several weeks ago you've posted a very obviously cheated 8.97 in your first forum post. Now you've improved over that with your second post and nothing inbetween. Why should we trust you?

On 9/23/2020 at 2:48 AM, Jupiterm0n0 said:

e3m150sec.zip

e3m1 in 00:55:26, UV-speed. Not good by any means ill be running this alot 

Hello and welcome to the forums.

There are some problems with your submission that need solving before it can be uploaded to DSDA:
 --> In your text file, please specify the full version of the source-port (ex: Crispy Doom v5.9.0)

If you want the demo to be in DSDA, please fix the problems and re-upload the .zip file in a new forum post

PS - For more info on how to record and submit demos, check out this thread:
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/116534-prboom-guide-usage-recording-demos-and-some-extra-info/

Ultimate Doom
E3M5 UV Max in 2:59.49 (record is 2:54.26 by NightTerror, 2020) 

Demo: e3m5-259.zip
Video: https://youtu.be/iW9FYovf_o0

100% RNG run. Reached the end with monsters stuck on doors. Reached the end with pinkies soft-locking the map and never getting out of the teleport traps. Reached the end with imps taking over 30 seconds to get out of the teleport traps. I don't even want to image what it'll be like playing this map during e3 runs.

12 hours ago, enekinz said:

Doom E2M1 UV Speed 0:40 PB

e2m1speedrunpb.zip

Hello an welcome to the forums.

There are some problems with your submission that need solving before it can be uploaded to DSDA:
 --> Please include a text file with the same name as your .zip & .lmp files, with details about your submission.
 --> Put all the files in the root of the zip, and not inside a folder.
 --> The .zip .txt. & .lmp files should all have the same name according to the community's naming conventions. Download an existing run from DSDA to see an example, or read about naming conventions here: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/107427-the-next-iteration-of-dsda/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-2050460

If you want the demo to be in DSDA, please fix the problems and re-upload the .zip file in a new forum post

PS - For more info on how to record demos, write text files and submit them, check out this thread:
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/116534-prboom-guide-usage-recording-demos-and-some-extra-info/

17 hours ago, One_Lemonade said:

E1M1 UVMax :36
e1_m1_uv_max.zip

Hello and welcome to the forums.

--> Please include a text file with the same name as your .zip & .lmp files, with details about your submission.
 --> The .zip .txt. & .lmp files should all have the same name according to the community's naming conventions. Download an existing run from DSDA to see an example, or read about naming conventions here: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/107427-the-next-iteration-of-dsda/?page=3&tab=comments#comment-2050460

PS - For more info on how to record demos, write text files and submit them, check out this thread: