• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alps

TAS Practice Runs

Plutonia Map17 3 player coop in 0:06.97

pl17bt697.zip

----------

mod: Split some low effort practice TASes into a separate thread.

Edited by dew

Plutonia Map15 4 player coop in 0:16.43

pl15bt1643.zip

EDIT: Forget this, I built a new 15.54

EDIT: Also forget 15.54 because I now have 14.97

Edited by alps

both were completely built using XDRE 2.06 (XDRE 2.20 mixed tics for no reason)

Doom 2 Map24 NoMo in 0:31.54

"I really hate those ledges." -Thomas "Panter" Pilger

I still remember azuboy copying Looper's tics except it took me less than 1min to get the wallrun so personally I think he sucks

lv24no3154.zip

Completely built using XDRE 2.20

It's a convention to put an x in the middle of your file names for tas runs to distinguish them (see the other entries in this thread). Could you do that for your future runs? No need to edit the old ones.

i understand kraflab, although let me remind you that i don't run normally so i don't think there's any need to specify that for me

3 minutes ago, alps said:

i understand kraflab, although let me remind you that i don't run normally so i don't think there's any need to specify that for me

It's not a question of distinguishing your TAS runs from your non-TAS runs, it's just a convention so when someone downloads your demo from DSDA and looks at the filename, it's obviously TAS. "bt" is also occasionally seen on DSDA, but primarily for older runs. Please try to stick to the established TAS naming convention

huh? I always thought bt was to specify tas co (tas cooperative).

8 minutes ago, alps said:

huh? I always thought bt was to specify tas co (tas cooperative).

bt stands for built, built runs used it sometimes used it in the past (anything made with LMPC, DRE, XDRE, etc.), but these days, x is the preferred convention. Co-operative is indicated by "c"

Plutonia Map15 4 player coop in 0:15.54

Strategy's essentially the same as in my effortless 16.43, just executed with faster manuevers and wallruns.

c15plxo1554.zip

EDIT: I have 14.97 now

Edited by alps

You can easily do much faster by wallrunning 2 players on each other.

Edit: and instead of using the old naming convention for coop (whatever that is) use something like pl15ocx1554, lvXXocxYYY (o=nomo,c=coop,x=tas where category goes first) etc. instead.

How to distinguish the amount of players in a co-op run? That's something that I've been confused about.

@Looper

i just have someone probably activating something while others go get stuff required if its fast enough, i've started building these in feb so can't say im very experienced at it hehe

and @ZeroMaster010 im doing these just because im actually trying to get better at tas, i know about buddyrunning although i haven't been able to get it to work yet, will try soon to do that trick for 14 or whatever.

Doom Episode 4 map 1 (E4M1) No monsters in 0:13.63

Really thought this was only possible in UV after seeing jongo's enemy boosts and stuff, proved myself wrong this time.

e4m1xo1363.zip

EDIT: Removed because the run's now complete.

Edited by alps

Doom Episode 4 No monsters in 1:14 (E4M1-E4M5 obviously)

E4M4 glide is from cack_handed's E4M4 34 sec.

E4M4 glide setup + instant glide for 25 sec was done by SWDude, special thanks to him for that.

e4xo114.zip

EDIT: Video 

And yes I'm using custom music.

EDIT: All of my TASes have been moved into this practice thread, although this is a serious one so it shouldn't be here, please move it back to the original thread.

Edited by alps

2 hours ago, RadicalMacaroni said:

I decided to participate in the E1M4 meme with a TAS, also using turbo + nomonsters

t1x4o823.zip

E1M4 NoMo -Turbo 255 in 7.97

t1x4o797.zip

6 hours ago, alps said:

Excuse me RadicalMacaroni, 8.23 was too easy to beat, this took like 0 effort to make.

I mean I never said 8.23 was hard to beat or that I put effort into mine, but alright then

11 hours ago, RadicalMacaroni said:

I mean I never said 8.23 was hard to beat or that I put effort into mine, but alright then

i also put no effort into mine and its 7.97 hehe

Doom 2 Map 2 NoMo in 13.94

I know Looper has 11 seconds here on NoMo (22no0804) but he's better than me by a factor of 99 so I guess this is something good for a guy with my experience.

lv02xo1394.zip