Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
spd7693

Dilemma: Start a new map or finish what you started?

Disclaimer: I don't know if this is the correct forum to start this topic in. If it feels like that, the mods and admins are free to move it. 

Well... I must stop being a noob, obviously. I'm working on my map 30 as this entire site knows for a while. I asked such a number of questions. And in the meantime something happened. 

The map is making me a bit tired and with college eating my free time I don't know how much time I'll need for it. At first I was trying to make something like map 23 of Requiem. Then it turned into some sort of a city scape map. Or something between them. I still haven't run out of ideas how to make it, but they require a lot of work and thinking. In the end the final product is also not easy to test and may take a lot of time to complete. 

In the meantime ideas of other maps have emerged on the surface of my mind. And of course, my head is one big mess I have to sort out. I want to do something. I want to create another map as well. But shouldn't I finish the one I have started first? This is the question. I know this is a noob question, but what is better? Start a new map or keep on working on the old? 

For now I take a step at a time and I look at the first map, design something, then leave it for the next day. And until finished. And my mind stops unitl I somehow push it. But if I want to go on, I must work more seriously. Which means I want a map as soon as possible. Maybe I'm putting too much pressure to myself, but I feel like I should have a map ready soon.