Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dewmguy

System requirements released

Interesting how my post about "assume we don't have all the facts" was completely ignored. All I can say is I tried, I guess. 

I believe you...

I guess people are just overreacting, without a second thought.

Im just crossing fingers that by the time the specs get updated, my pc will be able to run it

I didn't ignore that post, but even so, I don't think the final requirements are gonna be that different. The biggest surprise that can happen is a change in the GPU requirement, but I'm not expecting it to go below a GTX 1070 tbh. Looking forward to being proven wrong though.

Edited by seed : GRAMMAR, DO YOU SPEAK IT SEED.

24 minutes ago, seed said:

I don't the final requirements are gonna be that different.

Don't be so sure. The console ports (including base PS4 and XB1) are still 60FPS. Remember, the base consoles only provided 5GB shared RAM. 

Dynamic resolution is also available on PC like it was in WolfTNC and Youngblood. As well a means to view VRAM usage (in the settings?). 

Hm, alright then, I suppose GTX 1080 was maybe not accurate then. Because it did look extremely overkill if true.

I wonder what the real requirement will be then.

Why would recommended specs have twice the RAM? Does graphics settings have something to do with it?

I've seen Doom 2016 run on absolutely barebones GPU specs, really low-end. That's bound to take less RAM, for both CPU and GPU, so surely my GTX 960 will be sufficient? Doom 2016 looks good on it, so I don't see why not.

19 minutes ago, Foebane72 said:

Why would recommended specs have twice the RAM? Does graphics settings have something to do with it?

Yes. To stream textures to a GPU on PC, you typically require a duplicate copy in system RAM first. Also if you are using buffer objects, you require the object to exist in both pools of RAM persistently. This is not an issue on consoles as the RAM is physically shared between CPU and GPU.

With my current PC I can run the game at 4k ultra settings and get about 130-150 fps.  I hope ill get close to the same with Doom Eternal.

6 minutes ago, DMPhobos said:

System requirements are up now

https://bethesda.net/en/article/5Wx9QeorMSfMZCwLg6VpoS/doom-eternal-launch-details

Looks like my 1050 still isn't gonna cut it :(

I have an i5 3570 (3.4Ghz), 16GB RAM, and a Radeon RX 580. So looks like I'll fit in a bit above the minimum requirements. A little disappointing given how well the original totally flies on this system. Of course, who knows how amazing Eternal's "Low" might look.

These requirements are definitely Bethesda having faith that Doom can sell upgrades. And I don't think they're wrong.

Hm, so 1080p on High requires an i7 and GTX 1060 6GB now. Well, that's much better than what was originally shown.

But the game is still completely melting PCs above 1080p - GTX 1080 for 1440p and GTX 2080Ti coupled with an i9 at 2160p. DE is brutal when maxed out, holy crap. I don't think even Crysis 3 was this brutal for its time.

The RAM requirement is consistent across the board though, 8GB for all configurations except for 2160p which needs 16. Can't say any of these surprises me, after the original post and after D64's supposedly highly inaccurate requirements.

6 minutes ago, seed said:

Hm, so 1080p on High requires an i7 and GTX 1060 6GB now. Well, that's much better than what was originally shown.

But the game is still completely melting PCs above 1080p - GTX 1080 for 1440p and GTX 2080Ti coupled with an i9 at 2160p. DE is brutal when maxed out, holy crap. I don't think even Crysis 3 was this brutal for its time.

The RAM requirement is consistent across the board though, 8GB for all configurations except for 2160p which needs 16. Can't say any of these surprises me, after the original post and after D64's supposedly highly inaccurate requirements.

The 2080Ti is for Ultra-Nightmare settings, to be fair, which is 2-3 levels above High.

1 minute ago, Novaseer said:

The 2080Ti is for Ultra-Nightmare settings, to be fair, which is 2-3 levels above High.

I know, and even so, it's still brutal. Good thing I'm fed up with this PC bullshit, can't wait to eventually buy a console and never, ever have to worry about these things again.

Windows 10

GTX 1080

i5-8600K 6 core 3.6 GHz

16 GB RAM

Will I be able to run the game above high on 1080p 60fps+?

41 minutes ago, seed said:

Remeber that DE it's promotionated to have RayTraicing, and i trink only the 2080 can have RayTraicers, so that why it's needed.

Also D64 and DE steam page may not be on review by the same teams.

Edited by jamondemarnatural

55 minutes ago, seed said:

I know, and even so, it's still brutal. Good thing I'm fed up with this PC bullshit, can't wait to eventually buy a console and never, ever have to worry about these things again.

I've never been able to afford any of those fancy-pants GeForce Ti cards. That hasn't stopped me from enjoying PC gaming.

Well I hope I can run 4k with my RTX 2080.  It isn't as poweful as the TI type.

4 minutes ago, NoXion said:

I've never been able to afford any of those fancy-pants GeForce Ti cards. That hasn't stopped me from enjoying PC gaming.

It did with me fo' sure.

Sick to death of watching let's plays of any game that I might be interested in, but will never be able to run. Enough means enough. Fuck PC gaming.

1 minute ago, seed said:

It did with me fo' sure.

Why? Given the graphics advances that have been steadily happening, even stuff on lower settings can look better than older stuff on higher settings. And if fancy graphics are such a deal breaker for you, then why are you hankering after consoles, which are objectively worse in that department?

1 minute ago, NoXion said:

Why? Given the graphics advances that have been steadily happening, even stuff on lower settings can look better than older stuff on higher settings. And if fancy graphics are such a deal breaker for you, then why are you hankering after consoles, which are objectively worse in that department?

No system requirements, that simple dear friend.

And I'd rather play old games than dowgrade settings to the lowest possible to have it look like utter shit and still not run well.

oh god I barely hit the minimum specs, although I'm still not sure about my i5-3470 3.2Ghz. I think I'll wait for the demo to see how it performs.

On 3/7/2020 at 12:03 AM, HavoX said:

welp. my GTX 960 isn't going to cut it

oh well, I wasn't planning to play it anyway

I have a 960 as well, but I'm hopeful

my question is how is my ryzen 5 3600x and rtx 2070 super with 32gb of ram gonna perform? i hope i will be able to do 1440p at 144fps. i just built the damn thing for this game and holy crap these requirements are bonkers.

5 minutes ago, skepticalbiscuit said:

my question is how is my ryzen 5 3600x and rtx 2070 super with 32gb of ram gonna perform? i hope i will be able to do 1440p at 144fps. i just built the damn thing for this game and holy crap these requirements are bonkers.

On high/ultra you'll probably manage it. If you're intending running on ultra-nightmare settings you'll need an upgrade.

My current PC (less than a year old) certainly doesn't match those specs, even for minimum. I think my i3-8100 is too slow, although Doom 2016 runs fine on it, the GTX 960 is too underpowered, and 8Gb is certainly on the tentative side.

Although I do think that 1080p gaming is MORE than enough for anyone, same for Blu-ray movies and streaming - why anyone would want to go higher is beyond me.

Then again, considering that I once had Doom 2016 running on UHD 630 graphics at 960x540, with some slowdown but still playable, then I fail to see why I couldn't do the same thing with my GTX 960, with just 2Gb VRAM and 8Gb RAM. I guess I'll have to download the eventual demo to find out.

33 minutes ago, Foebane72 said:

why anyone would want to go higher is beyond me.

I mean I thought same but once I made the switch to 1440, I can't go back, 1080p is just too blurry and jagged for me now.