Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Archaeo

Doom upgrade or Zdoom?

I have an older version of ultimate doom and I’m using it with Zdoom v1.23. My question is: Should I upgrade my ultimate doom or does Zdoom take care of this already?

Is there any reason to upgrade my doom.exe if I’m using Zdoom. I think I don’t make sense to often. Maybee I should proof read first. :)

well my ultimate doom was 1.9 straight from the cd. so i'd say no. but i think that the dooms need to be 1.9 to work with any of the ports.

Zdoom doesn't care what version your DOOM executable is, but the WAD should be v1.9. Your question, though, is meaningless, as The Ultimate DOOM has but one (v1.9) version. Unless, of course, you have an older version of DOOM (not ultimate.) If so, v1.9 should work fine, but you would be missing out the 4th episode. Any older version should definitely be upgraded.

Archaeo said:

Is there any reason to upgrade my doom.exe if I’m using Zdoom. I think I don’t make sense to often. Maybee I should proof read first. :)

Haha, there are some basic things you don't understand. Using zdoom, you are using the zdoom.exe, NOT the doom.exe. Zdoom is the "executable" (.exe) program which can play a number of wad files, including doom, doom2, plutonia, heretic, etc. There are other executables (doom ports) I'm sure you know, like Legacy...

Biffy said:

Haha, there are some basic things you don't understand. Using zdoom, you are using the zdoom.exe, NOT the doom.exe. Zdoom is the "executable" (.exe) program which can play a number of wad files, including doom, doom2, plutonia, heretic, etc. There are other executables (doom ports) I'm sure you know, like Legacy...

Or the big E... :P

Archaeo said:

Uh, Ultimate Doom is the latest version (1.9) and therefore, your IWAD (doom.wad I guess) is 1.9 as well.