Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
D4NUK1

Personalize Your DOOM Slayer

man oh man that unicorn skin really fixes my wagon because dewm is a super-serious game about flying killer tomatoes and giant pink goatmen and I demand that my super-serious game about killing demons be super grimdark and I demand that my demands be taken seriously /s

But seriously, it really just looks like id taking the piss and adding in at least one silly skin just because they can for shits and giggles; it’s honestly no different from something like Doot Revenant or Hipster Archvile.

Honestly, I look forward to the day that more silly skins are introduced, like the Slayer wearing nothing but bunny ears and a leotard (because he’s still super-manly no matter what).

As for the other skins, it’s nice to see some variety with what you can get to choose throughout the game (and yes, the 2016 Praetor suit can be seen). Also, I second that “Doomguy sprite as suit” skin idea. 

15 hours ago, Novaseer said:

can't wait for foebane or someone to rant about how the unicorn skin is making the game too kid-friendly and not violent and terrifying like classic Doom

Do people actually complain about stuff like that? Have they played the original games? Even 2016 was pretty cartoony in its own respect.

7 hours ago, Man of Doom said:

Also, I second that “Doomguy sprite as suit” skin idea. 

I don't, because they'd forget about aspect ratio correction again.

15 minutes ago, Michniko said:

Do people actually complain about stuff like that? Have they played the original games? Even 2016 was pretty cartoony in its own respect.

...let's just say that there have been some...curious discussions the last month and a half. 

They'll probably add some Nintendo-themed skin like a Metroid suit for their switch release, wouldn't be surprised if they bundle some of them with DLCs like they did with 2016's mp armor sets. They can be skipped and the game is playable without them.

Edited by sluggard

This is a tragedy.

I mean unicorn skin. That's a fucking disrespect in my eyes. 

also:

16 hours ago, Man of Doom said:

t’s honestly no different from something like Doot Revenant or Hipster Archvile.

I disagree. While Doot Revenant and HipstAH Archvile look quite fitting that unicorn disaster looks like shit. and IT IS SHIT. Try to change my mind tho, I'd welcome it but know that I will not change my mind at all.

Edited by Wereknight

7 hours ago, sluggard said:

They'll probably add some Nintendo-themed skin like a Metroid suit for their switch release, wouldn't be surprised if they bundle some of them with DLCs like they did with 2016's mp armor sets. They can be skipped and the game is playable without them.

I'd love to see the Slayer Odyssey style, where Mario's cap and Moustache is on him.

45 minutes ago, Wereknight said:

I disagree. While Doot Revenant and HipstAH Archvile look quite fitting that unicorn disaster looks like shit. and IT IS SHIT. Try to change my mind tho, I'd welcome it but know that I will not change my mind at all.

Is it something worth getting upset about though? Also "looking like shit" is subjective. I am sure there will be folks out there who enjoy it.

48 minutes ago, Wereknight said:

This is a tragedy.

also:

I don't see a major problem with this skin, not only is your opinion heavily subjective and brings the assumption that you HAVE to use it, it also is a skin that is likely to be never used anyway in the future. Reason I say this is because it is only given through Twitch Prime, which uses fairly limited rewards once registering. 

Granted I will end up getting the skin thanks to Twitch Prime and using it once or twice for troll purposes but I think that is the whole point of the skin. It would be an even bigger travesty if it was considered a skin you had to buy directly (technically, you pay for Twitch Prime, but you get way more out of it that isn't just the skin, so it's more like a bonus).

3 hours ago, Wereknight said:

This is a tragedy.

also:

You won't get any argument from me about how hideous that unicorn skin is. It's an eyesore.

I just don't think that it detracts from the rest of the game in any meaningful way. I doubt that many players are going to be wearing it much to be honest.

Edited by NoXion : I fucking hate touchscreen interfaces lol

Although most people seem to be glad to have more skins, some of the complaints I see on YouTube are that this makes the game “too silly” and that skins “aren’t Doom”.

When I see complaints like that I instantly recall some of my first online deathmatches in 2001, seeing people run around as cowboys, stormtroopers, Dr Who and Mario.. For me, absurd skins have been a part of the experience for a long time, so having them officially integrated is just the next logical step!

(you ain’t never gonna see me as a pink unicorn, but the point still stands)

41 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

you ain’t never gonna see me as a pink unicorn

We'd not mind though :D :D

42 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

absurd skins have been a part of the experience for a long time, so having them officially integrated is just the next logical step!

Fine with these too, as long they don't go Bethesda / EA on them

1 hour ago, Doomkid said:

Oh god I still have loads of these downloaded from servers on my hl installation, Batman, Spiderman and all sorts of weird anime, furry and meme models lol.

stormtroopers

I think this was more than just a Doom thing, back when I was still playing HL2 Deathmatch a lot of servers that allowed skins had this. Can't say I blame them :p .

Ydgj.gif

During my days playing Sven Co-Op, I was frequently accompanied on my missions by Homer Simpson, Solid Snake, random anime characters I don't know, ninja pirate zombie robots, all sorts.

I threw a lot of money into the marketing hype ultimate edition, do I get special skins? 

3 minutes ago, Chezza said:

I threw a lot of money into the marketing hype ultimate edition, do I get special skins? 

Just the Demon Slayer & the Duke 3D😉skins. 

I expect to see you as a pink unicorn racking up frags! I know you won’t let me down.

Besides, that unicorn skin is a perfect excuse to have this as your theme/entry song:

The marauder skin is badass! I wonder if I can change the helmets, because it'd be perfect with the doomslayer scifi helmet! It's kinda similar to the Ranger skin I use in Quake Champions!

On 3/11/2020 at 12:02 AM, Man of Doom said:

But seriously, it really just looks like id taking the piss and adding in at least one silly skin just because they can for shits and giggles

Or they just jumped the bandwagon that is that recent unicorn thing...

3 minutes ago, Tetzlaff said:

Or they just jumped the bandwagon that is that recent unicorn thing...

I am out of the loop. Why are unicorns now "a thing"?

I don't know. My 13 yo students adapted it from somewhere. Maybe it evolved from the brony thing?

Silly skins are cool and all but how come a unicorn and not some silly over the top bunny skin?

3 hours ago, Tetzlaff said:

I don't know. My 13 yo students adapted it from somewhere. Maybe it evolved from the brony thing?

I gotta admit...I too have no idea what any "unicorn thing" is. Aside from unicorns having always been a bit of a weird cheeky thing. I mean, they've featured in this kind of joke for ages, so..*shrug*

8 hours ago, The Civ said:

Silly skins are cool and all but how come a unicorn and not some silly over the top bunny skin?

Maybe we'll get one for Easter.

6 hours ago, Foebane72 said:

Fuck you, Novaseer! How dare you invoke my name to get yourself a high number of likes! No-one likes being talked about behind their back, and I'm no exception.

And of course it makes it look kid-friendly, as it makes it look utterly goofy and stoopid.

I don't care about the likes, and I wasn't exactly talking behind your back considering that this is a public forum. I was simply predicting the future.

And apparently my prediction was correct.