Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wilke

Collectors Edition Unboxing

What's going on, how did this Italian get his Doom so early? That should be me unboxing Doom munching on pasta.

I wonder when someone will make clean/proper scans on the lore book.

Also, weapon sprites for that Plasma rifle.

On 3/12/2020 at 9:32 PM, thewormofautumn said:

What’s all that other stuff in the beginning? T-shirts and plasma rifle and what not? I didn’t see that in the pre order 

Its promo gear. Not sure who all gained access to that. 

It seems that countries heavily affected by coronavirus are recieving their copies of doom early. I like to think this is a kind gesture on Bethesda's/ids part, but I'm mad jealous regardless, especially since I'm working long hours the first two days of release :(

On 3/13/2020 at 3:18 AM, Chezza said:

What's going on, how did this Italian get his Doom so early? That should be me unboxing Doom munching on pasta.

Tom's Hardware is a pretty well-known site about technology and hardware-related stuff, (duh) and Bethesda probably wants game being promoted to fellow Italians.

1 hour ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Tom's Hardware is a pretty well-known site about technology and hardware-related stuff,

So, he's Italian LGR, I guess.

In case anyone has these items already, does the "lore" book show any art or details that aren't in the game's codex entries?

Just wondering.

I feel like if id ever does a special edition of Eternal with every DLC and addon in it, stuff like music player for the games' soundtrack and digital galleries for concept art should be considered to digitally preserved material.

On 3/15/2020 at 10:40 PM, GrindTheEnemy87 said:

Its promo gear. Not sure who all gained access to that. 

It seems that countries heavily affected by coronavirus are recieving their copies of doom early. I like to think this is a kind gesture on Bethesda's/ids part, but I'm mad jealous regardless, especially since I'm working long hours the first two days of release :(

They had the inflatable guns at last year's Quakecon (or Doomcon as it was called).

1 hour ago, Knee Deep In The Fan said:

They had the inflatable guns at last year's Quakecon (or Doomcon as it was called).

Honestly, they should just call it "idCon" at this point.

So I got my collectors edition today and its fantastic, truly awesome. Now, the helmet is great but I'm intrigued by the audio tape. It has my soundtrack download codes on it but the tape itself has actual tape inside it. 

Is there anything on it? or is it just for effect? I have no tape deck to try it out.

Anyone know? 

Edited by Eurisko

25 minutes ago, Eurisko said:

The tape also has the soundtrack on it. But, they probably knew that most people did have a player for the tape, so they gave out a digital version of it along side the tape. But yep, the tape's got the soundtrack on it

1 hour ago, Wilke said:

Are you sure? I grew up in the 90's with audio tapes, and I know a full album has more tape than what's in this one. 

EDIT:

Just watched an unboxing and they placed it in a tape deck, It does indeed have the soundtrack on the tape. 

Edited by Eurisko