Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Morpheus666

Going Offline for the Virus

I'm sure everyone here is well aware of the crisis we are currently facing, (No i am not talking about the Corona-virus pandemic)

What i am referring to is the fact that everyone is going absolutely insane over it, I saw some dude at a store literally sweep his hand across the shelf and dump like 20 bottles of disinfectant wipes into his cart, A mother frantically loading 5 cartons of milk into there truck, People wearing Latex gloves and Blue medical Masks.

This epidemic has even crept deep into the roots of the Internet as well, Meme's and jokes have been thrown around in the past but are now hit with harsh criticism.(which that's okay i understand that.) I currently live in a place where the disease has not touched yet but from pictures and videos you could have sworn we were at the epicenter of it. Also the Media has been bombarded with "updates" you can't go anywhere online and not have some discussion with it (And yes i know that this seems highly hypocritical) So what i plan on doing is disconnecting from the internet for 3 reasons and with 2 main rules:

Reasons:

1. I'm fed up with having to see it plastered everywhere

2. It pains me to see so many discussions with people freaking out

3. Reasoning with people is pointless as they believe everything the news tells them.

Rules:

1. I will occasionally keep up to date with YouTube News on it

2. I will try my best to help people if possible

Yes it may seem contradicting to watch the news if i don't want to see it but for obvious reasons i can't just disconnect from the situation but i need to put my mind to rest as it's causing nothing but chaos to the country and needs to stop. Panic is a tool that has been around for generations, when you invoke panic people begin doing insane things and before you know it there are people in the street rioting and going absolutely nuts, In times of Crisis the best form is to be united and to try to work together to meet a goal that will potentially fix the problem, But the way things are going now it doesn't seem like that is what the government wants my people to do.

It seems we really do live in the land of confusion...

Its silly, disinfectant hand gel does very little, as do wipes and simple mouth caps. Common sense is a far better remedy than kneejerking your way through the grocery store.

Not to mention how impractical that would be.

You know.

Kneejerking your way through a grocery store.

6 hours ago, The Icon of Sin said:

These men of steel these men of power are losing control by the hour.

There's too many men. Too many people making too many problems, and there's not much love to go around.

I wasn’t worried about it, until recently when a certain cretin said “listen, this virus is nothin, we’re approaching zero infections, we’re dealing with it bigly, gonna be fine in a few minutes heah. I know viruses. Believe me. Nobody knows viruses bettah than me.” Then I realised it was worth worrying about because it was broadcast from fantasy land, where every day is Opposite Day.

If they tell you to worry, remain calm. If they tell you to remain calm, that’s cause to worry.

I still think the people sweeping armfuls of disinfectant wipes into their shopping carts are idiots, though.

I work maintenance in a high school and people are so crazed that they've stolen practically all of the sanitizer and cleaning wipes from our supply room. It's gotten so bad that we had to change the locks on our door and they've "shut the school down" and have us coming in to disinfect the entire building. If this was such a concern to the point of shutting the building down to prevent anyone from coming in and possibly spreading it somehow then what makes some people (us) so immune to catching and spreading it amongst each other and contaminating the building? This whole thing is starting to make no sense to me.

54 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

listen, this virus is nothin

Yep, that's the problem. You don't need to overreact and panic about things, but you still need to treat things in a correct attitude. We do need to focus on personal cleaning and try to interact people less often or whatever helps, but if you think right now is nothing, I don't know what to say about this then.

I overheard a lady saying today that her son went to the store yesterday and got the last 2 packs of toilet paper off the shelf. At some point afterwards, while he was looking away a lady tried to reach in his cart and take the toilet paper he had grabbed.

So it's come to that, huh? Who knew toilet paper would be the downfall of society.

1 hour ago, Doomkid said:

I still think the people sweeping armfuls of disinfectant wipes into their shopping carts are idiots, though.

Mass hysteria has been the fall of a many societies, and if things don't improve people are going to snap:

(Also i heard that Suicide rates have quadrupled since the virus's first major case in America, (Don't quote me on this as it was just a rumor i heard)

It's kinda weird in a way, The Virus reminds me of V For Vendetta's Plot immensely.

you do what you have to do man nobody is judging anybody..and if they are.. fudge em! Just stay safe during this time... not just from the virus but from the crazy people :3

I wonder how many of us are going to look back to the past and face palm at the people at that time...

Personally I'm only stocking a small extra goods in case I catch the virus and can't go shopping for a few days due to high fever-like symptoms.

I have personally no experience with the coronal virus, but i do know that a little bit ago there were 2 confirmed cases in my city, so that's a bit worrying

4 minutes ago, Ichor said:

If this turns out to be a colossal April Fool's joke...

we won't be the one's who are laughing i believe. Yes my idea sounds dumb i'm well aware of it, but i think that if people would just sit back for a hot second they will realize the bullshit that the media is saying, Can no one think for themselves anymore?

It starts with YOU, (Yes i'm directly talking to whomever is reading this) You need to just be sanitary (which is why we got to this situation to begin with) and the whole thing will blow over with you unharmed, Panicking is a hella lot worst then the virus at this time, I encourage everyone who decides to take precautions to be rational and safe in these troubled times: God protect all of you. And i wish you the best of luck.

- Morpheus666 signing out.

Edited by Morpheus666

So had Trump had himself tested or not?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/13/politics/trump-test-coronavirus/index.html

This is a fact: Over the weekend, at Mar-a-Lago, President Donald Trump came into contact with a Brazilian press aide who was diagnosed Thursday with coronavirus.

Asked about the press aide's positive test on Thursday, Trump responded this way: "Let's put it this way, I'm not concerned, OK?"

and

"I don't think it's a big deal, I would do it, I don't feel any reason -- I feel extremely good," said Trump, adding he had "no symptoms, no anything."

Trump is a 73-year-old man who we KNOW has been exposed to the virus. People who have coronavirus can be asymptomatic for days or even weeks -- and by continuing to carry on your normal daily life, you run the risk of infecting lots and lots of people if you do, in fact, have the virus.

Geist: But generally speaking if I were standing next to someone who had been diagnosed with coronavirus should I isolate myself and find a test as well?

Fauci [Dr. Anthony Fauci, the head of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease]: Yes.

So, yeah. Fauci is doing his best to avoid saying the President needs to be tested while also saying, effectively, the President needs to be tested.

When you just lean a little back to had a wider view, and looks who is getting big financial incomes of this mass hysteria... Well you just have to laugh!

But don't take me seriously, i purchased a few desinfectant gel' cans and i don't believe in conspirancies theories

yeah, honestly, people need to stop panicking. it's just gonna make shit even worse, and getting super stressed out is gonna just hurt your overall health. that's not to say you shouldn't be worried and take precautions tho, cuz you should

3 hours ago, Doomkid said:

I wasn’t worried about it, until recently when a certain cretin said “listen, this virus is nothin, we’re approaching zero infections, we’re dealing with it bigly, gonna be fine in a few minutes heah. I know viruses. Believe me. Nobody knows viruses bettah than me.” Then I realised it was worth worrying about because it was broadcast from fantasy land, where every day is Opposite Day..

Well, the aforementioned cretin declared a state of emergency now and said it is cause for worry.  So I guess we can remain calm now?  Heh

Imho it's just social media's fault. Never before in history has the spread of an ordinary citizen's voice been so amplified, which is worrysome when this voice is not a voice of reason and spreads disinformation. It also does not help when seemingly "experts" can't seem to find a consensus on wether this is a worrysome disease or not.

Imho you have nothing to worry about if you behave like a normal human being during a viral outbreak. Avoid people, try to wash hands thoroughly and often and just wait till it passes. If everyone would behave like that, we wouldn't need lockdowns, school closings, food hoarding, etc.

Well, the aforementioned cretin declared a state of emergency now and said it is cause for worry.  So I guess we can remain calm now?  Heh

I love that. A bit over a week ago, there was no reason to worry, the 15 cases would be “down to zero” very soon, directly contradicting what the secretary of health and human services had said at the time.

Even in declaring a state of national emergency (two very big words) he refused to take personal responsibility for his own failures and his administration’s failures in preparing for this outbreak and being honest with the American people about the risk level. He’s even taking this as an opportunity to blame “da libs” for somehow impinging on his ability to deal with the virus, which is just another divisive lie based on nothing.

His golden solution to the to the economic trouble in the wake of this outbreak is to cut funding to Medicaid, Medicare and social security.

It’s almost like the president is a complete idiot who has no idea what he’s doing and perpetually lies about everything. Almost.

1 minute ago, Doomkid said:

It’s almost like the president is a complete idiot who has no idea what he’s doing and perpetually lies about everything. Almost.

perhaps... maybe... 

Though I do wonder if and when he'll get his shit together and start actually helping his own damn people; This is aggravating on many levels for me, as many others as well, I'm sure.

I don't get the TP obsession. This isn't explosive diarrhea going around. Or are people losing control of their bowels due to stress and mass hysteria?

53 minutes ago, Spectre01 said:

I don't get the TP obsession. This isn't explosive diarrhea going around. Or are people losing control of their bowels due to stress and mass hysteria?

from what i understand, there were rumors that wuhan was a center of toilet paper manufacturing. it's not true, but people will believe any sorta shit they read

8 hours ago, MrDeAD1313 said:

Just got back from a tp hunt. No luck. Why is toilet paper selling out?!

Because its Doomsday, after all. Its not that much of a thing here, but the US has its preppers. I imagine that some more hardcore conservatives see this is as the second coming or something.

3 hours ago, roadworx said:

from what i understand, there were rumors that wuhan was a center of toilet paper manufacturing. it's not true, but people will believe any sorta shit they read

Don't we just love social media and all the mis-information that gets spread by clueless individuals? Everyone thinks they are the next Plato and they lvl. 100 smart, when in reality, all they want is superficial recognition from said media.

Its a rather sadistic take on the influencer trend tbh.

15 hours ago, Doomkid said:

I love that. A bit over a week ago, there was no reason to worry, the 15 cases would be “down to zero” very soon, directly contradicting what the secretary of health and human services had said at the time.

Even in declaring a state of national emergency (two very big words) he refused to take personal responsibility for his own failures and his administration’s failures in preparing for this outbreak and being honest with the American people about the risk level. He’s even taking this as an opportunity to blame “da libs” for somehow impinging on his ability to deal with the virus, which is just another divisive lie based on nothing.

His golden solution to the to the economic trouble in the wake of this outbreak is to cut funding to Medicaid, Medicare and social security.

First of all the government are first to run when shit hits the fan.  The top health officials dropped the ball on this one, considering they decided long ago to produce all our medicine in China. 

Had Trump came out in the beginning and said this was a threat we'd have seen a vastly more panicked populace.  I'd imagine, you know, being the president he's been briefed on this daily since the start, actually all the way back when that professor at Harvard fled back to China with a handful of biological material (which also happens to be the epicenter of where political correctness started and also the same university China has flooded with cash—division from within anyone?).

My sister had a conference with the CDC yesterday at 2pm and there's a whole fuck load of information they're not telling the public, including how long it's been known this virus has been spreading within the USofA.

The president's job is to not induce panic.  At this moment in time panic will kill more people than that virus.  Now I'm not all for Trump or anything but he's the only president this country has had that has had to deal with mountains of complete BS EVERY month for no apparent reason other than a bunch of libtard democrats lost the election.  Frankly, he's probably the only jerkoff in that arena brazen enough to attempt something crazy, shutting down travel to Europe being the start that will tank a whole industry soon.  I don't know what jackass can actually believe anything the media is pushing these days, but you'd be better off getting legitimate information from independent journalists that are in the center if you want a more balanced view.

Edited by Flesh420

It's not the virus that scares me. Not at all, actually. Because even if I catch it, it'll be over and done like anything in a few days or week or so.

But what really scares me right now is people. Society is fucking whack. And everyone acting like this in public should be ashamed of themselves. I have a newborn, my first child, only a couple weeks old... I can't find any wipes or even toilet paper and diapers to clean him and just running on what's left from the baby shower gifts. Getting formula was even hectic. Sanitizer and soap to wash my hands when I clean him and hold him is all gone off shelves. And I don't need carts full of this shit, but simple roll or two like any day of the week... but nope. Because of hoarders.

And you could say "Well, Buckshot, that's you're fault for not being prepared", and I would be OK with that, but by the time we got out of the hospital late last week this had already started (he was in NICU for a week and we were there with him the whole time). So, by the time I had a chance, it was all gone. Luckily, the hospital staff gave us many things to take home, but still... it's reached levels of absurdity.

Edited by Buckshot

I totally understand, honestly. I would be lying if I said all of this corona virus stuff didn't at least slightly trigger my anxiety, but I try to keep a positive mentality about it all.

It's good to do some self-care in this regard. This kind of stress can't be good for your mental health, after all!