Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheV1perK1ller

NOVA III Demos [-complevel 9]

Map05 UV Tyson in 2:14

n305t214.zip

Technically it's also a UV Max since I think using Berserk is the quickest way to deal with everything.

I like how Scotty handles the map with a semi hidden switch that crushes everything out of reach, so you don't need to actually shoot anything. However, the map is somewhat annoying to have a good run. There's a crusher with 2 Barons, and they mostly won't get under the crusher to save you time.

Edited by GarrettChan

Map09 UV Max in 1:24

n309m124.zip

A rather short map. The whole route is planned around those 10 rockets. I think this is the most efficient way to use them, at least from my little brain ;P

@AndromedaThat's a nice think outside the palace ;P

Map11 UV Max in 8:28

n311m828.zip

This is not a good run, but I have a curse that whenever I posted here, I'll get a better time. I'm done with this.

This is a rather annoying map to run since the monster cages can be broken unless you clear the whole field first, and you have to pick up ammo bits here and there to get enough resource. Whenever somebody told me SSG is OP, I'll tell him/her play this map. You'll quickly feel boring for gunning down so much meat since there are so many unnecessary Barons in this map.

Edited by GarrettChan

10 minutes ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

I was actually recording this map last night. I managed a time of 6:52, but I lost the file. >_<

Well... I want to kill myself. What did you do? I can't see a way to do it, or you use all the later ammo to deal with earlier meats? Or you punched everything?

43 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

@AndromedaThat's a nice think outside the palace ;P

Map11 UV Max in 8:28

n311m828.zip

I was actually playing through a few random maps in this WAD, just to see if they were speedrunable. I beat this level on my first attempt. I agree with you that it's not very good. Waaaaaaaaaay too linear for my tastes.

20 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Well... I want to kill myself. What did you do? I can't see a way to do it, or you use all the later ammo to deal with earlier meats? Or you punched everything?

MAP11 UV-Max in 6:46.29 - n311-646.zip

I think my main time saver was the infighting between the Cyberdemon and Arachnotrons, though I did save killing previous monsters for later. Fortunately the level was fresh in my mind, so it didn't take long to get a replacement demo.

32 minutes ago, TheV1perK1ller said:

I think my main time saver was the infighting between the Cyberdemon and Arachnotrons, though I did save killing previous monsters for later. Fortunately the level was fresh in my mind, so it didn't take long to get a replacement demo.

Didn't think of the switch press there. I was like it's so annoying to get the infighting going on because of the movements of the Arachnotron.

Map01 UV Pacifist in 1:25

n301p125.zip

I stupidly alerted everything inside the Red Door. Otherwise I can get a few seconds off, but I wasn't lucky enough to have a second exit.

Edited by GarrettChan

Someone please tell me, how is it that when I know what I'm doing in a run I'm still somehow two seconds slower than my blind "personal best"? o_O I'm going insane here so have this so-called "personal best" run of my own map where I show the alternate route and an oversight...

MAP09 UV-Max in 1:10

n309m110.zip

6 hours ago, Xyzzy01 said:

Someone please tell me, how is it that when I know what I'm doing in a run I'm still somehow two seconds slower than my blind "personal best"? o_O I'm going insane here so have this so-called "personal best" run of my own map where I show the alternate route and an oversight...

Ah god... this is how you access that secret... I got so annoyed that the Arch-vile doesn't coop most of the time.

1 hour ago, GarrettChan said:

Ah god... this is how you access that secret... I got so annoyed that the Arch-vile doesn't coop most of the time.

That archvile was a thing for me, too. Lighting me up early so that by the time I loop around to get the chaingun I get blasted; standing in a place where it could not see me half the time; stalling around when I was ready to be launched, ugh it was terrible. And those damn torches, what was I thinking?!

Map01 UV-Max in 3:06 (someone beat this please!!!)

n301-306.zip

Spoiler

Oh, and for those wondering, that Chaingun miss was completely unintentional.

Edited by Poncho1

My second exit. Though certainly not optimised enough given the sheer difficulty and complexity of this level, I think I did decent enough. Up there as one of the best Doom maps I have ever played.

MAP25 UV-Max in 17:24 - n325-1724.zip

Edited by TheV1perK1ller : Faster attempt later in thread

On 3/19/2020 at 5:29 PM, TheV1perK1ller said:

MAP25 UV-Max in 17:24 - n325-1724.zip

Hey, that secret megasphere grab near the blue keycard switch was so brilliant. Really great stuff, well played! :D

On 3/31/2020 at 7:00 PM, antares031 said:

Hey, that secret megasphere grab near the blue keycard switch was so brilliant. Really great stuff, well played! :D

Thank you! I found out about that specific trick whilst I was practicing the NoMo demo. 

I have to say you did such a tremendous job with this maps design. After playing some of the harder, later maps of Struggle, this was very much something I expected. Excellent stuff! :)