Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Agentbromsnor

Parallel Doomensions - Quake 1 Styled Community Megawad

38 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

I'm pretty ashamed to say that i made nothing for my map yet, probably i'll do something in these days, maybe.

Sorry for the inconvenince!

Your fine! did you join the Discord Server we set up? it's the fastest way to ask questions, and work with the group better, And who knows? you might make a few friends as well!

9 minutes ago, Morpheus666 said:

Your fine! did you join the Discord Server we set up? it's the fastest way to ask questions, and work with the group better, And who knows? you might make a few friends as well!

Yes!

16 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Yes!

Thanks for getting in touch! We're very active with play-testing on the Discord server, so if you submit your map in the "play-testing" channel you'll be sure to get some feedback!

1 hour ago, Walter confetti said:

I'm pretty ashamed to say that i made nothing for my map yet, probably i'll do something in these days, maybe.

Sorry for the inconvenince!

Same here, unfortunately. :( Life and health has gotten in the way these past few months. I have been thinking about this project often though, and I want to get going on it very soon now that I'm beginning to feel better again. If I don't have anything to show soon I will consider dropping out.

3 minutes ago, Miss Bubbles said:

Same here, unfortunately. :( Life and health has gotten in the way these past few months. I have been thinking about this project often though, and I want to get going on it very soon now that I'm beginning to feel better again. If I don't have anything to show soon I will consider dropping out.

Take it easy, and don't beat yourself up over it! I explicitly didn't put a strict time limit on this project for a reason.

If you're on Discord already, please make sure you engage with people in the play-testing channel when your map nears completion. If you're not on the server yet, please send me a PM and I'll send you an invite link.

1 hour ago, Agentbromsnor said:

Take it easy, and don't beat yourself up over it! I explicitly didn't put a strict time limit on this project for a reason.

If you're on Discord already, please make sure you engage with people in the play-testing channel when your map nears completion. If you're not on the server yet, please send me a PM and I'll send you an invite link.

Thanks, I appreciate you understanding! I just don't want to drag things down if I'm not contributing. I am in the Discord, and will definitely engage with others if/when I get around to working on my map.

47 minutes ago, Miss Bubbles said:

Thanks, I appreciate you understanding! I just don't want to drag things down if I'm not contributing. I am in the Discord, and will definitely engage with others if/when I get around to working on my map.

Just to be clear: if you *do* decide to opt out, there's no hard feelings but please do mention this either in this topic or on Discord. Clarity really helps in that regard, I'm sure you understand.

6 hours ago, Agentbromsnor said:

Yes, absolutely! Keep an eye on this topic. I can also add you to our Discord if you'd like.

Sounds good, mate. Hit me up in a PM and I'll give you my Discord tag

5 hours ago, DukeOfDoom said:

@Agentbromsnor

Just like @Walter confetti, I haven't made anything for my map yet and currently I am busy with my university project and exams. I might have some free time to work on mapping though.

Take your time! i wish you the best of luck on your education, also the project doesn't have a deadline so there is no hurry.

@noisebloom mentioned that they're too busy to properly work on map20, which is completely understandable. Therefore, the map20 slot is now open to anyone who wants it. Just leave a message here and *pleeeeeease* make sure you join us on Discord for more efficient communication!

On 5/28/2020 at 11:40 PM, 4MaTC said:

@Agentbromsnor if i understand correctly, there is no slots left?

If you're still op for joining: noisebloom just bowed out of his map20 slot, so it's open for you to take it!

4 minutes ago, Agentbromsnor said:

If you're still op for joining: noisebloom just bowed out of his map20 slot, so it's open for you to take it!

I'll take it. Anything else, except it is medieval theme? Maybe some boss battle, since it is last map of second episode?

1 minute ago, 4MaTC said:

I'll take it. Anything else, except it is medieval theme? Maybe some boss battle, since it is last map of second episode?

We're only doing one boss battle, which is at the end of the mod (meaning, map30).

I'll send you a DM with a Discord invite.

Map16 by Egg Boy has been provided with a download link which I included in the OP.

Please play-test it for us if you're willing, and leave your thoughts below!

Hey, I've been meaning to make this post for awhile but I kept putting it off or forgetting, but anyhow: Sorry for fucking up with the texture pack and disappearing after being so enthusiastic when the project started. I put together a handful of textures from the expansions and was going to rename and categorize them, and then just... didn't? It's not a real excuse, but it just didn't happen, and then it turned into a sort of looming thing that I avoided, and then I basically just didn't think about it for awhile. I haven't been following this topic lately but it looks like it's doing well, which is good to see. Anyhow, sorry once again, and best wishes to everyone contributing.

Map20: The Slits Of Woe

Map Format: Boom

Ports Tested: GZDoom 4.4, 4.5; PRBoom+ 2.5.1.4

IWAD: Doom 2, pdqtex.wad

Map(s): MAP20

Music: pd_mus05_map20. thanks, @PRIMEVAL

Gameplay: Single player

Difficulty Settings: Yes

Multiplayer Placement: Just co-op starts, not balanced for multiplayer

Download

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200615_191608.jpg.8a359e0c685067bffb3c4cb43a9cc31b.jpgScreenshot_Doom_20200615_191647.jpg.dace1398bc501de70dab175f4c10eff7.jpgScreenshot_Doom_20200615_191722.jpg.f9a4fe6fddfae24684b66ace6bf3b488.jpg

Here's version with music (*.ogg) from @PRIMEVAL and MAPINFO

Download

BTW, here is a Austinado playthrough:

Spoiler

On 8/22/2020 at 8:36 AM, Austinado said:

MAP20 - THE SLITS OF WOE

BY @4MaTC

Post Forum

dojOWTR.jpg

We have no amateur here. This map can be quite challenging and bite your ass. We have a themed quake map that works very nicely with the custom monsters. I actually dont have much to say that i think that should be improved of flaws visible. The facts are...a good map with good challenge and nicely done. I did enjoyed it alot. Thanks for the request!

STARTS AT 2:27:14

You can follow me on Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/austinado_)

=====//=====

Edited by 4MaTC

On 5/11/2020 at 9:06 AM, Egg Boy said:

unknown.png
Sorry for double post, but I've just completed my map: Grungy Grotto. It is in the map16 slot and you must run it with the resource wad :)

Get it here!

EDIT: made some changes in the latest version, it should also run fine with the most recent version of the textures.

i tried playing this but the version of pdqtex_01 i have seem to be lacking the texture QAWF1_1 and I can not find a link for the laest release of the texture pack.

e1 - found the new tex pack!

Edited by NeedHealth

1 hour ago, iconofeggsafe666 said:

Man, what maps are left?

none, judging by the first post in this thread

1 hour ago, iconofeggsafe666 said:

Man, what maps are left?

I think no one would be disappointed if you make map for this CP, because in my opinion project moves slowly and we have 11 or so maps done out of 32

I'd like the private DC link again as I removed it wrongly long time ago from my servers list, and I tried to communicate it to someone, no response, my MAP28 is halfway done, and I took a break because of this.

Hello everybody! I hope nobody forgot about this project? :'D

It's still very much active, even though we're taking it slow as personal stuff has taken a bit of a toll on us.

With that said, dt mentioned they would like to take another map slot: MAP15 so that's now taken.

I find Quake's visuals to be a great match for Doom, so I definitely hope this project reaches completion!

Edited by Rudolph

1 minute ago, sincity2100 said:

Can I take Map7 and Map17 Slot?

Sorry, due to team changes, the OP post map listings have been rather outdated at this point. MAP07 is free to claim, but someone is already working on the 17th slot.

Please refer to this spreadsheet for more info on map listings.