Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
plums

Doomworld search not working?

I can't seem to search for things right now, and the user activity on most but not all profiles is blank. I don't see another post about this, I would seach for it, but...

I get this all the time when I'm digging a random member's profile or when I want to search for something on this site. Usually it's due to server/forum software issues (most likely) or my shitty internet connection.

It's just the forum working only when it wants to. Yesterday I was searching for something and the search function utterly refused to return any results.

I occasionally see no content on profiles as well, but I rarely visit profiles.

Yeah I've been having this problem recently as well. Also for me the status updates page is working intermittently lately.

I use this intensly. What happens on multi page results is sometimes page 24 can't be found, but 23 (out of 30) did.

This occurs often.

As of now, I never got any results when searching.

Profile activities also appear blank for me, even mine, not once I managed to get search going.

Although, probably my internet? I don't know but right now it's running bad at a speed of 100kb/s tops.

I've noticed this over the past 2 or 3 days, whenever I've tried to do a search, it comes back that no results can be found and to be more general with my search terms.

I don't think it's an internet-specific problem. I've had that happen at my computer at work (I just checked); I can do an internet speed test and have download speeds of 20 Mbps. It's probably something within the database structure or something like that on the server side, although I could be wrong. This isn't my area of expertise.

Ye, I think the search function has gone completely bonkers these days. I've been searching for things as simple as "soundfont" today and the damn thing never wants to return anything. Like, ever...

Strolling through your own content now returns a blank page. The same is true for any search term now.

Even the Doomworld Search now stays indoors.

If you know which subforum to search, I suggest going there and doing a search confined to "this forum."

If by some reason you want to check a member's recent posts, go to that member's activity (the button is on the upper right of the profile), and choose "topics" or "posts". That works for me.

2 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

If by some reason you want to check a member's recent posts, go to that member's activity (the button is on the upper right of the profile), and choose "topics" or "posts". That works for me.

It doesn't work for me too. :(

1 minute ago, InDOOMnesia said:

It doesn't work for me too. :(

Nah, I just used your profile as a quick experiment + my poor internet, and it works. 
I meant the button "topics" and/or "posts" under the "Forum" section of the "See their/your activity" button on the upper right of any person's profile.

1 minute ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Nah, I just used your profile as a quick experiment + my poor internet, and it works. 
I meant the button "topics" and/or "posts" under the "Forum" section of the "See their/your activity" button on the upper right of any person's profile.

Ah, silly me! It actually works.

The "Reveal Hidden Contents" wasn't hidden when the page loaded, like when your neighbor is nude in front of a window. It didn't hide itself until the page loaded a little more.

I have been experiencing similar issues for the last few days. I do want to bring up another issue, everytime I attempt to download a file from the Texas idgames mirror I get a URL not found error.

1 hour ago, Master O said:

As far as I can tell, search is still not working correctly.

I found a crude workaround:

• Go to someones profile (using you as example)
  • Click the Content tab. It will be empty.
  • There is a dropdown menu, Content Type.
  • In there, you can select either Posts or Topics. 
  • These two will search what a user has posted and work.

So, crude, but it works.

On 3/20/2020 at 7:26 PM, Vorpal said:

"Unread Content" has also been broken for a few days

I've got this too. I just thought things had been quiet for a week - I'm not subscribed to much.

5 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

I found a crude workaround:

• Go to someones profile (using you as example)
  • Click the Content tab. It will be empty.
  • There is a dropdown menu, Content Type.
  • In there, you can select either Posts or Topics. 
  • These two will search what a user has posted and work.

So, crude, but it works.

Another workaround is to go to google and type "site:doomworld.com <search term>"

It kinda works if you know what you are looking for.