Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
𝕲𝖗𝖊𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖌𝖊𝖗1

Doom mods that remaster the experience

I was wondering if there's a mod/PWAD orset of mods/PWADs out there that ...

* reskins the standard Doom2 weapons to Doom64 or Doom3 or Doom2016? Looking mostly for reskins and not really crazy alternate weapons. Alt-fire modes are fine though. I had dug around the Doom 4 Doom pk3 but I don't know where I might need to decouple stuff to work on its own from that mod. If you know how to do such a thing to help me achieve my goal, I would appreciate the help/howto.

* reskins the Doom2 monsters to Doom64 or Doom3 or Doom2016 monsters without altering the monster behavior too much?

* any texture packs that have a Doom3/Doom2016 feel?

Thanks.

Well, there is Doom 64 Retribution, it's one of the best ways to play Doom 64 nowadays and I know that there are some Doom 3 mods that bring "3d model like" sprites or sometimes even actual 3d models, at least for weapons, copied right from Doom 3, but to me they usually don't look good without all the brightness adjustments. And I think I saw some Doom 2016's weapons mods, I don't remember if they were models or sprites, or sort of a combination of both; I think the one I saw were like sprites inspired by the models and they looked really good!

2 hours ago, 𝕲𝖗𝖊𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖌𝖊𝖗1 said:

* reskins the standard Doom2 weapons to Doom64 or Doom3 or Doom2016? Looking mostly for reskins and not really crazy alternate weapons. Alt-fire modes are fine though. I had dug around the Doom 4 Doom pk3 but I don't know where I might need to decouple stuff to work on its own from that mod. If you know how to do such a thing to help me achieve my goal, I would appreciate the help/howto.

* reskins the Doom2 monsters to Doom64 or Doom3 or Doom2016 monsters without altering the monster behavior too much?

3 hours ago, 𝕲𝖗𝖊𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖌𝖊𝖗1 said:

I was wondering if there's a mod/PWAD orset of mods/PWADs out there that ...

Doom 64 weapon + monster replacements for ZDoom: d64stuffgz.pk3 https://www.wad-archive.com/wad/458fcc865d0fc5ca46573312aaf5c405

Doom 2016 mod for ZDoom: Doom 4 Vanilla (D4V) https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=66119

I've been seeing some sprites of Doom 3 weapons in 2D Doom (mostly the chaingun and flashlight) for years but i have no idea where they came from.

I wish there was a Doom 3 equivalent to D4V. D3 has, in my opinion, the best art style in the series. I'd make one myself... if I was good at anything other than typing on this here keyboard.

1 hour ago, Allard said:

I wish there was a Doom 3 equivalent to D4V. D3 has, in my opinion, the best art style in the series. I'd make one myself... if I was good at anything other than typing on this here keyboard.

I made one myself a year ago or so, emulating everything as authentic to the original as possible.

...It doesn't play well and I see no reason to continue.

8 hours ago, Allard said:

D3 has, in my opinion, the best art style in the series.

Fully agreed!

@TheNoobGamer: Doom 3 graphics with Doom 1 gameplay would be sweet.

There are some really great looking wads that use that Doom 3 texture pack. It would be cool to have monster sprites to go along with it.

8 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

I made one myself a year ago or so, emulating everything as authentic to the original as possible.

Just a graphics pack would be great.

On 3/20/2020 at 5:32 AM, doomsucksass said:

I've been seeing some sprites of Doom 3 weapons in 2D Doom (mostly the chaingun and flashlight) for years but i have no idea where they came from.

At various points I've seen weapon sprite wads for Doom3 weapons in Doom/Doom2.

And some Doom3 enemies sprited to fit in with Doom/Doom2.

But I've never seen a whole PWAD with everything put together.

Doom3 is one of the less popular games but it's still kind of surprising.

I think mod-wise, Doom3 -> Doom2 would require less effort than say 2016 or Eternal.

On 3/21/2020 at 4:20 PM, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Have you considered releasing it to the community? Some one might pick it up and make it work.

On 3/22/2020 at 3:25 AM, Tetzlaff said:

There are some really great looking wads that use that Doom 3 texture pack.

I have never heard or seen this! What wads use it? I'd love to play them.

8 hours ago, 𝕲𝖗𝖊𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖌𝖊𝖗1 said:

Have you considered releasing it to the community?

Unfortunately I deleted it due to hard drive issues. I may try tackling this again soon however.