Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomedout

Interesting New Preview of Doom 3

Hmm... Team Fortress for Doom 3. I just hope that if someone does create it, it doesn't end up like the one for Half-Life.

Ack, I hope someone makes an Aliens mod for Doom 3 instead of all that Special forces vs Terrorists bullshit.
Not to mention a Star Wars mod,
and a Quake 1/2 mod (just a mod set in the universe, not a mod rehashing the levels because that'd violate copyright),
and a Return to Castle Wolfenstein mod (see the brackets above).

If ID isn't gonna release an addon full of Earth-like levels, someone else has got to do it. I just can't wait to see a destroyed city full of rubble, burning houses and dead bodies in Doom III style. Yum.

Lüt said:

So are you.

"I'll have the boss ready next week" my ass.

So are you.

So the invitations were sent two weeks ago, right?

Zaldron said:

So are you.

So the invitations were sent two weeks ago, right?

No, one week ago and I was only 2 days late.

It's not my fault people don't respond.

I agree Disorder, ID should overlook such a project but they themselves should not be involved exclusively. It would be interesting to see the mod for doom3 set on entirely different atmosphere.

Ack, I hope someone makes an Aliens mod for Doom 3 instead of all that Special forces vs Terrorists bullshit.

You don't think that such an Aliens mod would escape being "foxed" do you? The Aliens mod for Doom only somehow escaped their attention, but virtually every single Aliens mod for non-Fox games has been shut down by them.

Wobbo said:

whoa! zaldron and Lut are back?

I thought you knew. They've been back for about a week or so now.

Not to mention a Star Wars mod

Unfortunately, both those projects would get killed instantly by the evil capitalist movie industry >:(

Sorry, Special forces vs Terrorists is all we have.

Fredrik said:

Unfortunately, both those projects would get killed instantly by the evil capitalist movie industry >:(

bah. I'd rather have nothing, then! :P

Fredrik said:

What about Vrack? :D

heh. You'd have to make it much more detailed, but bumpmapping helps, ofcourse.

Fredrik said:

What about Cops vs Gangs? :-P

Lüt said:

No, one week ago and I was only 2 days late.

It's not my fault people don't respond.

MORE MONKEYS.

Id like to see somone pull off a decent Starcraft Mod. Playing as a human or Protoss infiltrating a Zerg hive where anything could be crawling out of the walls or erupting from the ground. I can just imagine the beautifull real time rendered carnage that would crush the prerendered movies in starcraft.

Xzyl said:

Id like to see somone pull off a decent Starcraft Mod. Playing as a human or Protoss infiltrating a Zerg hive where anything could be crawling out of the walls or erupting from the ground. I can just imagine the beautifull real time rendered carnage that would crush the prerendered movies in starcraft.

Not a bad idea, but I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard got this shut down as well.

Xzyl said:

What about diablo?
Imagine real time rendered stuff that would replace the awesome cinematics of that game.

Actually, fredrik - I'm going to issue you a serious challenge, right now. Within twelve months of Doom III's release, I want Vrack (Doom 3 Edition). I want to hear my Geforce FX (or equivalent) and my Sledgehammer scream for mercy under the sheer horror of ninety-two light sources illuminating a one million polygon scene.

Make it happen. ::smirks::

BTW Zaldron,

Please contact me again. You disappeared (or something) and I still want your sprite designer skills ;)