Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Swordofdanu

Slayer gates are insane.

(Could mods remove this post pls? I didn't know the video was such bad quality so I deleted it)

Edited by Swordofdanu

The second Slayer Gate in the Cultist Base was a manic one for me. I think I spent most of it just dashing, running and making use of the teleporters and jump pads. As far as I'm concerned, mobility = life.

48 minutes ago, NoXion said:

The second Slayer Gate in the Cultist Base was a manic one for me. I think I spent most of it just dashing, running and making use of the teleporters and jump pads. As far as I'm concerned, mobility = life.

same here, the fifty mancubi was ridiculous

Just now, Novaseer said:

same here, the fifty mancubi was ridiculous

The horde of arachnotrons that followed were what nearly got me.

You think that's hardcore, wait till you get to the fourth slayer gate. Shit's so hardcore it's even more insane than the fifth and sixth slayer gates.

I wish you could replay slayer gates like rune trials. I had an especially fun time on ARC’s. Two tyrants. Fucking ridiculous. 

The gate on Mars Core was nuts too. Burned through my extra lives on the marauder alone. 

Looks like I've my got work cut out for me for future gates then 😭

I struggled with the Cultist base's last arena, least an hour of restarts, there's a lot of combat options to juggle, half the time I forget to set them on fire 🔥

The worst one is the one with the Marauder when you’ve got infinite Makyr drones firing at you as well. You headshot the Makyrs though and it’s explosion of goodies..

but yeah the Gates are awesome fun

8 minutes ago, Swordofdanu said:

Looks like I've my got work cut out for me for future gates then 😭

I struggled with the Cultist base's last arena, least an hour of restarts, there's a lot of combat options to juggle, half the time I forget to set them on fire 🔥

Take this advice: get the SSG maxed out quickly. The flaming chain mod is fantastic. 
I pair it with Chrono Strike and it’s super handy.

the reason I pair it with Chrono Strike is because how I move about Arenas.. always always jumping.

1 minute ago, thewormofautumn said:

Take this advice: get the SSG maxed out quickly. The flaming chain mod is fantastic. 
I pair it with Chrono Strike and it’s super handy.

the reason I pair it with Chrono Strike is because how I move about Arenas.. always always jumping.

I've picked Chrono strike, but most of the time when I use it I have the wrong weapon equipped😂(Plasma gun alt fire) 

I'll do that with the SSG thanks!  although I'm not getting on too well with the meat hook, I tend to use then fluff the shot...

Is anyone on consoles having a hard time?  When Doom '16 came out I whined about the combat being tailored to console people (controllers), but this time around it seems so focused on Keyboard and Mouse I almost feel bad for console people if they're playing higher difficulties.  It's god damn brutal, and AMAZING!

Just now, Flesh420 said:

Is anyone on consoles having a hard time?  When Doom '16 came out I whined about the combat being tailored to console people, but this time around it seems so focused on Keyboard and Mouse I almost feel bad for console people if they're playing higher difficulties.  It's god damn brutal, and AMAZING!

I've been playing FPS games with a mouse and keyboard on PC for nearly two decades, and I'll just say that I do not at all regret my decision to play through the campaign on Hurt Me Plenty.

I have to play the game in relatively short bursts, it's fucking intense.

what I thought was "when will this end????!?!?!?!"   There were so many mobs that I assumed I was missing some objective to stop them coming....great adrenaline rush though!

10 hours ago, Flesh420 said:

Is anyone on consoles having a hard time?  When Doom '16 came out I whined about the combat being tailored to console people (controllers), but this time around it seems so focused on Keyboard and Mouse I almost feel bad for console people if they're playing higher difficulties.  It's god damn brutal, and AMAZING!

Yep.  I’m playing on XBox on HMP.  Game is noticeably harder than 2016 and it took me until the 5th level to get a hang of the mandatory resource management ballet.

13 hours ago, silvercue said:

what I thought was "when will this end????!?!?!?!"   There were so many mobs that I assumed I was missing some objective to stop them coming....great adrenaline rush though!

That does actually happen. You have to take out the super heavies first, otherwise lesser demons (and Makyrs) will spawn indefinitely

14 hours ago, Flesh420 said:

I’ve got Doom Eternal on the PS4 and the game is vigorously slamming me in the ass on Hurt Me Plenty lol.