Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomhead87

I heard there is a Doom64 wad being made. Is this true?

yes, but absolutely NO MATERIEL WILL BE RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL THE FINAL PRODUCT IS FINISED! we don't want any jackassed panty-wastes taking our hard work and claiming it as their own. we might leak a screenie or 2, but NOTHING ELSE!! NOT EVEN A SINGLE SPRITE.

thank you.

any more questions about leaking it and i'll rip your friggin head off, shit down your neck and flush the head down a toilet, after pissing on it.

footman said:

yes, but absolutely NO MATERIEL WILL BE RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL THE FINAL PRODUCT IS FINISED! we don't want any jackassed panty-wastes taking our hard work and claiming it as their own. we might leak a screenie or 2, but NOTHING ELSE!! NOT EVEN A SINGLE SPRITE.

thank you.

any more questions about leaking it and i'll rip your friggin head off, shit down your neck and flush the head down a toilet, after pissing on it.

That's a little harsh my man!

Doomhead87 said:

If so, can someone give me a website to download it/an unfinished version of it? thanks.

Not allowed.

footman said:

we were thinking about releasing two pics of Xdoom's doom64 port and Blood Keep in action months ago, but due to some turd that has been stealing some of our resources claiming it his, mainly the sprites Elbryan worked hard on, no pics/demos whatsoever on the tc will be shown. However new and better resources are being made/converted by the team.

I just hope nothing will get leaked lol...

I just take a screenshot (prtscn) of every frame in the casting scene of doom64.

then used photoshop to resize/auto contrast them.

nah, everything (except the sounds and levels) is ripped straight from the cartridge. but I am not allowed to say what tools we used though.

Deathman said:

nah, everything (except the sounds and levels) is ripped straight from the cartridge. but I am not allowed to say what tools we used though.

I think I know... Can I guess that it's an emulator?

Deathman said:

we were thinking about releasing two pics of Xdoom's doom64 port and Blood Keep in action months ago, but due to some turd that has been stealing some of our resources claiming it his, mainly the sprites Elbryan worked hard on, no pics/demos whatsoever on the tc will be shown.

So THAT's the reason why those kickass sprites were removed from DOOM Depot!
If I ever find that turd I'll cut off all his fingers and his dick and shove 'em up his ass...provided that I'm in a good mood when I find him.

In case you guys haven't heard, I got a programmer to make a texture ripper graphics plugin for N64 emulators that works on Doom 64. I posted the download link on the Doom Depot forums. People were drooling, but others were depressed to know that all the sprite work can now be done over again with rips directly from the rom. They had been doing very difficult screen captures and trying to "guess" every pixel and texture color. Now you can just simply pull the textures and sprites directly off without guessing. Kaiser already ripped all the monster sprites in a matter of 2 days.

So you need not worry about people keeping resources a secret. you can easily rip the sprites and textures yourself using an emulator and the texture ripper from Icepir8. I've made dozens of cool animated avatars and Doom 64 emblem pics myself. Here's an avatar I made from directly ripping the sprites:

Here's the link to the plugin:

http://www.emutalk.net/attachment.php?postid=89512

My mp3s are the best you can get for PSX doom. The problem is the music tracks on PSX and N64 Doom are not actually music files. They are instead a list of instructions for playing 2 or 3 different samples at different wave lengths. As a result, you cannot "rip" the music for either one of these Doom versions. The best you can do is either record or emulate (and emulation is inaccurate anyway).

Wee, I guess right. I am 1337...

I don't have that plugin, but hopefully I should be able to rip stuff from Duke64 for my mod with the Daedalus emu.

Heh.

Trasher][ said:
Wee, I guess right. I am 1337...

I don't have that plugin, but hopefully I should be able to rip stuff from Duke64 for my mod with the Daedalus emu.

*pistol*

Heh.

What game is that!? I WANT THOSE GRAPHICS!

That would be Duke Nukem 64. I opened up the debug console in the Daedalus emulator, and typed "dump textures". Then I just shot the pistol for a bit, loading the frames in, and typed "nodump textures". Then the textures in memory are dumped straight into a folder (In this case, dumps/tile_dumps/Duke Nukem 64). Each pistol frame was seperated into (144x13) strips, which were easily stuck together.

So, yeah. Share the method folks... keep the peace!

WHAT!!! Does Deadalus run Duke 64? !!!

/me goes off and downloads Deadalus...

Oh, and if anyone wants the music for Doom 64, though there isn't a way to directly rip it, I DID rip the music. On the Depot of course. :P

FirebrandX said:

I noticed somebody removed the plugin link. I wonder why since it's certainly not illegal and is not a rom. Nobody ever removed my mp3 links, so I'm wondering what's up with that...

well, its a good thing its removed anyways, don't want anybody trying to steal our ideas.

skadoomer said:

no, the entire thing is a lie, just like the doom III alpha and santa clause.

There is no sanity clause. :P

FirebrandX said:
My mp3s are the best you can get for PSX doom. The problem is the music tracks on PSX and N64 Doom are not actually music files. They are instead a list of instructions for playing 2 or 3 different samples at different wave lengths. As a result, you cannot "rip" the music for either one of these Doom versions. The best you can do is either record or emulate (and emulation is inaccurate anyway).

Yes I know. out of intrest, dose a PSX doom music emulator exsist? also, I can't seem to find you Mp3s on your home page...