Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SamuelMTEvander

Khan Maykr -- Spoiler Talk

Playing through the game I started piecing these little hints together. I was entirely convinced that for the most part that Maykrs (and Sentinels if you get to Nekrovol) used earth to engage in a usury of sorts to keep the lights on Urdak. For the most part this seemed to me like a raw deal for humanity. After killing all the priests Khan Maykr did mention that she was merely culling the humanity and that it would've survived. But then again, during Taras Nabak Samuel Hayden mentions that worlds continue on corrupted under Khan Maykr rule, which once again turned it into a black and white issue for me. I was playing a Doom game after all.

This continued until I reached Nekrovol, where Samuel Hayden acts as a Virgil to our Dante. Explaining how human souls are broken and turned into Argent energy, then shipped to Urdak. Then later in the heavenly realm, this bit of information can be coupled with what Khan Maykr says in her bossfight. That doomslayer is denying humans salvation. Then it dawned on me that the game's events may in fact have been a little more grey than I gave it credit for. Basically Doom Eternal's events are a rapture of sorts. The Khan Maykr lore states that their souls run on a neural network of sorts. And Maykrs need Argent energy to rule.

So assuming that Khan Maykr's words are anything to go by when she says that Doomslayer is denying humanity of Salvation, she means that souls of living things cannot exist in Maykrs to experience the bliss of afterlife that is Urdak. Since Doomslayer pretty much wrecks the place. That doesn't excuse her jerkish behavior to invoke Icon Of Sin as punishment. I think I heard it called as a world destroyer. Its lore states that titans are harbingers of the end times.

Maybe Doomslayer simply didn't understand the divine plan earth was to undertake. Now, humanity has to endure in a status-quo purgatorio that is life without salvation after death. And the Hell On Earth their home has to recover from, which is another thing that sucks for humanity now. If their purpose was to end up in Urdak as a reward for their trials, then it wouldn't have mattered what state the earth was left in. But now it's nothing but a barren wasteland for miles and miles. Anyway, this is just a random thought I had after finishing the game. What do you think?

khan_maykr.jpg

Edited by SamuelMTEvander

I definitely think, and hope, that we’ll be fighting the maykrs head on in doom 6. 

A lot of interesting loose ends were left, like you mentioned. Heaven is fucked, and some mysterious entity is unhappy about that (the nooooo right after the khan was killed). Also, VEGA was left connected to Urdak’s systems. 

We’ll see where they take this. Hopefully something cool. 

there does seem to be a lot of instances in the game where characters tell the Doom Slayer "For the love of fuck stop, you don't know what you're doing" 
but even still, I feel that creatures as intelligent as the maykrs should have worked to find an alternative energy source rather than immediately resorting to harvesting souls from hell. Because from what I understand, every human who dies in the events of Doom Eternal has no chance of going to heaven, it's a one way ticket to hell, and that may be due to Maykr manipulation. 

Hard to give Khan Maker much credit, as it seems like she's been drinking too much of the demonic cool-aid, and got corrupted in the process. Just look at her state without her armor... she looks like a demon herself.  The fact is, she's not reaping the souls of humanity for a rapture; she's doing it for power. 

She's also evidently not the god of humanity, seeming quite unaware of their existence at all before Doomguy showed up, so the question of what bloody right she has to shove the apocalypse on them comes up too. 

On 3/22/2020 at 12:30 PM, BluePineapple72 said:

I definitely think, and hope, that we’ll be fighting the maykrs head on in doom 6. 

A lot of interesting loose ends were left, like you mentioned. Heaven is fucked, and some mysterious entity is unhappy about that (the nooooo right after the khan was killed). Also, VEGA was left connected to Urdak’s systems. 

We’ll see where they take this. Hopefully something cool. 

Yea.  Another possible thought as far as future villains is the “Dark Lord” that several of the codexes in Nekravol refer to as the being with whom the Khan Maykr struck a deal to obtain Argent energy.

On 3/22/2020 at 6:15 AM, SamuelMTEvander said:

what Khan Maykr says in her bossfight. That doomslayer is denying humans salvation.

Or... simpler answer: she's full of shit.  She's not "divine", this isn't some god-prescribed rapture.  She's a greedy floating bitch who was willing to torture and damn billions to keep her own little piece of the universe all sparkly.

All that stuff about "denying human's salvation" is straight up horse-shit.  She's like a televangelist telling people they have to give away all their money because "God said I need a new private jet".  The whole thing is a catastrophic lie.  It's repeated many, many times that no normal soul can ever enter Urdak.  She told the same lie to the Night Sentinels that they'll be reunited with their loved ones in Urdak.  All of it bollocks.

She needed to die like yesterday.

2 minutes ago, Bauul said:

Or... simpler answer: she's full of shit.  She's not "divine", this isn't some god-prescribed rapture.  She's a greedy floating bitch who was willing to torture and damn billions to keep her own little piece of the universe all sparkly.

All that stuff about "denying human's salvation" is straight up horse-shit.  She's like a televangelist telling people they have to give away all their money because "God said I need a new private jet".  The whole thing is a catastrophic lie.  It's repeated many, many times that no normal soul can ever enter Urdak.  She told the same lie to the Night Sentinels that they'll be reunited with their loved ones in Urdak.  All of it bollocks.

She needed to die like yesterday.

Essentially. She's a pretender only interested in self preservation. And the fact that a successor can't be made without the Father suggests to me she had something to do with it. She doesn't want to be absorbed into the hivemind as is ordained, she wants to rule everything forever. 

2 hours ago, User Name said:

Who was that giant Maykr suspended in that pool of liquid on the Urdak level?

I believe that was the next Khan next in line to rule, however due to the loss of "The Father" a new Khan could no longer be born.