Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

"ISOLATION" speedmapping project - BETA 2 RELEASED

1 hour ago, kudo said:

Jimmy can we palette swap the Cacos to green it would be amazing and thematically on point for my map. lol

I love my red cacos but this sounds nice.

I’m pulling out as I’m not going to have enough time to complete a map by the deadline - doesn’t sound like you’ll have much trouble getting to a full megawad anyway

Here's my submission. Enjoy! (I think I made it too hard on UV but that's just how I like it.)

Map name: Repugnant Surprises

Par Time: 4:00
Build time: 12 hours
Music: "The Dave D. Taylor Blues" from Doom II

Edit: File updated.

Isolation-Gardevoir-Repugnant-Surprises.zip

Edited by Gardevoir

Time to quarantine this thread.

EDIT: I can give up one of my maps to make space if necesary.

Spoiler

plague.jpg.5a9d1c53bdfbc7e26a124d5e52414260.jpg

Map Name: Plaguelord's Demesne

Music: Some soundtrack from Xenophage, Bobby Prince (I think)

Build Time: Around 4 hours.

A little not light-hearted, but hey, it should make for a challenging later level in the wad. The ending might surprise you...

iso_ivandob.zip

Mine is coming along as well, but I can only work on it for about 2 hours at a time. I'm about 6 - maybe 7 hours in (depends on rounding) and will likely need another day (2 more hours) or so. I will post it tonight (or if all else fails, tomorrow), I think the deadline is the 28th? Close call, I guess ^^;

I noticed we have an "over-abundance" of submissions and mine might not live up to the greats (don't feel bad if it has to be cut for time) ..however I will still post it so you all have to suffer thr~ ..uhm.. so you can all enjoy it!

No screenshots yet. No spoilers!

Well, I've totally ignored the "Short, breezy, light-hearted Boom (CL9) maps" rule since I'm not familiar with Boom. However, I have completed my first speedmap ever. I lost count on how long I spent on it but I think it's under 12 hours. It's called The Great Unknown. Here it is: unknown.zip

Screenshot_Doom_20200326_130511.png.c86a0e102074e3ceadae65647e752828.png

I started to work on this project, but I realised that I've lost motivation and burned out to work on mapping as for now, so if someone wishes, they can grab this map and morph it by their own liking. It contains few rooms. 

fireblu_did_it.zip

Decided to pull out and save my incomplete map as the secret map for my new Doom 1 episode that I'm slowly making plus looks like there'll be 32 at this point before the deadline.

Updated version of my map. Improvements were attempted as per Dragonfly and Jimmy's suggestions on yesterday's stream. I also added a tiny bit of ammo to the start area. Alas, my attempt at making the MIDI slightly more audible was unsuccessful.

mfg_isolation_v2.zip

mfg_isolation_v2a.zip

Edited by MFG38 : updated version again

Alright, I've got a map of my own to post!
Name:Up and Down and All Around

It involves an elevator!

Development took about 8-9 hours accounting for keeping the time sloppily.

doom09.png.4c1710387af04ccfaa8cabc0da4bf1b2.png

U&D&AA.zip

Music is Elevatorstuck from Homestuck, midi version by Winged Souls

Unless I miscounted, or Jimmy missed an earlier submission (not likely, I think), that means there are 29 maps. With Jimmy planning to make a Map 30, and a bit over 2 days left until the absolute deadline, this set could end up being far over the Boom limit for maps.

Have you given any thought to how you would split up the submissions @Jimmy?

38 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Hey @Scorpius, would you mind explaining why your map very clearly takes chunks from other people's maps?

Why would anyone steal parts from other people's maps for a for fun speedmap project... I don't get it. It's kinda funny when you think about it though...

15 minutes ago, IvanDobrovski said:

Why would anyone steal parts from other people's maps for a for fun speedmap project... I don't get it. It's kinda funny when you think about it though...

Their submissions to the 64kb project are also plagiarised.

2 hours ago, Dragonfly said:

Their submissions to the 64kb project are also plagiarised.

Hmm, that might also speak for this wad called "Doom: Perdition" by him, which I've seen around in videos first then played a bit myself to find that many parts from where the author said he took inspiration, are in fact very suspiciously similar to the originals, including one blatant almost-copy of the plasma rifle room from Xaser's PRCP map 15 besides the setup at the start and the BFG room from "The Pit", not a word mentioned in the text file about those.

1 hour ago, CthulhuChan said:

I've made a pretty basic map 

How do I submit? 

map.png

Unless I am blind, I read the first post and seen the 32 slots full, or that's what I see.

But if there was an empty slot somehow, I think you could just send it to Jimmy as he started the community project? ..Maybe, Idk

Jimmy will sort things out if there are more than 32 maps submitted, I'd imagine. 

Also, WIP:

Spoiler

DwZgJWL.png

I give you "Social Distancing", in Boom format. I've been working on this off and on over the last two days and I'm guessing probably took just over 10 hours to complete. It's short, a bit difficult early on and requires you to be quick, but most of it's a slaughter-fest. Please let me know if the moving parts of the level that I used to time the release/reveal of certain things needs to be reduced or extended. I only tested it with GZDoom set to Strict compatability, which I'm hoping is somewhere in the range of CL9. I've been crunching the hell out of this to keep it under 12 hours, it being my first speed map (that was intended to be one, at any rate). Be sure to keep an eye out for sinks to scrub up, and a cure for the round menace... 

Had a lot of fun making this one, hope yins enjoy it. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uly9uvcrau2e2cx/SocialDistancing.wad?dl=0

Screenshot_Doom_20200327_025110.png.abb96b8b571491940fd7257b5dcb2310.pngScreenshot_Doom_20200327_025131.png.d6f2ddf28dd264017468606fedbb5a18.png