Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

"ISOLATION" speedmapping project - BETA 2 RELEASED

2 minutes ago, Zylinderkatze said:

Just to show that I've actually done stuff, here's a screenshot of my editor view.

Only thing left is testing the difficulties.

But it's 3:40am here so I'll finish it up in the morning xD

Goodnight!

Ooh, Cacos are looking threatening!

All I've got left to do is thing placement. Should be able to get it ready before the deadline.

Spoiler

ap35H3o.png

DiFejBY.png

kG2OURj.png

Map Name: The Close Encounter

Build Time: About 2 - 3 hours

Midi: "Baked Goods" by Lee Jackson

Difficulties implemented. This map probably isn't very laid back.

Edited by A2Rob

Well I ended up failing the "speedmap" part of the equation, but nevertheless, I've made a map.

Map Name: The Underground Tower

MIDI: "Floghorn" by Lee Jackson

Build Time: 3... days... <_<

I understand if that's disqualifying (I might be disappointed, but I'll understand), but I liked the opportunity to do a no-co-op map so much I got perhaps a bit carried away.

EDIT: Screens (click to enlarge):

thumb_screenshot_doomlyjvq.png thumb_screenshot_doomc3kja.png thumb_screenshot_doom9gk42.png thumb_screenshot_doom33kun.png thumb_screenshot_doomnwjeu.png

Also made a very minor edit - changed the lighting of one sector, when I discovered that -cl9 fixed a bug I was having in PrBoom+ where changing the ceiling brightness affected Things in that ceiling's sector. That was an MBF "feature", but -cl9 targets Boom compatibility (so, pre-MBF), and Boom works as I expected it should - it only changes the ceiling, not anything else. URL is the same as it was before. I don't think I'll be making further changes unless something critical comes up.

Edited by Shadow Hog

Aaargh, the pressure of not doing something for this is killing me, even with other stuff to do on a tight deadline.

I'd kind of hoped the deadline was lunchtime (because my reading comprehension is poor, apparently) and therefore I'd be able to miss it... I may be back.

Map Name: Wine Flu

Music : Ultimate Doom E2m5

Build Time: maybe 8 hours spread over a few days.

Play Time: Not sure. 5-10 min or so.

Difficulty Settings: none

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/691990161117937675/693357454192279622/rf_wineflu.wad

truth be told, dunno if it plays in prboom yet. not tested.

Edited by rf`

I'm back.

Map Name: The Washing Well

Music: Britney Spears - Toxic (MIDI cover)

Build Time: 3-4 hours

Play Time: 2-3 minutes

Difficulty Settings: Yes (mostly how much armour you get at the beginning, but also a couple of other touches)

Download Link

Okay. Here's mine.

1.png 2.png 3.png

"Should've stayed home"

Sorry 1: I forgot to load "isopal.wad" before taking the screenshots.

Sorry 2: This has taken almost too long. "Invested time" wise as well as "Deadline" wise. Apologies.

This is just the level, "MAP01" (for now, since I don't know where it might end up, if anywhere at all xD) 

No MIDI replacements, no new graphics (aside from what's in "d1gfx-d2.wad").

For more details look at the text file in the ZIP: Zylinderkatze.zip (UPDATED!)

Have fun! :)

~Marcel

Edited by Zylinderkatze : Replaced the images

@DynamiteKaitorn does your map have a name?

@Shadow Hog If you're sure you spent upwards of 12 hours specifically on this map, then I might have to discount it, but if over those 3 days you reckon it actually amounted to less than 12 total hours of work, then you should be fine. Imposing the build time limit was meant to encourage people to actually time their efforts, really. But I'll try and be clearer about it next time!

@Scorpius Given that we're dealing with quite the overflow at the moment, and given how much of your work appears to be unoriginal, I will say sorry, you missed your chance. Plagiarism is serious business. Use the time between now and your next project to learn from your mistakes and to craft your own ideas. All the best.

Shit I meant to make this post an hour ago...

11 HOURS TO GO! Start your maps NOW if you don't want [more of] a time handicap!

I can't think of a good name for my map Q_Q

EDIT:

I decided on a name.

"Get down with the sickness!"

Edited by DynamiteKaitorn : decided to name my map

27 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

@Scorpius Given that we're dealing with quite the overflow at the moment, and given how much of your work appears to be unoriginal, I will say sorry, you missed your chance. Plagiarism is serious business. Use the time between now and your next project to learn from your mistakes and to craft your own ideas. All the best.

I'm totally cool with that, I fully understand. Plagiarism is VERY serious business and nobody should do it. I've already learnt my lesson and moving on with better thoughts on my future here. My mistake for signing up to a Boom project with no Boom experience either. 

Best of luck with this project! It's looking very good already. :D

@Jimmy I noticed that my level (which I posted an hour ago) has an unreachable secret area (because a room that I'm using for a height target inherited the "secret" tag from the room next to it. Can I still update my "Zylinderkatze.wad"? I would just replace the ZIP file in my original post if that's ok?

Map Name: Back Shift at the Sludge Works

Music: Suspense (Doom E1M5)

Difficulty settings are implemented but I'm open to thoughts on how they might be revised; around the midpoint of the map it's very possible for the player to end up with an abundance of shotgun shells, but given the brevity of the level I'm not sure how I might go about pacing ammunition supply and usage more deliberately.

49708496142_61fd2d0d8c_o.png

EDIT: corrected version of the WAD below (fixing a texture alignment issue)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/88tb13lg98evz5z/tog_bssw.wad?dl=0

Edited by TheOrganGrinder : Updated WAD file with corrected version

12 minutes ago, Zylinderkatze said:

@Jimmy I noticed that my level (which I posted an hour ago) has an unreachable secret area (because a room that I'm using for a height target inherited the "secret" tag from the room next to it. Can I still update my "Zylinderkatze.wad"? I would just replace the ZIP file in my original post if that's ok?

I just replaced my attached file in the original post (and added that info as an edit message).

Sorry for the inconvenience this might've caused.

Just realized my map has a Berserk powerup not placed on water! And there isn't any sector lighting variation. I have addressed these issues and applied some polish. 

Here's the link to the new version!

ba-phlegm2.zip

Stir Crazy

Music: "Prototype" by Jimmy and Stewboy

Build Time: 2.5 hours

7Bav6qA.png

3 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

I can't think of a good name for my map Q_Q

"I'm sure it's nothing serious..."

"Nurgle's embrace"

"An apple a day keeps the plague doctor away"

"Lo Wang orders bat soup"

"Phlegm fatale"

This is the final version: underground sickness.zip

I did some balancing and polished the aesthetics.

undsick2.png.4cbf806863fe9752a2cd4f5597cbffb0.pngundsick1.png.29f5167423e35f76c664366212ceb7f3.png

Map Name: Underground Sickness

Music: I made the song but i didn't gave it have a title. Underground Sickness too, I guess. 

Difficulty settings are implemented.

Bleh, not going to finish. First time trying to make a real map with Slade (can't get DB and family to work on Linux) and I suck at mapping anyhow! Going to wait for a compilation to play these, some look quite good for speed-ish maps though.

Hey everyone! This is my submission:

Name: Subterranean Facility Lockdown
Music: Transducer by James Paddock

Build time: about 6 or 7 hours
No difficulty settings

Wad file contains only map and music, resources are to be loaded separately.

Spoiler

1.png

3.png

4.png

subterranean_facility_lockdown.rar

Edited by MaishyN