• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

"ISOLATION" speedmapping project - BETA 2 RELEASED

The Lonely Deceased

Build time: roughly 12 hours spread out over a few days

Music: "Petrichor (Blood of the Stone)" by Jimmy

Still in need of some tweaking, as well as difficulty settings.

grdZc5P.png

Edited by AD_79

One last map, wanted to submit this in time for the deadline so the ending is rushed. I can resubmit if I get another hour with a more fleshed-out end, tho!

Screenshot_Doom_20200328_200404.png.1ba6264138614e1b35d48bc8df07abe3.pngScreenshot_Doom_20200328_200346.png.9fa70a3a20cac6523f9059966933ffd2.pngScreenshot_Doom_20200328_200328.png.7257d20bebc89b4f5fc47667f1ca4e40.png

NAME: Cracks of Nuke

BUILD TIME: 8 hours

MUSIC: E3M3 'Deep into the Code' by BOBBY PRINCE

shadesIsolation.zip

Edited by ShadesMaster

Holy shit, this is the 2nd comunity project I have seen with the most ammount of map submissions, the other one I can think is Push.

31 minutes ago, Gothic said:

Holy shit, this is the 2nd comunity project I have seen with the most ammount of map submissions, the other one I can think is Push.

I think the largest number I've seen is DUMP3 with a whopping 73 (+6 maps that weren't quality enough and were relegated to "secret" instead, so really 79). This is approaching that for sure.

2038480749_MAP01(51).png.1100ce016806091e6d734bf3dd4b11e5.png

This one's pretty late, but idgaf

Nuclear Twilight

Build time - 6 - 7 hours?

Music - "JD12.mid" by Jeremy Doyle

Edited by Breezeep : Quick update: fixed a few visual mishaps

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

THAT'S A WRAP!

Right, now I've gotta figure out what to do with 60 maps.

Fuck.

What I'd do is arrange them by theme, amount of monsters, see which maps have more cyberdemons, etc. Could have the main 32 map megawad (MAP01-MAP32) followed by a 28 map episode (MAP33 to MAP60). Or two separate 30 map megawads with no secret levels.

I had some fun doing a map for this one project...so...
I managed to do it before the deadline happened. It has all difficulties. Music is "Slime Dweller" by none other than Jimmy.

virutech-V4.zip

And some shots incoming...

Screenshot_Doom_20200328_232143.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200328_232301.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200328_232326.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200328_232417.png

26 minutes ago, Voltcom said:

I'd just do 2 x 30 map episodes / no secret levels. But that's entirely Jimmy's decision on this crazy number of maps.

I think there's more than 60 maps now lol

6 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Right, now I've gotta figure out what to do with 60 maps.

Split them into at least 2 wads, just like the case of Final DOOM with Plutonia and TNT. (Yeah, I know this needs 4 more maps to fit into 64 maps, but I'm not so sure if this is meant to be a megawad either.)

Congrats everyone on participating and cranking out so many different and diverse maps on this unifying (if socially distancing) subject!

Thank you @Jimmy for starting the project. It was a lot of fun to take part in it and I hope that you'll have fun putting all the levels together. Can't wait to play them all!

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

And to name @DynamiteKaitorn's submission myself, I will be calling it Into the Infection.

To quote me from earlier:

EDIT:

I decided on a name.

"Get down with the sickness!"

Sorry if you missed the edit. XD

@Jimmy That's great for me. It was quite a surprise to see another name with two same words submitted a bit later:). If I saw another map with similar name posted earlier, I'd think about something else.

Apologies for the lateness, I've been feeling unwell (it's not Corona I swear!)

Feeling Run Down.wad

Build time: 12 hours

Music is the Forest Temple theme from Zelda: Ocarina of Time

It's a biggie, inspired by Darkwave0000's earlier maps from Speed of Doom. Good luck!

Edited by an_mutt

I'm quite hyped to play BOTH megawads and record them, of course...for the greater good.

Looks like we've got a megamegawad on our hands, folks.

Happy compiling, Jimmy, thanks for putting this together and hope the number of submissions isn't too overwhelming!

64+ maps, eh? I believe the term I coined for this many moons ago was "hyperWAD". Congratulations @Jimmy, you've spearheaded one. UMAPINFO and one glorious package would be the true winning combination, but I appreciate that kind of limits your ports :P

@Gez The caco sprites looks pretty cool. I really like the idea. However, my opinion is that editing caco sprites in the whole wad may have unexpectedly high impact on the overall feel of the mapset (can't say if good or bad - it may be good if done perfectly but improving shape of such a masterpiece as caco is not an easy task).

It would also be preferable if mappers would know about reskinned monster before doing their mapping as it may affect look of some areas (i.e. a red themed area would look different with a ton of green caco meat on the ground than the orginal).

It may look like I'm doing some nitpicking but as a mapper I strongly believe that color composition of what the player is seeing is pretty important.

ISOPAL desaturates everything except the greens and blues. A red-themed area is going to be a gray-themed area.

29 minutes ago, Gez said:

ISOPAL desaturates everything except the greens and blues. A red-themed area is going to be a gray-themed area.

Doesn't change the fact that it changes the look from what the author may have originally intended.