Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
aussj4link

Crashing upon attempting to stream.

So I wanted to stream this for a few friends and whoever else might like to watch but anytime I bring up the streaming service, the game immediately crashes. I have tried two different streaming apps (XSplit and Streamlabs OBS) and tried windowed mode as well as fullscreen for the game. No matter what I try, it crashes if both the game and the app is open, I don't even have to actually go live, just have the two open. I have made sure all drivers, the app, and the game is up to date and even did a file integrity check on the game just for the hell of it. If anyone has any ideas at all, I would be very appreciative. I have held off on playing at all until I can get this working as I want to play the game for the first time live with my friends who don't have the game as well.

This is my current PC: https://www.pcgamebenchmark.com/ratemypc?platform=windows&cpu=intel-core-i7-8700k&memory=16gb&gpu=nvidia-geforce-gtx-1070

Display capture in OBS Studio v24.0.3 (plain OBS, not StreamLabs) works for me on Nvidia. The other methods just capture a black screen (maybe related to the fact that it's a Vulkan game somehow, I know someone else who had the exact same problem with Red Dead Redemption 2).

You could try adding +logFile 2 to launch parms to make the game generate a log file and check the end of the logfile after crashing. (it logs into "C:\Users\<name>\Saved Games\id Software\DOOMEternal\base\qconsole.log")