Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BetaMarine

John Romero just streamed Doom Eternal, looks like he had fun

Something tells me John is going to have a really hard time with the rest of the game if he sticks with Ultra-Violence, LOL.

Heh, that's probably about as good as I could ever play it.

Sounds like he was enjoying it despite all his trouble though.

Also looks like it has a pretty accessible learning curve. It'll be interesting to see how quickly he gets better as he progresses.

7 hours ago, Chubzdoomer said:

Something tells me John is going to have a really hard time with the rest of the game if he sticks with Ultra-Violence, LOL.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. I died several times from each arena battles at first. But, once I started getting my upgrades and weapons, the battles were slowly starting to become more manageable and less punishing. I'm playing on Ultra-Violence too.

I found Romero's stream amusing and interesting...  One of the original creators of Doom having his ass handed to him and cursing damn Aracnotrons - basically the same experience I had!  I found it telling that he didn't realise the chainsaw gave ammo (not sure what he thought the colourful tokens were after chainsawing).  He also got thrown a few times by the game design.

Romero seemed to enjoy the glory kills 😁

Edited by Gadbury

On 3/25/2020 at 4:43 AM, Mangcubus said:

What did John think of the last game?

From the Sigil website:

Q: Are you happy with where id Software has taken the series?

A: Absolutely. I think DOOM 2016 was an amazing game and deserving of every one of the accolades it got. The team at id is really doing a fantastic job with it, and like everyone else, I am looking forward to DOOM Eternal. To be clear, I don’t have anything to do with either of these games. I’m just a fan like everyone else!

https://www.romerogames.ie/si6il

It was both painful and enjoyable to watch.

I find it odd how he failed to pick up some important mechanics early, I believe he played Doom 2016.

It's like he is convinced you can't glory kill bigger demons when staggered, he can't figure out what hints a secret and what doesn't, he always tries to stand his ground vs a heavy demon while the rest of Hell is launching millions of projectiles at him. He keeps forgetting to use chainsaw and appropriate weapons. No Grenades until late in the video.

Edited by Chezza

On 3/25/2020 at 6:35 AM, ZealknightMR said:

But, once I started getting my upgrades and weapons, the battles were slowly starting to become more manageable and less punishing. I'm playing on Ultra-Violence too.

Agreed, same as me.

But since he skipped a modbot because he thought it was gonna change his mod forever, he's gonna have a hard time learning that this cannot be played like OG Doom