Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Artman2004

Media that is so bad it's good.

Kung Pow - Enter the Fist.

We’re talking CGI cow fights with gopher nun-chucks, ventriloquist musical numbers, and a superhero chick with one boob. It’s 10/10

Try Bad Taste or even better... the Toxic Avenger.

Bad Taste was one of Peter Jackson's first films and had this really cheesy british feel to it. Also the gore.... pretty much the only actual good thing in the film.

Everything else is a so Bad its good material.

Toxic Avenger is just heavy shock value that is just plain ridiculous in acting and story in just about every way. Freaking hell the whole movie the Main character is beating up bad guys in a partially melted Tutu... I'm not joking. Also it has some of the weirdest and most ridiculous Deaths I have ever seen in a film.

The Room and Troll 2 are certified classics in this genre. they are the standards by which 'so bad it's good' may be judged. that recent Cats movie may also qualify, from what I've heard.

Cabin Boy. It's an oddball movie with hints of Tim Burton all over it- as he was initially to direct but bailed last minute. It stars Chris Elliott with a secondary role by Andy Richter and a very brief cameo by David Letterman. A rich snobby "kid"(if you can call Elliott's clearly adult role as that) on his way home from boarding school mistakes a beat-up fishing boat for a cruise ship when he arrives to the docks late(after ticking off his limo driver, who does not care for the "fancy lad" attitude), tricks the idiot cabin boy into letting in onboard then setting course for Hawaii- right through a haunted patch of sea. Naturally, things go poorly.

It failed despite advertising hype, but if Burton had remained on as director it would likely have been more successful.

2 hours ago, Master O said:

God the Goombas in that movie freaked me out when I was a kid. Now they look ridiculous XD.

I haven't seen it yet, but I have heard of this turkish movie called "The Man Who Saved The World", that seems to be precisely what you are looking for.

Cabin Boy is a cinematic masterpiece.  

Oh, there's this:

MV5BZTM0Mzc1YTktZGI5Yy00ZjRmLWFkNzItZWFj

Supposedly filmed at the same time as Bloodrayne, possibly using some of the same sets.

My personal "So Bad, it's Good" choice would have to be Dorbees: Making Decisions. It's actually rather hilarious seeing the show poorly attempting to imitate VeggieTales, all the ridiculously corny stuff the show tries to pull out of it's ass in an attempt to get people interested, the hilariously bad CGI, and the actually kinda good songs in there, to the point where I actually made a partially-done-eternal-WIP osu beatmap of one of them.

A lot of good cheese, stupidity, and YTP potential, Dorbees is.

Witness the cheese-fest for yourself:

Troma are kings for sure, Lloyd Kaufman's movies are always gold. Love this whole scene. That said, I'm so far gone, I actually consider those to be good! Just because Lloyd is such a funny writer, and he gets great over-the-top performances out of his cast, etc. And the documentaries of how he makes these no budget movies are really entertaining too. Toxic Avenger is one of the great films. Now Toxie 3, maybe that one is so bad it's good for me. 2 and 4 are also solid... :D

Definitely Breakin and Breakin 2 as mentioned (though again... kind of just good movies to me, I'm beyond saving here. Terrific music for sure.). 80s cheese zen.

Miami Connection, The Room, TimeCop, Evil Cult (2003 - this movie rules), Sorority House Massacre 2, Hard to Die, Chopping Mall, Hard Ticket to Hawaii... so many B-movies to choose from.

The exact thing you may be looking for is Mystery Science Theater 3000. surprised no one brought this up yet. 

Watch the slasher/giallo hybrid Pieces (1982). Utter hilarity at many moments, though it has good special effects and an awesome score.

Here's a sample of its genius:

On 3/25/2020 at 1:13 AM, Dr. Toboggan said:

Kung Pow

Totally agree, is freaking hilarious. Quite a long time I didn't watch it...

On 3/31/2020 at 7:31 AM, Master O said:

@Gokuma I take it you've seen the original movie Barbarella?

Was not aware of that movie.   Looking it up on imdb I don't think Blubberella hasn't anything to do with it.   Just a goofy name for half vampire, two and a half woman, damphir.

I never met him, but I'm an extra in a movie with Lloyd Kaufman.  Bloodbath in the House of Knives.  I gotta warn the movie gets really ****ing brutal quick, but overall it's good.

Here's a suggestion...

BLOOD DINER

Edited by Gokuma

Does this movie have bad acting, hilarious dialogue, super cheesy special effects and a plot that makes absolutely no sense?

Oh yeah. 

Oh fuck yeah.

Edited by stphrz : Update

also the movie RUNNING SCARED (not the 80s billy crystal one, the Paul Walker one).

also the movie REMO WILLIAMS

On 3/31/2020 at 9:17 AM, mrthejoshmon said:

Why are most Christian animated movies ghoulish abominations? I could go pick like 20 of em to post.