Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chungy

Doom 64 (2020) issues

The aforementioned "-skipvideos" parameter didn't work for me. I worked around it by overwriting the video files (in the movies directory) with a little dummy video. Just extract this and replace all the files in that directory.

empty movies.zip

32 minutes ago, cybdmn said:

It isn't even on Beth, just Steam.

Come again? https://bethesda.net/en/store/product/DOLCNGPCBG01

26 minutes ago, chungy said:

The aforementioned "-skipvideos" parameter didn't work for me. I worked around it by overwriting the video files (in the movies directory) with a little dummy video. Just extract this and replace all the files in that directory.

empty movies.zip

Sorry, I typo'ed before, it's -skipmovies.

2 minutes ago, cybdmn said:

Only got a message: "Something went wrong. Please try again."

Region lockout, maybe? I see the listing, but I am in the US.

51 minutes ago, cybdmn said:

Only got a message: "Something went wrong. Please try again."

No Doom64.

Works here, too. Which browser are you using? And OS?

Spoiler

In Lost Levels map 2, after the ambush surrounding the red key, I didn't pick up the key because I wanted to go back to the previous areas to stock up in case of another ambush. However, there's no way to go back to the red key now? Just past the yellow key door, the opening is completely walled off atop the stairs, leaving the red key area inaccessible and blocking my progress.

7 hours ago, Tony_Danza_the_boss said:

Unskippable 60 seconds of logos is so painful. Almost makes me not even want to play it

On 3/26/2020 at 12:56 PM, Edward850 said:

As you can imagine, this isn't something we just get to change. Chuck on -skipmovies.

So i bound strafe to left and right but i still turn while doing so. Pls halp (turning is not bound to arrows anymore)

3 hours ago, Deimos said:

So i bound strafe to left and right but i still turn while doing so. Pls halp (turning is not bound to arrows anymore)

They are still bound to arrows (the briliance of the keybinding in that port), you have to unbind the arrow keys from the turn left and right.

I did it by going to C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\Nightdive Studios\DOOM 64 and open the kexengine.cfg with notepad++ and deleted the bindings

8 hours ago, VGA said:

Works here, too. Which browser are you using? And OS?

Does not matter, tried with Mac OSX and Windows 10, Safari and Firefox on Mac. Firefox, Chrome and Edge on Windows 10, seems to be a regional lock.

Edit: Tor Browser shows it.

On 4/2/2020 at 6:31 AM, Average said:

I'm not sure if these are bugs in the port or just being authentic to the original but  I feel like I get stuck on geometry quite often.  I don't have an N64 anymore so I can't go back and check but I don't remember being quite this 'sticky'.

So I'm just after noticing an odd bug in PsyDoom and it reminded me of this comment. I mention it since the N64 version is derived from the PS1 port, so presumably carried over a few of it's quirks.

I have a quick 60 FPS hack in PsyDoom at the minute that allows me run the game beyond its previous 30 FPS cap - albeit currently with some issues. Tonight, when testing Doom II's 'Entryway' map running at 60 FPS I found myself getting stuck trying to go back through this door from the outside area:

image.png.3988cdbbfd803c06b95ca5a892549878.png 

When I drop the game back down to its regular 30 FPS cap I can get through the door and past this column just fine. It seems as though some of the sliding behavior in this game might depend on the frame rate that the game is running at. Walls seem to be definitely more 'sticky' when the game is running at higher FPS.

I don't know if that specifically is a problem for D64 on PC (due to increased performance) and the game is meant to be demo compatible with the original, so perhaps not. Just thought I'd mention anyway in case it rings a bell for some of the devs.

1 hour ago, MadGuy said:

They are still bound to arrows (the briliance of the keybinding in that port), you have to unbind the arrow keys from the turn left and right.

I did it by going to C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\Nightdive Studios\DOOM 64 and open the kexengine.cfg with notepad++ and deleted the bindings

Thanks!

If you rebind a command to its already-bound key, it unbinds it.

14 hours ago, Tony_Danza_the_boss said:

Unskippable 60 seconds of logos is so painful. Almost makes me not even want to play it

Better that than another 20 + years for it to be ported :/

Anybody who played lost levels can confirm the problem with the map in my previous post?

Found another error in Evil Sacrifice. From the underground area at the bottom of the stairs at the start, when you're getting back out of there, you need to ride a lift, that rises and lowers fast, back to the stairs. If you walk onto the lift to trigger it to rise, then quickly get off it, its front side is missing a texture and has the default "I suck at making maps" on it.

I found a bug that prevents you from getting 100% items in MAP 30: The Lair.

One of the health bonuses in the row to the left here can't be picked up. Tested in D64EX and it can be picked up, but not in the N64.

20200414060134_1.jpg.2c2228d15c93b2a17b41018b0ff6af3f.jpg

2 hours ago, ZeroTheEro said:

I found a bug that prevents you from getting 100% items in MAP 30: The Lair.

One of the health bonuses in the row to the left here can't be picked up. Tested in D64EX and it can be picked up, but not in the N64.

This is an original N64 issue. Remember D64EX was missing some of the original collision, its differences have no relation to the current port and can't be used as a point of comparison, you must use N64 hardware for that.

For reference there's a way to get it from the plasma rifle secret, kinda awkward but it's possible.

Edit: Actually it turns out how to get it is itself a secret. You can lower the shelf, once it is all of them can be gotten.

Edited by Edward850

I was playing the Xbox One version and noticed a momentary stutter any time a new sound effect was played. I had this happen my first time firing a rocket after loading a save game, the first time I saw an Arachnotron, probably other cases that I don’t remember. It was really jarring at the time, but as I said the stutter only happened the first time those sound played.

Sorry I can’t provide a more useful bug report. I’ll try to remember to record a capture the next time I encounter this.

On 3/31/2020 at 1:47 PM, MadGuy said:

Another Issue is with the mouse wheel if you scroll it down it will reach the fists and the chainsaw and if you keep scrolling it will switch between those two, also if you scroll up it will reach the last weapon slot and it will stop here.

That’s how the controls worked in the n64 version too. You could scroll up or down your weapons. Going backwards gets you to your fists/chainsaw and cycles through just those two. Doesn’t do that for bfg and unmaker idk why. 

On 4/2/2020 at 6:55 PM, betabox said:

On Switch, if I use a password to unlock the cheat menu, is there a way to save it? I already got it by beating Hectic, but it somehow disappeared and don't feel like going through the level again.

I used this password “?tjlbdfwbfgvjvvb” to unlock the features menu in switch and after restarting it’s still there 

8 minutes ago, stinkfist said:

That’s how the controls worked in the n64 version too. You could scroll up or down your weapons. Going backwards gets you to your fists/chainsaw and cycles through just those two. Doesn’t do that for bfg and unmaker idk why. 

And why they kept it that way ? Don't get me wrong but this sounds like bad weapon switching design all together and at the very least it should be updated to how it works in modern FPS titles.

10 minutes ago, MadGuy said:

And why they kept it that way ? Don't get me wrong but this sounds like bad weapon switching design all together and at the very least it should be updated to how it works in modern FPS titles.

Well considering the n64 controller doesn’t have keys 1-9 they went with a kind weapons cycle. Why we can bounce around from fist to chainsaw and nothing else? The world may never know lol

On 4/5/2020 at 7:21 AM, betabox said:
  Hide contents

In Lost Levels map 2, after the ambush surrounding the red key, I didn't pick up the key because I wanted to go back to the previous areas to stock up in case of another ambush. However, there's no way to go back to the red key now? Just past the yellow key door, the opening is completely walled off atop the stairs, leaving the red key area inaccessible and blocking my progress.

On 4/5/2020 at 5:29 PM, betabox said:

Anybody who played lost levels can confirm the problem with the map in my previous post?

Just ran into this myself, on the switch. It's pretty stupid. Hope it gets fixed soon because I don't feel like replaying this broken map yet again for a while.

Not sure if this is an issue or something I'm doing wrong, but clearing platform gaps on the switch seems to be touch and go. With run on and the joystick full forward (or dpad bound to directions), sometimes the distance will get cleared, sometimes not.

Spoiler

The demon key area in outpost omega for example. Getting the armor in particular took me dozens of tries, both with joystick and using dpad up bound. Meanwhile in a video of someone playing on n64 they just saunter over easily (around 32:35 in below link). I ended up having to turn at 45 degrees to get over some gaps reliably. Also have issues crossing in alpha quadrant in the room with the center piece that rises up. Works maybe 50/50 for me.