Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chungy

Doom 64 (2020) issues

Recommended Posts

The aforementioned "-skipvideos" parameter didn't work for me. I worked around it by overwriting the video files (in the movies directory) with a little dummy video. Just extract this and replace all the files in that directory.

empty movies.zip

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, cybdmn said:

 

It isn't even on Beth, just Steam.

Come again? https://bethesda.net/en/store/product/DOLCNGPCBG01

26 minutes ago, chungy said:

The aforementioned "-skipvideos" parameter didn't work for me. I worked around it by overwriting the video files (in the movies directory) with a little dummy video. Just extract this and replace all the files in that directory.

empty movies.zip

Sorry, I typo'ed before, it's -skipmovies.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, cybdmn said:

Only got a message: "Something went wrong. Please try again."

Region lockout, maybe? I see the listing, but I am in the US.

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, cybdmn said:

 

Only got a message: "Something went wrong. Please try again."

 

No Doom64.

Works here, too. Which browser are you using? And OS?

Share this post


Link to post
Spoiler

In Lost Levels map 2, after the ambush surrounding the red key, I didn't pick up the key because I wanted to go back to the previous areas to stock up in case of another ambush. However, there's no way to go back to the red key now? Just past the yellow key door, the opening is completely walled off atop the stairs, leaving the red key area inaccessible and blocking my progress.

 

Share this post


Link to post

 

7 hours ago, Tony_Danza_the_boss said:

Unskippable 60 seconds of logos is so painful. Almost makes me not even want to play it

 

On 3/26/2020 at 12:56 PM, Edward850 said:

As you can imagine, this isn't something we just get to change. Chuck on -skipmovies.

Share this post


Link to post

So i bound strafe to left and right but i still turn while doing so. Pls halp (turning is not bound to arrows anymore)

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Deimos said:

So i bound strafe to left and right but i still turn while doing so. Pls halp (turning is not bound to arrows anymore)

They are still bound to arrows (the briliance of the keybinding in that port), you have to unbind the arrow keys from the turn left and right.

I did it by going to C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\Nightdive Studios\DOOM 64 and open the kexengine.cfg with notepad++ and deleted the bindings

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, VGA said:

Works here, too. Which browser are you using? And OS?

 

Does not matter, tried with Mac OSX and Windows 10, Safari and Firefox on Mac. Firefox, Chrome and Edge on Windows 10, seems to be a regional lock.

 

Edit: Tor Browser shows it.

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/2/2020 at 6:31 AM, Average said:

I'm not sure if these are bugs in the port or just being authentic to the original but  I feel like I get stuck on geometry quite often.  I don't have an N64 anymore so I can't go back and check but I don't remember being quite this 'sticky'.

 

 

So I'm just after noticing an odd bug in PsyDoom and it reminded me of this comment. I mention it since the N64 version is derived from the PS1 port, so presumably carried over a few of it's quirks.

 

I have a quick 60 FPS hack in PsyDoom at the minute that allows me run the game beyond its previous 30 FPS cap - albeit currently with some issues. Tonight, when testing Doom II's 'Entryway' map running at 60 FPS I found myself getting stuck trying to go back through this door from the outside area:

 

image.png.3988cdbbfd803c06b95ca5a892549878.png 

 

When I drop the game back down to its regular 30 FPS cap I can get through the door and past this column just fine. It seems as though some of the sliding behavior in this game might depend on the frame rate that the game is running at. Walls seem to be definitely more 'sticky' when the game is running at higher FPS.

 

I don't know if that specifically is a problem for D64 on PC (due to increased performance) and the game is meant to be demo compatible with the original, so perhaps not. Just thought I'd mention anyway in case it rings a bell for some of the devs.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, MadGuy said:

They are still bound to arrows (the briliance of the keybinding in that port), you have to unbind the arrow keys from the turn left and right.

I did it by going to C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\Nightdive Studios\DOOM 64 and open the kexengine.cfg with notepad++ and deleted the bindings

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post

If you rebind a command to its already-bound key, it unbinds it.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Tony_Danza_the_boss said:

Unskippable 60 seconds of logos is so painful. Almost makes me not even want to play it

Better that than another 20 + years for it to be ported :/

 

Share this post


Link to post

Found another error in Evil Sacrifice. From the underground area at the bottom of the stairs at the start, when you're getting back out of there, you need to ride a lift, that rises and lowers fast, back to the stairs. If you walk onto the lift to trigger it to rise, then quickly get off it, its front side is missing a texture and has the default "I suck at making maps" on it.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×