Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bjkelso

Doom 2

I was wondering,As i`m going to be new to Doom ,i want to buy the latest doom for my xp computer to get ready for doom 3 as i have heard it`s going to be very good,Now heres where i`m stumped-Is it doom 2?? theres alot of doom games out there(doom ,doom 2, ultimate doom,final doom,master levels doom,I just want the latest version for the single player mode..Any help??? Thanks a bunch.....

Get The DOOM Collector's Edition: The Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II, and Final DOOM, for $20. All of them are primarily single player games. You do not need a patch as it's the latest release. You might later want to check the many user modified engines, new maps and other addons once you get the games, but that is up to you and not a requirement.

bjkelso said:

I was wondering,As i`m going to be new to Doom ,i want to buy the latest doom for my xp computer to get ready for doom 3 as i have heard it`s going to be very good,Now heres where i`m stumped-Is it doom 2?? theres alot of doom games out there(doom ,doom 2, ultimate doom,final doom,master levels doom,I just want the latest version for the single player mode..Any help??? Thanks a bunch.....

Latest Doom is actually Final Doom, as it came out in 96. The best Doom, though, IMO, is Ultimate Doom. You can find out more about Doom/Ultimate, Doom2, Final Doom and the patches for UDoom and Doom2 here.
Also there are a lot of source ports available for said games, and the majority are very good.
Lastly, once you get ahold of Doom/2/Final, go here or here to get some levels to play once the original IWAD ones go stale.