Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A Nobody

New Doom Should Have Been Its Own Universe

I personally like the fact that Doomsayer and Doomguy are the same character since it makes him a much more interesting character, and makes his current level of power feel earned. However, it is totally ok to prefer that they be separate universes and honestly so of you guys are being a little harsh on Strife Commando.

I think it creates a lot of plotholes to have the entire series as one continuous canonical line. If the whole series is canon, then the demons invaded already in Doom 2 and the humans weren't prepared for the attack in Eternal? Can Plutonia and TNT even fit into the timeline?

22 hours ago, seed said:

Isn't there a way to play the original maps though? Iirc Turok had the same "issue" but the possibility was added back later.

Bit of a late response, but not to my knowledge, no. They were saying it would be a possibility, but I have not seen the OG maps uploaded anywhere. The editor isn't officially out either AFAIK, and hell, they haven't even fixed some really glaring bugs still in the game, like the turrets in the first room of level 5 shooting at floor height instead of from their barrels and some other stuff like that.

14 minutes ago, Antroid said:

Bit of a late response, but not to my knowledge, no. They were saying it would be a possibility, but I have not seen the OG maps uploaded anywhere. The editor isn't officially out either AFAIK, and hell, they haven't even fixed some really glaring bugs still in the game, like the turrets in the first room of level 5 shooting at floor height instead of from their barrels and some other stuff like that.

You could always message someone like Quasar or Edward850 you know :P

3 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

You could always message someone like Quasar or Edward850 you know :P

I've posted about these things enough in the steam discussions back in the day. Pretty much re-reported the bugs in every official bug report thread for a while. Not to mention complained a lot about the changed levels :> I didn't think increasing my level of pestering by DM'ing any of them would be appropriate. Besides, surely they must be aware of the issues at this point.

Yeah, bothering them even further would be a bad idea, I think they're tired of it - and no way unaware of at this point. They probably just can't give an answer at this time.

That being said, it makes me wonder why they didn't add the same niceties Turok 1 had. I've been reading that the OG had the same issues at launch but were rectified in a future update. I'm hoping the support for it isn't over, which may or may not explain why the issues never got fixed.

3 minutes ago, seed said:

I'm hoping the support for it isn't over, which may or may not explain why the issues never got fixed.

It would be nice to believe that :_(

I think Doom 2016 & Doom Eternal are both excellent continuations of the series. Doom 3 was a different approach and some people didn't like it and now with the recent games the experience is more in line with the original games but you're always going to have someone complaining about something somewhere.