Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nuclearfish010

Underhalls Speedrun

I think I found a new way to beat underhalls. At least I can't find anyone who did my way! Help me out here :) 

Edited by nuclearfish010

5 hours ago, nuclearfish010 said:

I think I found a new way to beat underhalls. At least I can't find anyone who did my way! Help me out here :) 

5 hours ago, nuclearfish010 said:

My quickest time on my first try was 47 seconds. 

Welcome to Doomworld nuclearfish010!

You need to provide some additional details. What route did you use? What difficulty did you play on? Was this just speed or was it a max run (given the time, I doubt it was a max run). What was different about this new way?

You could also post a video of you playing Underhalls and beating it with this new route. That would be immensely helpful if you want to know if anyone has ever finished the map that way.

1 hour ago, nuclearfish010 said:

No you can actually exit the level from the room you get the red key card. 

Unless you're talking about the weird secret level that the BFG edition had in MAP02, I don't understand how you can exit the level from the red key room. As far as I know, that room is not anywhere close to the exit switch. Then again, I know nothing about speedrunning so I don't know really. A video/Demo would be helpful.

Better provide a demo, if it isn't replicable with demo recording, whatever that is, it is probably not worth much.

On 3/29/2020 at 9:21 AM, nuclearfish010 said:

I'll try to post a video today. And no it's not a secret level. You can literally exit the level through that room. 

Yes, please share a demo as soon as you can. I don't know that anyone will be able to figure out what you did otherwise.

I agree with Zulk, I have no idea how you could exit from the red key room. I thought that maybe you found some sort of void glide, but the the exit room isn't even connected to the red key room by a void. They're not anywhere each other. There is a teleporter near the red key (I wouldn't call it the same room, but that's semantics), but it takes you to the start of the level, not ends the level. I don't know if you found some sort of strange glitch, but there shouldn't be any way, short of a modification of the map, for you to exit in the room where you get the red key (or even any room adjacent to that room).

My best guess is a Zero Press? But I think the exit switch is facing the wrong way for that.

21 hours ago, Andromeda said:

Yeah that's a leftover from the old XBox version. That was a quickly hashed together secret exit for a secret level. Speedrunning takes place on the unmodified PC version so that wouldn;t count (unless there's a seperate leaderboard but that just seems a waste of time).

23 hours ago, Andromeda said:

(A Video)

This is completely off topic but does anyone else find Doom to be more creepy when there is no music? Like there is nothing in the Doom II Iwad that is a challenge to me (not saying I won't die a couple of times due to bad plays) but when you turn of the music, I feel like an unstoppable monster is going to come out of nowhere and attack me. Is that just me?