Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Lone Wolf

DEAD ROSES (GOTHIC STYLE MAP PROJECT)

ABOUT ME:

-Hello there people, I just joined to this community. I was already playing classic DooM series before. I'm a student and an amateur level designer in departmant of Game designing in university. I worked with GLDsource, source engine, unreal(one of those old versions) and unity. I love building something. So when I found some videos about Doom Builder. I said why just don't make a map by myself. I made some maps but not released them until I learn this engine properly. I still have something to learn though.

ABOUT MY PROJECT:

-Here, some information of about my map project:

1- HEXEN format.

2- GOTHIC/MEDIAVEL style.

3- Some creepy and atmospheric musics.

4- Gigantic size map.

5- Custom sound effects.

-I started to build this map since a week. I will add as much as detail I can add into the map. So you would be able to feel atmospehere of the map. I'm using gothic texture pack from realm667 and tree sprites from zdoom forums. I showed my work to my friends and they loved it.

My first attempt to build this map, more 2d and no open space.

And this is my last and 4th attempt to build map.

I tested my map on GZdoom and Zandronum. It works fine but I have a questions for you.

1- I can add ligtning/thunder sound effects and it works when I run the map on GZDOOM builder(with mods like Brutal Doom) but when I run my map alone with source port the sound effect does not work(with mods again). What sould I do ?

1585077905_Castle Of Dead Roses.gif

001.PNG

002.PNG

003.PNG

18 hours ago, Adrian The GasMask Face said:

Sorry, looks like I posted my project to creative works instead of wads&mods. If admins help me to move my topic to wads&mods. I would be glad about it.

Edited by Adrian The GasMask Face

9 hours ago, Adrian The GasMask Face said:

1- I can add ligtning/thunder sound effects and it works when I run the map on GZDOOM builder(with mods like Brutal Doom) but when I run my map alone with source port the sound effect does not work(with mods again). What sould I do ?

It's impossible to say what the solution is exactly without seeing the wad, but it sounds like you've got some kind of resource wad/zip/etc. that's being included with GZDB but that you aren't loading properly when you run your map by yourself. Check the console (press `) for error messages that might help.

If you are interested in my project, visitor. I would upload it on MODDB and here but not here (creative works) to wads&mods. It would take some months to finish it. Before 1 day until I release this wad, I would also upload a short presentation video on youtube.