Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is a map me and @cr0ma worked on a while back. Recently found it and decided to post it for you guys to judge. Now, to be fair this is the first map im actually comfortable with posting so, lemme hear what you all have to say. Thanks!

Base.zip

Screenshot_Doom_20200327_165354.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200327_165452.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200327_165801.png

Edited by kist

Alright well it seems to be a very nicely done first map. Has a very consistent theme with a compact and consistently difficult layout. Only things I would say is to make the door for the soulsphere secret open much faster and to make the baron mandatory to kill cause you can completely cheese that. 

Otherwise a pretty good map, had fun with it. Good job!

Thanks man, and honestly I tried to make the Baron mandatory, but didn't and still don't know how, lol. Thanks again

4 minutes ago, kist said:

Thanks man, and honestly I tried to make the Baron mandatory, but didn't and still don't know how, lol. Thanks again

If your using GZDooMBuilder in UDMF format, here how to:

Make some sort of door in front of the exit, dont give it the door function, just bring the ceiling down and give the sector an unused tag

Select the baron, go to the Action/Tag/Misc section and give it the action "Door Open", filling out the Sector tag section with the tag you gave the door, the rest of the options are up to you.

And thats it!

Hmm, not bad little map. It has solid style, nice architecture and music, but the enemies are kinda lonely (except the last part)? Btw, if you would change that baron into archie, this fight would be much more interesting. 

On 3/27/2020 at 7:05 PM, Clippy said:

Okay, so after watching @Clippy's video (which I really enjoyed as it gave me insight to peoples reactions to my map), I realized there were some parts and areas that were messed up. First off: The monster situation was a mistake as I intended to delete him due to complications in my building skill, lol. Secondly, the end with the baron is easily skip able and overall just a lack of skill. Thirdly with the secrets and doors opening slowly which was also a lack of skill. Overall, not a bad first map I'd say, but definitely needs work. I plan to work on all these mistakes in the near future and am happy that I decided to post it. Thank you all.

On 3/27/2020 at 5:49 PM, nue said:

Make some sort of door in front of the exit, dont give it the door function, just bring the ceiling down and give the sector an unused tag

Select the baron, go to the Action/Tag/Misc section and give it the action "Door Open", filling out the Sector tag section with the tag you gave the door, the rest of the options are up to you.

And thats it!

problem: i dont see the action/tag/misc on the baron.

On 3/27/2020 at 6:34 PM, ValeriyPipick said:

Hmm, not bad little map. It has solid style, nice architecture and music, but the enemies are kinda lonely (except the last part)? Btw, if you would change that baron into archie, this fight would be much more interesting. 

I felt the baron was simple and considering it's concept is that of an early map, I feel the archvile would make it seem harder than intended.

On 3/27/2020 at 5:49 PM, nue said:

And thats it!

ive been trying to mess with it for a little bit and my map wont run on udmf for some reason. Any way to fix that?