Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
warman2012

Ammo Holy Grail Found?!

Found this. Might be useful. Click to go to the vid page to learn more. Edit: This is the first vid in the youtuber's series.

Edited by warman2012 : Replaced video with first in series.

1 hour ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

I can't tell if this video is satire or not. But yeah, the gameplay definitely looks dumbed down this way.

Guy seems to be using cheat engine. If he ain't and is using some kind of weird editing he's fooled me.

12 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

... Why would we need Cheat Engine when the console is still an ingame option? I'm a bit confused.

Cheat engine is supposed to unlock portions of the console not normally accessible. Though if any of the console options described were accessible already then I am ignorant of that.

13 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

... Why would we need Cheat Engine when the console is still an ingame option? I'm a bit confused.

I haven't tried it, but I think it's impossible to enter cheats like "GOD" or "GIVE ALL", let alone "IDDQD" and "IDKFA" in the console and have them work in the single-player campaign.

This is one thing I don't really like about modern games, that they don't allow cheats like this like they did back in the old days. And I wouldn't normally mind, seeing as how games in the last decade or so have been piss-easy, but this one certainly isn't.

I would like to be able to see all that the game has to offer and to be able to rip and tear with impunity, but it seems that's unlikely.

7 minutes ago, Foebane72 said:

I would like to be able to see all that the game has to offer and to be able to rip and tear with impunity, but it seems that's unlikely. 

Just play on a lower difficulty mode and find all the cheat disks, and then you can play with infinite ammo, including the Crucible, and just steamroll everything if you so please (outside of Slayer Gates.)

4 minutes ago, ptoing said:

Just play on a lower difficulty mode and find all the cheat disks, and then you can play with infinite ammo, including the Crucible, and just steamroll everything if you so please (outside of Slayer Gates.)

I don't think I'll be able to complete the game, even on Easy. That Icon of Sin final battle looks impossible to me.

33 minutes ago, Foebane72 said:

That Icon of Sin final battle looks impossible to me.

That fight gives you a lot of resources like instant blood punch refills, crucible refills as well as bfg ammo.

It looks much more fun to play when you don't have to worry about the ammo, especially in the early levels, makes me wonder why they changed the values so much from Doom 2016.

Just out of curiosity, I checked a pre-release gameplay video and addition to the older Doom 2016-style UI, the ammo counts are much more plentiful

1106101600_DOOMEternalPhobosGameplayReveal_PS4-SfeUDj_53D0-0001.png.e628f5ae466a43174e542ddd1e334235.png

Plasma gun holds 350 rounds.

963087214_DOOMEternalPhobosGameplayReveal_PS4-SfeUDj_53D0-0002.png.397aabeba502435c75afaa6dafe55b1a.png

SSG has 30 shells

1810840396_DOOMEternalPhobosGameplayReveal_PS4-SfeUDj_53D0-0004.png.154fd2bd51488ae062a2b6c24ca1cf90.png

Ballista 16 rounds

1012915668_DOOMEternalPhobosGameplayReveal_PS4-SfeUDj_53D0-0005.png.d96f468d7442ca4b891ebdf0063e16b0.png

Heavy cannon holds 210 rounds

312894434_DOOMEternalPhobosGameplayReveal_PS4-SfeUDj_53D0-0006.png.5e4a34b532e6d958c2a197e9a34de5df.png

Shotgun has 60 shells.

Really makes me think why did they change these values to drastically late in development.

Edited by johanness

15 minutes ago, johanness said:

Really makes me think why did they change these values to drastically late in development.

I feel the lower ammo count drove me to use my secondary kill methods (flame belch, chainsaw, specifically) a lot more than I would've otherwise. I was kinda forced into the new gameplay loop, which was awkward at first, but very satisfying once I got used to it.

2 hours ago, DadHoc said:

I feel the lower ammo count drove me to use my secondary kill methods (flame belch, chainsaw, specifically) a lot more than I would've otherwise. I was kinda forced into the new gameplay loop, which was awkward at first, but very satisfying once I got used to it.

So people don't get to SSG rampage their way through the game like they did in 2016

Oh hey this might be fun to play around with when i'm done with the main...

Cheat engine required

Yeah nah fuck that I'm not downloading malware just to mod Doom.

Also dear God how long are people going to be whinging about this.

3 hours ago, johanness said:

It looks much more fun to play when you don't have to worry about the ammo

I played a couple of levels with infinite ammo just to see what the experience is like when you don't have to worry about chainsawing enemies, and it felt much more one-dimensional. Without the need to switch between weapons as much or get in close for ammo refills, it just becomes running in a loop, and you only need to deviate if you need health.

Granted infinite ammo is a more extreme version than increased ammo caps, but it showed me I would have needed to engage my brain just that little bit less, and I think that would have been a loss.

I checked a pre-release gameplay video and addition to the older Doom 2016-style UI

Wow that UI is way better looking than the final product. Is there a way to make the HUD resemble it?

Hugo talks about this in a noclip podcast. 

Having now watched the video all the way through (at 2x speed after a while) I think this guy just sucks at Doom. Like I'm trash at games too it's fine whatever but my dude it is nowhere near as difficult as you're making it out to be to land a stickybomb on the arachnotron cannon, ESPECIALLY when this is clearly your second time through the game. Also his platforming about fourteen mintues in dear Lord.

I don't really understand the negative feedback this video is being given. True, Lava's way of playing the game isn't exactly the best, but I kinda feel that the video (Which I believe was made primarily to demonstrate a bunch of console commands someone found out) is being poorly treated and used as an excuse to shout "GIT GUD" at someone (As a sidenote, I'm getting really sick of hearing that).

4 hours ago, GamingMarine said:

I don't really understand the negative feedback this video is being given. True, Lava's way of playing the game isn't exactly the best, but I kinda feel that the video (Which I believe was made primarily to demonstrate a bunch of console commands someone found out) is being poorly treated and used as an excuse to shout "GIT GUD" at someone (As a sidenote, I'm getting really sick of hearing that).

You're not the only one who's tired of hearing the "Git Gud" routine. Maybe some players actually do play the devs' way and STILL want the higher ammo counts. Others just don't wanna be bothered with the tedious micro management. Why does the hive mind always gotta look down upon those who wanna play this game the original way? That attitude only reinforces my belief that people just eat what Triple A devs throw at them without questioning their decisions when it comes to certain titles.

5 hours ago, Super Mighty G said:

Hugo talks about this in a noclip podcast. 

Exact time code please.

1 hour ago, warman2012 said:

You're not the only one who's tired of hearing the "Git Gud" routine. Maybe some players actually do play the devs' way and STILL want the higher ammo counts. Others just don't wanna be bothered with the tedious micro management. Why does the hive mind always gotta look down upon those who wanna play this game the original way? That attitude only reinforces my belief that people just eat what Triple A devs throw at them without questioning their decisions when it comes to certain titles.

True.
And also, most of a games which have GIT GUD halo are actually not that hard. Dark souls series for example hard ONLY if you dont upgrade you weapon. And dont upgrade you armor. And dont use magic. And dont use pyromanty. And dont upgrade you stats. And...

32 minutes ago, Kronecker–Capelli said:

True.
And also, most of a games which have GIT GUD halo are actually not that hard. Dark souls series for example hard ONLY if you dont upgrade you weapon. And dont upgrade you armor. And dont use magic. And dont use pyromanty. And dont upgrade you stats. And...

Could you elaborate on what you're trying to convey with this post? Not really sure if you're trying to make fun of me or something else, so I thought I'd ask for clarification.

1 hour ago, Kronecker–Capelli said:

Exact time code please.

True.

The part where he says the game (eternal) felt too easy and none of the devs or testers wanted to play it because it was brain dead easy as fuck. Nothing could touch you, glory kills and push foward combat wasn’t gonna hold them this time. They made the race car the player drives faster but kept the track the same, the game was just boring to play.

Everything shown at quake con was basically fake footage he admitted to make it look fun (“looked cool but in reality all I needed to do was walk up and use a double barreled shotgun”), and after that was when they doubled down on game balance to actually make it play like the wanted. That part is within the first 10 minutes, the whole thing is worth a watch though.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

The more I hear about this Hugo Martin guy, the less I like him. He seems to have a JJ Abrams-sized ego about him, as if he's single-handedly brought id back from the brink of bankruptcy or something. Maybe he thinks he's the new John Romero, when I've heard Marty Stratton described that way instead.

13 minutes ago, Foebane72 said:

The more I hear about this Hugo Martin guy, the less I like him. He seems to have a JJ Abrams-sized ego about him, as if he's single-handedly brought id back from the brink of bankruptcy or something. Maybe he thinks he's the new John Romero, when I've heard Marty Stratton described that way instead.

Maybe he has an ego (I would took after helping resurrect a franchise) but the shit he says is pretty much masterful game design and ages very well when actually playing the game (correctly). Especially when talking about how they evaluated feedback from D2016, especially that polygon video. The way that video looked was not the reviewers fault, it was id's and they are fine with admitting that. This game essentially weeded out the "no way they should be playing that bad and be alive" issues 2016 had, which I guess for a minority of people, was not an issue it seems.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper

15 hours ago, warman2012 said:

Could you elaborate on what you're trying to convey with this post? Not really sure if you're trying to make fun of me or something else, so I thought I'd ask for clarification.

Just said that you right.
If I would trying to make fun of you I would use :) at the end of the sentence.

14 hours ago, Super Mighty G said:

5:40

14 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

The part where he says the game (eternal) felt too easy and none of the devs or testers wanted to play it because it was brain dead easy as fuck. Nothing could touch you, glory kills and push foward combat wasn’t gonna hold them this time. They made the race car the player drives faster but kept the track the same, the game was just boring to play.

Everything shown at quake con was basically fake footage he admitted to make it look fun (“looked cool but in reality all I needed to do was walk up and use a double barreled shotgun”), and after that was when they doubled down on game balance to actually make it play like the wanted. That part is within the first 10 minutes, the whole thing is worth a watch though.

Did not watch it completely, only like 30 minutes. Then then I noticed "batttletoads speedrun no death, turbo tunnel blind" in recommendations and jump to it. But I heard what I want to hear anyway, Hugo claimed responsibility to decide how players must get fun from the game.

On 3/28/2020 at 12:39 PM, Foebane72 said:

I don't think I'll be able to complete the game, even on Easy. That Icon of Sin final battle looks impossible to me.

by the time you get there you will have like 20 extra lives if you play on easy and do a little snooping around. trust me. 

4 hours ago, rampancy said:

by the time you get there you will have like 20 extra lives if you play on easy and do a little snooping around. trust me. 

I found the odd extra life here and there, but they got used up when I got killed in the middle of battles. What was I supposed to do, reload checkpoint?

youve just got to stick with it.  i would say always default to the scoped rifle so you can start hitting weakpoints immediately and always chainsaw as often as you can the zombies and imps. put all your slayer crystals into ammo upgrades first then health, then armor. use the stagger longer and further away glory kill runes. 

there are like 3 extra lives in exultia. nothing wrong with farming if you have too.