Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roby Lla

Can I use your maps please?

To be honest that was probably the least important takeaway from my message. Your project has absolutely no context, nobody will understand what it is you're looking for and as such don't have the necessary information to provide maps which fit your vision, whatever that is.

I am making a game using gzdoom and I need mappers.I need duke nukem 3d like maps and maybe uac ultra like maps.

25 minutes ago, Roby Lla said:

I am making a wad and I need maps for it.

No thanks. Next time you show up here, better include some clarification or more details as Dragonfly said. Bye. 

Sounds like you (almost) want to make a community project. Have a look at my thread for some good examples of how to make posts like these.

Good luck with your vague post, otherwise.

So if it's a GZDoom project, why are you limiting to Doom in Hexen format? that's a surefire way of making it way harder to make maps that fit the vision. UDMF format isn't that scary, fam.
I'd suggest putting out a demo map to demonstrate what you want out of the mappers that will want to possibly map for this.

I don't make maps only because I suck at making them.I am only a good doom player and I wanted to make a game like dusk but free and inthe doom engine

You'd be better spent honing your own set of mapping skills like the rest of us instead of hoping others will do the work for you. Every single person here 'sucked at making maps' when they started up. Buckle in and join the grind.

1 minute ago, Roby Lla said:

I don't make maps only because I suck at making them.I am only a good doom player and I wanted to make a game like dusk but free and inthe doom engine

then learn.

Just now, Roby Lla said:

Well It's not that I cannot make them.I can in fact.I don't believe in myself thats all.

then that's a different problem. if you need help that's what this forum and the tons upon tons of discord servers regarding doom are for. but it's downright lazy to just expect people to make maps for you, and you're doing yourself a disservice. sit down, buckle up, get into the editor and get some lines down, don't expect it to be a masterpiece. rinse and repeat.

5 minutes ago, Roby Lla said:

I don't believe in myself thats all.

Then nobody will believe in you as a project leader. Sorry if this all comes across as harsh, but maybe if I put it into a metaphor for you, you'd understand better.

You need to learn to walk before you can run - here however you're not even trying to run, you're trying to place for gold medal in the 100m sprint at the Olympics.

Slow down, learn the basics. 

Thanks,I am like this because when I started making doom maps and post them some users started insulting me.

Just now, Roby Lla said:

Thanks,I am like this because when I started making doom maps and post them some users started insulting me.

so? fuck 'em! if it was actual criticism though, take it into consideration and fold it into your mapping. but you won't learn without feedback.

• First of all, gather some experience in terms of maps to actually show what you can do.
  • Second of all, gather some guts to start believing that YOU can do it instead of spitting vague conditions in order to get help.
  • Third of all, better continue learning english as hard as you can. It'll come in handy, believe me...
  • And most importantly, fourth of all, people here can help you for sure. They don't bite. As long as you don't go harsh (and get a returning harsh opinion), you'll be fine.

I would recommend first getting the basics in Vanilla and Boom format rather than jumping directly into UDMF, which can be overwhelming for new mappers. There are plenty of tutorials all over YouTube explaining all you need to know.