Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GhostPlayer

[Heavy Maps] Nine Ghostly Levels - Test your agility Yeahhh!!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Hi Doomers :D

 

q2w925i.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attention: this is a WAD with a very high difficulty.

If you don't like this kind of difficulty, I recommend playing it easy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Only 9 levels, the intention is to see how much they have of skill when playing doom, they will need a very high skill and a reading of very good game.

 

The difficulty is based on agility, infigthing and saving ammunition.

Levels are short, but very intense in battles (not suitable for claustrophobes)

 

Pics:

Spoiler

wQxhx4W.png

QAwjUiS.png

ViI2sBf.png

PnEddad.png

Sg8MO7y.png

BhtoDCp.png

FWuaryb.png

0aWFcy8.png

DxRieTH.png

 

 

(V0.7) Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/56m9tlhd453hcgw/GhostLevel_Doomworld.zip/file

 

 

Below is a brief summary of the difficulty.

-> UV (Very Hard) = 100%
-> HMP (Medium) = 50%
-> HNTR (Easy)   = 30%

 

 

I hope you have fun and sorry for my English

 

 

*** if you come across any problems let me know ***

Edited by GhostPlayer : Modify maps

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Austinado said:

Its slaughter then? More information if you may...

yes, but in easy it's not that difficult

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, GhostPlayer said:

yes, but in easy it's not that difficult

 

Lol..is not that difficult...but you advertise it like most difficult maps...

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Austinado said:

 

Lol..is not that difficult...but you advertise it like most difficult maps...

I am working on one that is not slaughter map. I highlight the difficulty in UV very much. in the others it is not so complicated

Share this post


Link to post

Looks interesting, might have to give it a try sometime soon. You might want to credit some people cause those mugshots look like they were from Mordeth.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, nue said:

Looks interesting, might have to give it a try sometime soon. You might want to credit some people cause those mugshots look like they were from Mordeth.

Those pics are from my levels. If you talk about textures are all the credits within the WAD

Share this post


Link to post

I guess im not too much agile...got to map02...could not find the red key...but i had fun! Quite challenging and fun...nice.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

@GhostPlayer that is in the first map...and i got it. I meant in map02...after killing the Cyber...i could not find the red key...anywhere..

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Austinado said:

that is in the first map...and i got it. I meant in map02...after killing the Cyber...i could not find the red key...anywhere..

I forgot to indicate the red key D": I had to give it more lighting

uTm8Lwu.png

ozR4ahU.png

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Played the first map, and it is indeed pretty hard. Although there was nowhere near enough health for it to be fun, in my opinion. To get out of the first room alone, you have to fight a cyber, around 15 barons, 10 chaingunners, 3 or 4 archviles, and a handful of revenants in an incredibly tight space. And what health do you get? 1 medikit. Also it seems there's some essential items are hidden in secrets, meaning if you don't find the secrets you're absolutely screwed, which I don't like. Seriously I looked in the editor and there's like 4 megaspheres hidden in secrets. I get you want to make it really hard and that's fine, but if you want them to be more fun you should probably make the secrets a little less overpowered. It also looks like finding no secrets means you have to play the whole first half of the map with only 1 medikit and some health bonuses.

 

And again, this is just personal preference, I get that people like maps to be this kind of hard, but personally, I don't want to play a map where I have to find all the secrets to be able to play it. Honestly it's kind of a shame because this looks like the kind of map I would love, it's just I'm not willing to RNG my way through the first room with only a medikit. Simply adding a megasphere in the first room would probably make it miles better.

 

Also you should probably put in the OP that it's ZDoom compatible.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Arbys550 said:

Played the first map, and it is indeed pretty hard. Although there was nowhere near enough health for it to be fun, in my opinion. To get out of the first room alone, you have to fight a cyber, around 15 barons, 10 chaingunners, 3 or 4 archviles, and a handful of revenants in an incredibly tight space. And what health do you get? 1 medikit. Also it seems there's some essential items are hidden in secrets, meaning if you don't find the secrets you're absolutely screwed, which I don't like. Seriously I looked in the editor and there's like 4 megaspheres hidden in secrets. I get you want to make it really hard and that's fine, but if you want them to be more fun you should probably make the secrets a little less overpowered. It also looks like finding no secrets means you have to play the whole first half of the map with only 1 medikit and some health bonuses.

 

And again, this is just personal preference, I get that people like maps to be this kind of hard, but personally, I don't want to play a map where I have to find all the secrets to be able to play it. Honestly it's kind of a shame because this looks like the kind of map I would love, it's just I'm not willing to RNG my way through the first room with only a medikit. Simply adding a megasphere in the first room would probably make it miles better.

Excellent observation. I concentrated on making it difficult but didn't pay attention to it. I have to correct those things. So I wanted people to fence me in making corrections to keep it balanced.

 

I will edit those problems and re-edit it to make it more pleasant

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, GhostPlayer said:

Excellent observation. I concentrated on making it difficult but didn't pay attention to it. I have to correct those things. So I wanted people to fence me in making corrections to keep it balanced.

 

I will edit those problems and re-edit it to make it more pleasant

Okay. And again, don't feel forced. If you want to keep it that brutal, don't let one person's feedback change your mind.

Share this post


Link to post

The screenshots look great !, I'm going to play it as soon as I can, good job!

Share this post


Link to post
21 minutes ago, Arbys550 said:

Okay. And again, don't feel forced. If you want to keep it that brutal, don't let one person's feedback change your mind.

The problem is that my game mode little understand it. I want to learn to balance the levels well. Although I like the levels in this way, I have to make it passable for other people as well, for that I have to learn and listen to opinions. But to be honest, some levels are masochistic,
and that to grab if or if the secrets the truth is annoying xD

So thanks for the comment :"D

 

PD: I was guided by the difficulty of the chillax. But not so extreme (plis google traductor)

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Fix some bugs in the maps, relocate monsters and balance ammo and hp

I already modified the wad and replaced the link with the current one.

 

Thanks @Arbys550 for the recommendation. 

Thanks @Austinado for showing me about the red key

 

PD: Notify if they find another problem at the textures or bugs level

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×