Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dr. DiegO

Can someone recommend me a gore mod (Preferably not a derivative or directly made by SGtMarkIV)

I was trying to find a gore mod for Doom/Doom II, the mod i found is the famous (I think) SGtMarkIV's Ketchup Doom and Bolognese Gore (Ketchup spiritual successor), i recently discover the curious case of SGtMarkIV and the criticism of it's mods, especially BRUTAL DOOM, so I've been trying to find an alternative of Ketchup. 

I want a simple gore mod, no derivatives of Brutal Doom, please.

NashGore - The original gore mod, universally compatible.

Droplets  - Gore mod simplified, also universally compatible.

By the way, hating somebody's work because that somebody is a dickhead is kind of childish. This somebody has also moved on since.

And yet, it is never wrong to have more alternatives. I personally really like the gore found in "Smooth Doom". You might want to check this one out as well.

1 hour ago, elend said:

And yet, it is never wrong to have more alternatives. I personally really like the gore found in "Smooth Doom". You might want to check this one out as well.

I wasn't trying to criticize him for asking for me alternatives, lol.

3 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

NashGore - The original gore mod, universally compatible.

Droplets  - Gore mod simplified, also universally compatible.

By the way, hating somebody's work because that somebody is a dickhead is kind of childish. This somebody has also moved on since.

I really don't hate SGtMarkIV, the reason is that I heard that the mods of it are very unstable and disastrous at the programming level in extreme cases to be risky for the system. Also, I don't really like Brutal Doom, I prefer Project Brutality instead, but I want something that doesn't change the gameplay too much. You may see me as salty, but I'm not a Brutal Doom's fan, and i don't really like to support that kind of people.

2 hours ago, elend said:

I already tried that, i try to find that kind of gore outside Smooth Doom.

54 minutes ago, Dr. DiegO said:

I really don't hate SGtMarkIV, the reason is that I heard that the mods of it are very unstable and disastrous at the programming level in extreme cases to be risky for the system. ....You may see me as salty, but I'm not a Brutal Doom's fan, and i don't really like to support that kind of people.

Oh, I was wrong, then. Yes, Brutal Doom's code is super messy due Mark's extreme coding skills, he just jam whatever code he sees fit into the mod back in the day.

Speaking of Brutal Doom's optimization, I recommend you to check out Brutal Doom Lite

Spoiler
  • It's Brutal Doom with rewritten code.
  • It's more lightweight. No cutting edge features like reloading, altfires and such.
  • Capable of running on older hardware.
  • Because of the stripped down features, it's also closer to a vanilla Doom experience.
  • (It's not made by Mark).

Edited by TheNoob_Gamer