Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeyScoots

Doom II - Hell Unleashed (Doom 2 Remake WIP)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

10406541_1412633805649922_3000951830277104086_n.jpg.e5e076f11e9fd06f66623ead9402911f.jpg

Screen1.jpg.1de7df41196eadb70fdf93cd2baf0559.jpg

screen2.jpg.12a11d52a75d784260ca06992471b230.jpgscreen3.jpg.7aa6796ee031a69eaf764590be000823.jpgscreen4.jpg.77dc3ebc1fa379bfe7921ca2ff3f68b4.jpgscreen1-1.jpg.c35e8a02abb210288f653f52c0fa7655.jpgscreen1-2.jpg.49176f0853b0ce1bce9316195b744481.jpgscreen1-4.jpg.1c693bfa62c47a9a17ccc00ba6e669c2.jpgscreen1-5.jpg.dd1d7d5bbc217ebf8af97dc8c7f3d98a.jpg

Episode I Progress:

===============

Map 01 - N/A

MAP 02 - 15% Complete

Map 03 - 85% Complete

Map 04 - 25% Complete

Map 05 - N/A

Map 06 - N/A

Map 07 - N/A

===============

Hell Unleashed is a Gzdoom remake of Doom 2 that sets to remake all levels, add additional monster varients(over 25+), a brand spanking new soundtrack, weapon and AI behavior, cut-scenes and more.

 

CURRENTLY SEEKING:

Gzdoom Mappers

Texture/Sprite Artists

Musicians

Coders

 

Follow on Facebook!

Hell Unleashed - Facebook

(This guy might think we're cool, or something.)

821724494_AdrianCarmack.jpg.45dcb567ee1e4e16983e0cec6ba7fbd4.jpg

 

Discord:

https://discord.gg/XMRKnup

 

Video Footage in action: (Using Bdlite for example purposes, all custom enemies are from Realm667. Textures by Otex/Ukiro)

 

 

 

screen1-3.jpg

screen1-6.jpg

Edited by MikeyScoots

Share this post


Link to post

A re-imagination of DooM 2? Heh. I'm down. :)

I mostly do mapping as I suck at composing music and my artwork is generally cartoony.

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

A re-imagination of DooM 2? Heh. I'm down. :)

I mostly do mapping as I suck at composing music and my artwork is generally cartoony.

 

Basically. You can add new areas, area's that feel like they would've fit the theme. What levels you wanna grab?

Share this post


Link to post

I like what I see in the screenshots. There have been a number of these remakes. Here's a recent one that comes to mind. 

Is that not what you're going for? You say you're incorporating PB. That's going to instantly make many people here not interested. Will it be required to play this?

Well, good luck to ya.

Share this post


Link to post

If this gets a bit of traffic, I'll do:

 

MAP 07 - Dead Simple (If you're okay with me completely re-designing this map).

MAP 23 - Barrels O' Fun

MAP 01 - Entryway

MAP 08 - Tricks and Traps

 

2 questions though:

1 - How are maps 31 and 32 going to be handled?

2 - Do you have a resource pack I can use? (even if it's just a beta version, you can update it as you progress and update this post overtime).

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Bryan T said:

I like what I see in the screenshots. There have been a number of these remakes. Here's a recent one that comes to mind. 

Is that not what you're going for? You say you're incorporating PB. That's going to instantly make many people here not interested. Will it be required to play this?

Well, good luck to ya.

I saw this before, but they did not "re-master" the levels at all. It still looks like it came out of 1994, no disrespect to the mappers. Im going for a modern gzdoom remake.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

If this gets a bit of traffic, I'll do:

 

MAP 07 - Dead Simple (If you're okay with me completely re-designing this map).

MAP 23 - Barrels O' Fun

MAP 01 - Entryway

MAP 08 - Tricks and Traps

 

2 questions though:

1 - How are maps 31 and 32 going to be handled?

2 - Do you have a resource pack I can use? (even if it's just a beta version, you can update it as you progress and update this post overtime).

Just start with Episode 1 for now. Take Map 01 and 07. Resource file is here: https://easyupload.io/qwbz8d

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Bryan T said:

I like what I see in the screenshots. There have been a number of these remakes. Here's a recent one that comes to mind. 

Is that not what you're going for? You say you're incorporating PB. That's going to instantly make many people here not interested. Will it be required to play this?

Well, good luck to ya.

 

I can't exactly INCORPORATE it, I just don't have the skills nor the knowledge to create my own gameplay update. I myself am not a fan of everything in there, but the rifle, pistol, and shotgun's are the highlights IMO

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Horus said:

Did you also try the ZDoom forums?

 

Not yet, but thats my next destination. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×