• David Gilmour
    • Jimmy Page
    • B.B. King
    • Lou Reed
    • Pete Townshend
    • Alex Lifeson
    • Neil Young
    • Other (please elaborate)

Recently I've been listening to more classic rock. Led Zeppelin, The Velvet Undrground, The Beatles, and Pink Floyd barley scratch the surface.

Anyways, go ahead and vote.

Eric Clapton, Mark Knopfler, Jimmy Page and Neil Young are all among the gods. Keith Richards too. And... many others :)

That list is a joke, but the voting is making sense since "other" is winning, quite.

Some of those listed may be the "heroes" of R&R, but the Gods are Chuck Berry, Elvis Presley, and others. And no, I'm not that old.

Sephiroth said:

say anyone from limp bizket or linkin park, and you WILL be shot!!

yeah, two bands that know nothing of real music.

Why not add Hendrix and (that guy from Rage Against The Machine -- whether you like the band or not doesn't matter -- have you HEARD the insane guitar stuff?) to the list?

Sephiroth said:

say anyone from limp bizket or linkin park, and you WILL be shot!!

Imp Bizkit however, is very talented.

..That band with the uhh, guys with uhh, the hair, and uh, stuff, ya...ya know, they had those songs that they sang and stuff, ya...Definately them.

To tell you the truth, I don't think I've listened to most of these. Some ring a bell, such as B.B. King, but most don't.

Though, the dude playing the guitar on Geese Howard's stage on the Real Bout Fatal Fury Special, CD version, gets my vote. Freekin' crazy man. If you don't believe me, I'll send you a sample of the mp3 that made me think this way (not the entire thing, but the cool guitar section. Go use Kazaa).

Wobbo said:

HOW THE FUCK IS JIMI HENDRIX NOT AN OPTION?

Because he was a crappy songwriter. Guitar skills don't matter.

Kill yourself. How could he possibly have been a crappy sngwriter?MAchinegun Manic depresion and Purple Haze are Hednrix songs, and besides, who in the thread said guitar skills dont matter any way? EVen if you right he deserves to be on the list.

PS. dont kill yourself i was kidding

Insomniac's question was:
Who is your favorite guitarist?

Fredrik said:

Guitar skills don't matter.

In that case my favourite guitarist is Albert Einstein.

Fredrik said:

2 great songs don't stand up to 50.

but 70 gret songs do stand up to 50, especially when his guitar skills allowed for thousands of different improvisations in the same song.

so because of guitar skills jimi essentially has 300 excellent songs standing up to whoever you were thinking about

thats why its important to be a good live player and improviser than a songwriter

and nobody ever said anything about songwriting skills excetp you. Jimi hendrix is a god of rock and roll, in my opinion the greatest. He deserves to be on the list

Warren "The Mutanboy" Fitgerald, from the Vandals. For being a retarded psycopath who does nothing but run around naked on the stage masturbating with his guitar, he can still do some pretty good guitar work.