Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomguy-1993

What do you want for DLC?

I'd like some more hell based levels, and it would be awesome if they bring in the unused Hell Lords from the art book as bosses.

My guess base don the Phobos action figure's existence: a campaign with you as Phobos, fighting for the ARC prior to the Slayer's return to the fight. 

Wouldn't mind a DLC with Crash either, honestly. 

1 hour ago, LtAkilla said:

i would like a nice story dlc like an origin story for the slayer 

That exists though, it's called The Ultimate Doom and Doom II: Hell on Earth.

A campaign bridging the events of DOOM 16 and Doom Eternal. I want to see how Doomguy got out of Hell, acquired the Sentinel Battle Station and made its way to Earth.

36 minutes ago, BBQgiraffe said:

some of the og Doom and Doom II maps remastered 

I would LOVE to see some of them in the new engine reinterpreted with Doom Eternal's assets!

19 minutes ago, Phobos Anomaly said:

I would LOVE to see some of them in the new engine reinterpreted with Doom Eternal's assets!

A Phobos or Crash dlc that takes place during the early part of the invasion would be a great excuse for them to remake some Doom2 levels like Suburbs, or Industrial Zone. After all Hell on Earth is sort of a remake of Downtown.

2 hours ago, Phobos Anomaly said:

That exists though, it's called The Ultimate Doom and Doom II: Hell on Earth.

i had no idea they were connected

@LtAkilla

In the cutscene just before you fight the Gladiator, there's a flashback to when they first met Doomguy. He was called an outsider that mysteriously showed up in their realm - he was wearing the old armor and helmet. After Doom 64 when he chose to stay in hell, he got sent somehow to Argent D'Nur after some time. Thus - Doomguy from The Ultimate Doom, Doom II: Hell on Earth and Doom 64 is the Doom Slayer. Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal are actually sequels to the classics!

21 minutes ago, Phobos Anomaly said:

After Doom 64 when he chose to stay in hell, he got sent somehow to Argent D'Nur after some time.

The new D64 levels explain it, the shockwave from the second Mother Demon's death teleports you out of hell, and into Argent D'Nur.

Some new enemy types. I would love to see some old monsters from Doom 3 and Doom 2016 make their return, and there are still some roles to be filled, gameplay-wise. The Arch Vile behaves differently enough from the Summoner that the latter could have still been included. Plus, with the emphasize on farming fodder enemies for resources, she can be the one teleporting new demons in. It would also be a twist on the classic spawner-enemy: historically, spawner enemies (like Arch Vile, Pain Elemental, and Summoner) have a level of priority to them, so they don't overwhelm you with enemies. But in the case of Eternal, its better to let her hang around for a bit to indirectly supply you with health and ammo.

The Maggots, Wraiths, Trites, or Ticks would work as fodder, melee-only enemies that are also lacking. The Pinky in the new games are a singular, heavy enemy that you're meant to exploit it's weak point. This keeps it from being used in hordes like it could in the classic games (think Doom 2: The courtyard, Doom 64: Unholy Temple, etc.) Ticks or Trites especially would work in this role (they basically did in Doom 3, anyway).  

59 minutes ago, Doomguy-1993 said:

The new D64 levels explain it, the shockwave from the second Mother Demon's death teleports you out of hell, and into Argent D'Nur.

Does it say that? The premise is you're pulled out of Hell, and battling your way back, but the ending never makes any mention of Argent D'Nur.

I'd prefer if they continued the story rather than filling in gaps in the past. A few new enemies and environments would be nice, though I'm not sure what's the scale of DLC they're aiming for. We set a few Titans loose across Taras Nabad and Nekroval, maybe a DLC where the Slayer hunts them down after killing the Icon? That could evoke a little of Final Doom spirit, since those episodes featured additional Icons (AKA Titans) as final bosses after the events of Doom II. We even have two DLCs: one would be for TNT, the other for Plutonia!

So far I expect a direct continuation of the main story, with one DLC containing 1-3 new levels and maybe one or two new enemies. Maybe the Pistol may come back, which would be nice.

18 minutes ago, Chaddyboy said:

Does it say that? The premise is you're pulled out of Hell, and battling your way back, but the ending never makes any mention of Argent D'Nur.

"You had not expected to be torn from Hell so soon after your fateful decision. Getting back there was your only concern.The plans of the Sister Ressurector to exterminate you have failed. A grim vision takes hold of your mind as the demon carcasses steam in your wake. Stretched before you is a path of PERPETUAL TORMENT...A path through DOOM..."

The Doom Eternal cutscene picks up directly after this. Basically Doomguy gets kicked out of Hell, lands in Argent D'nur, the rest is history.

1 minute ago, Doomguy-1993 said:

"You had not expected to be torn from Hell so soon after your fateful decision. Getting back there was your only concern.The plans of the Sister Ressurector to exterminate you have failed. A grim vision takes hold of your mind as the demon carcasses steam in your wake. Stretched before you is a path of PERPETUAL TORMENT...A path through DOOM..."

The Doom Eternal cutscene picks up directly after this. Basically Doomguy gets kicked out of Hell, lands in Argent D'nur, the rest is history.

It doesn't say though that you landed in Argent D'nur. And the cutscene in Eternal doesn't give any indication that it was immediately after the Lost Levels. The only indication is that you're fighting your way BACK in to Hell. There was probably a lot of time between staying in Hell and winding up in Argent D'Nur.

To slay (rip, tear, and punch) big titan demons and stomping on the small regular demons while piloting your giant mech suit of DOOM.

Rabbit pet petting in your Fortress of Doom.

People said they wanted like a hoard based gamemode so his time with the sentinels could be a way to fit that into the lore