Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomguy-1993

What do you want for DLC?

One DLC which is set between 2016 and Eternal and one between 64 and 2016. I would like co-op, even split screen if it is possible.

a collection of skins (weapons+enemies) of the previous game so we can play D2016 in Eternal.

what happened between 2016 and Eternal

7 hours ago, Doomguy-1993 said:

"You had not expected to be torn from Hell so soon after your fateful decision. Getting back there was your only concern.The plans of the Sister Ressurector to exterminate you have failed. A grim vision takes hold of your mind as the demon carcasses steam in your wake. Stretched before you is a path of PERPETUAL TORMENT...A path through DOOM..."

The Doom Eternal cutscene picks up directly after this. Basically Doomguy gets kicked out of Hell, lands in Argent D'nur, the rest is history.

As the writer of that text, I was definitely not implying this. If anything, I'm implying that the road ahead is long and torturous and that you have many parts of the Slayer Testaments to go through before you ever get so far. Considering Doomguy is a shambling raving mess when the Sentinels find him, I think he's been fighting in Hell for a long long time.

It is of course up to id Software to show us more details if they ever feel like it.

1 hour ago, Hofmann said:

even split screen if it is possible.

I have been craving for coop since Doom 4. But splitscreen in this game is impractical due to how fast paced this game is.

31 minutes ago, Quasar said:

As the writer of that text, I was definitely not implying this. If anything, I'm implying that the road ahead is long and torturous and that you have many parts of the Slayer Testaments to go through before you ever get so far. Considering Doomguy is a shambling raving mess when the Sentinels find him, I think he's been fighting in Hell for a long long time.

It is of course up to id Software to show us more details if they ever feel like it.

Thanks for clearing that up. I obviously misinterpreted it.

14 hours ago, User Name said:

I want to see the slayers time with the Sentinels fighting off the demon hordes.

I wish Bethesda would commission a new Doom comic that takes place during the unholy crusade. It would answer a lot of lore questions without having to show them in game. They could get IDW to publish it.

A certain giant body in a certain pool of liquid would be a great catalyst for DLC.

It would also have the original trilogy's boss order repeat itself, bringing the games full circle.

More levels like Super Gore Nest, other things are great already, so anything ridiculous in terms of lore and locations will be fine))

So many ideas I don't know where to start.

1.  More varying hell levels.  We have really only seen a handful of tilesets.

2.  More demons such as the Commando, Scaled down version of the Spider Mastermind (Dread Widow), and Doom 3 monsters such as the bruiser and vulgur.

3.  Harder demon variants of existing demons to be used in different master level modes or singleplayer.

4.  Return to the 2016 campaign with all of Eternals bells and whistles!

5.  What happened between the events of the Eternal and 2016?

6.  A Bot mode for Battlemode and honestly this should happen before DLC

7.  Empowered demon skins

8.  The hub expanded and any new content be launched from the hub to continue the story or relive past events.  Hub also needs a armory for BFG and crucible ammo.

9.  Cooperative Multiplayer Mode

* On the subject of Hell levels, take more elements from classic Hell/Inferno in 1/2 because there's so much you can do with the textures, props, objects and theme. it's a devilish and abstract mix of different ideas and while Nekravol was good, it was more Doom 64-ish than classic Doom-ish. not a bad thing but the original Doom's always had an unique and versatile Hell.

* On Phobos, maybe for the fun of it, "remaster" some of the iconic textures, like the STARTAN-likes, blue carpet floor, hexagon tile floors and justify the grey mountains background with Phobos being terraformed or something?

* Hell on Earth: you can do so much with this for the sake of variety and different places to visit, whether or not some are remakes of Doom 2 levels that keep some geometry/architecture bits but make the levels resemble the original names more (factory, downtown, citadel etc) and feel like what original id would love to make.

* One chapter dedicated to "reality bending", so different worlds and themes are mixed by bits. like, Hell is corrupting reality to the point dimensions are merging and you see parts of Earth, Hell, Mars, Phobos, Argenta, Heaven etc everywhere, as a tribute to those classic levels where worlds colide. (could be an excuse for Super Mario Galaxy/Gravity Rush/Prey 07 gravity bending levels or non euclidean geometry, so the player walks on ceilings and all.

* There was a lot of good stuff in the concept art book, like the more demonic/less human Hell Priests, Erebus/Hell Royality, that traditiona Icon of Sin room, some of the enemy designs etc.

* Use the pistol that is in the game's files. (i've seen someone comparing Eternal's cut pistol to the rifle gun in Doom's box cover art.

* Maybe just a lot of cut content and ideas from the series and previous games being used.

* At some point, make Crash and Phobos playable.

* More of Heaven, whether or not it's even related to Urdak.

* Either new weapons or skins/mods for those, like an HD remaster of the 64 Unmaker.

* New enemy types, whether original types or returning from previous games, i even keep talking about enemy concepts that i think could work https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/112438-new-gameplay-footage-for-the-doomhunter-spoilers/?tab=comments#comment-2090829

* Maybe a better use of some level features like swimming being a bit more used or the slow-down purple goo being used as something players want to avoid (like lava and traps) instead of being part of the main paths.

* New things in levels, specially stuff that feels like tributes and nods to what you see in levels from Hexen or Rise of The Triad.

* I thought power ups weren't used that often, so make them show up a bit more.

4 hours ago, whatup876 said:

* More of Heaven, whether or not it's even related to Urdak.

I wouldn't mind if they fleshed out the cosmology a bit more. What if Urdak is just the lowest layer of a higher dimensional space? Much like the medieval concept of heavenly spheres where you had the seraphim, cherubim, powers, thrones, archangels, etc.

So the first two DLCs are SP content so I'd imagine that will be prologue and epilogue stuff. I hate DLC that doesn't carry over (items etc) into the main campaign, hopefully they don't do that here. 

I would like to see a fleshed out invasion/hoard MP mode along the line. 

I want the ability to charge up your melee by holding it down then unleashing a massive ground pound. This game seems ripe for something like that! 

1 hour ago, Heejyhorang said:

I want the ability to charge up your melee by holding it down then unleashing a massive ground pound. This game seems ripe for something like that

hmmm. Actually powers like Rage 2 would be awesome. Rage 2 is an amazing game combat-wise. Powers like Shatter are incredible 

Just more locations and bosses would be good enough.  A Plutonia style mapset would be really cool too.

13 minutes ago, MassiveEdgelord said:

None because DLC is bad. Everything should be in the main game on day 1.

Under that logic I guess Plutonia and Evilution should have been in Doom 2 day 1.

Man I miss the 90's/early 2000's when people were actually excited to get expansion packs, now they see more content as a bad thing.

7 hours ago, Doomguy-1993 said:

Under that logic I guess Plutonia and Evilution should have been in Doom 2 day 1.

Man I miss the 90's/early 2000's when people were actually excited to get expansion packs, now they see more content as a bad thing.

A better example would be Thy Flesh Consumed. They didn't include that in the release because the fourth episode didn't even exist at that point.

As well as just more Doom Eternal campaign content:

- Co-op, co-op, co-op.  In some form at least. I imagine the third-person glory kill animation work is a huge barrier though. Personally, I'd love a mode that removes the watch-a-thousand-mini-cutscenes aspect of the game anyway.

- Combat sandbox level which gradually ramps up the difficulty until you die.

- Even one level remade from the originals, just to see how something more exploratory and non-linear would feel. I reckon Doom Eternal's engine performance is so good it could manage the enemy count too, even if it meant cutbacks on e.g. background detail.

- I'd like some platforming-only challenge levels. I'm a weirdo, but hey, I think DE did a good job of FP platforming except that many of the platforming sections were so easy as to be almost pointless other than as a flavour change and tool for increasing scale. Levels designed around it as a primary focus could be very fun and wouldn't take tons of development time.

More enemy types and further exploration into Hell and Heaven.

On 3/30/2020 at 9:30 AM, Zemini said:

Harder demon variants of existing demons to be used in different master level modes or singleplayer.

They already have some demon skins in the game, they could easily use those as variants, something along the lines of the implementing the zombie mancubus and having it shot out that purple goo that limits the player's mobility.

8 hours ago, holaareola said:

I imagine the third-person glory kill animation work is a huge barrier though

Interestingly, Doom 2016 did have third-person animations for every glory kill because of co-op in SnapMap. Now I wonder if Battlemode has all the glory kills animated in third-person as well.

7 minutes ago, AtimZarr1 said:

Interestingly, Doom 2016 did have third-person animations for every glory kill because of co-op in SnapMap. Now I wonder if Battlemode has all the glory kills animated in third-person as well.

damn cacodemons were way bigger in 2016

i just want some more hell. a dark cold lonely spooky part of hell. like fighting the balrog in the mines of moria.

would be so cool.